LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Detroit

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 352
0 members and 352 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 04-29-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
DetInDebt

Question Need Info on Jaffe

I am considering a potential move to Jaffe, does anyone have any info re QOL, pay, hours? I have also heard some unconfirmed rumors that they are having some trouble, especially in their litigation and bankruptcy departments, is this true? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Victoriana

Jaffe - a firm in turmoil??

DetinDebt (aren't we all?!), there are several posts about Jaffe on the old board (which has been inaccessible for a few days now). They speak to the rumors you've heard. Apparently there have been several departures of associates and at least 1 partner, as well as the possibility that at least one of the practice groups may leave.

I don't have any personal knowledge of what's going on there, but it does sound like a firm undergoing a lot of change. If you interview, the new strategic focus and direction of the firm would certainly be key issues. I'd especially be curious as to what prompted the apparent mass departures.

Of course, it could be that they cut back on parking reimbursement sometime ago. :hmmf:
Old 04-30-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Jaffe - a firm in turmoil??

Quote:
Originally posted by Victoriana
Of course, it could be that they cut back on parking reimbursement sometime ago. :hmmf:
so they are moving their offices out of downtown detroit to find cheaper parking?

oh and hi vickie

ms. naughty diplomat
ms. naughty diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #4
Victoriana

Hello, Ms. Naughty:

One never knows.

There was a fracas a while back (perhaps in 2001, perhaps 2000) on the other Board when a GA complained (if I remember correctly) that parking allowances had been cut back. A partner joined in, bitching that GAs were spending too much time online.

Apparently the parking issue was important to some. Perhaps that's why they're contemplating a suburban move ... to cut down on the bitching!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
blue_Triangle

pistons tix

in my career I've worked at 4 firms. 2 firms ago I worked at a firm withj the best pistons tickets. this fact, now, causes me the only regret beyond missing collegues for any of my moves. thank you for listening.