LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 214
0 members and 214 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #1474
Pretty Little Flower

Questlove v. Nemo

Questlove is a funny ass guy. Dude has seen some weird shit in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfhoI6iX5ng

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #1475
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Questlove v. Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
Questlove is a funny ass guy. Dude has seen some weird shit in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfhoI6iX5ng
In the last 10 days fully 50% of the non-naked lady posts were hip hop related. You need to take this to a new board. You're choking out the real fashion stuff. Plus, I think you might have scared off that old guy who hates hip hop. remember, you and T yelled at him?
Old 01-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #1476
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
In the last 10 days fully 50% of the non-naked lady posts were hip hop related. You need to take this to a new board. You're choking out the real fashion stuff. Plus, I think you might have scared off that old guy who hates hip hop. remember, you and T yelled at him?
More if you count your signature line as "hip-hop related." But you shouldn't call him an old guy, because I did and he called me out on it now I feel bad about it. Anyway, hip hop is fashion and vice versa. You're like Kanye, you should know that. Speaking of Kanye, his web site is now a freestyle message from Yasiin Bey/Mos Def speaking out/rapping about his arrest in South Africa for being there on a "World Passport" or something like that (which does not exist) and how he is retiring from hip hop, which is too bad because his show last Spring here was one of the best hip hop shows I have seen in terms or energy and flow and just an all around good time. In the meantime, Kanye has suggested that he is going to release and album of Bowie covers and 20,000 people have signed a petition asking him not to do so. So I'm starting a petition to ask people who are signing petitions asking people to not create music they don't like to, instead of signing petitions asking people to not create music they don't like, just not buy or listen to the music they don't like. Who's with me?

WHO'S. WITH. ME?????????

I am not sorry.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #1477
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
More if you count your signature line as "hip-hop related." But you shouldn't call him an old guy, because I did and he called me out on it now I feel bad about it. Anyway, hip hop is fashion and vice versa. You're like Kanye, you should know that. Speaking of Kanye, his web site is now a freestyle message from Yasiin Bey/Mos Def speaking out/rapping about his arrest in South Africa for being there on a "World Passport" or something like that (which does not exist) and how he is retiring from hip hop, which is too bad because his show last Spring here was one of the best hip hop shows I have seen in terms or energy and flow and just an all around good time. In the meantime, Kanye has suggested that he is going to release and album of Bowie covers and 20,000 people have signed a petition asking him not to do so. So I'm starting a petition to ask people who are signing petitions asking people to not create music they don't like to, instead of signing petitions asking people to not create music they don't like, just not buy or listen to the music they don't like. Who's with me?

WHO'S. WITH. ME?????????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5D...ature=youtu.be

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:48 AM   #1479
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Dear Gothamite interweb friends,

Am bringing all of the Slothrops to NYC next month for a little winter vacation. Staying in an apartment on the Upper West Side. Suggestions about what to do, where to eat, etc.? Wee Slothrops range from high school to elementary school.

TIA,

Ty
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #1480
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Dear Gothamite interweb friends,

Am bringing all of the Slothrops to NYC next month for a little winter vacation. Staying in an apartment on the Upper West Side. Suggestions about what to do, where to eat, etc.? Wee Slothrops range from high school to elementary school.

TIA,

Ty
Need more info. Places to eat and activities for fambly only? Adult time? Come on, man. This ain't Des Moines.

TM
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #1481
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Need more info. Places to eat and activities for fambly only? Adult time? Come on, man. This ain't Des Moines.

TM
plus, have the kids been there much before? first time needing to do the standard? Plus, for how ling?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #1482
ferrets_bueller

Ahh...I would be that "old guy." Tough couple of weeks for me. I am older than Bowie and Frey. I'm 69.

When I saw the note about Questlove I thought about replying but didn't so as not to ruffle the delicate feelings of the hip-hop affectionados here. Now then.

Questlove is different because he is in on the silly excesses of the bling lifestyle. He has a video out, some time ago, about picking up a couple of schmoes and taking them on a plane to parties of absurdly ostentatious wealth. But he gives a wink and a shrug to shows (at least to me) he knows this is at very least ironic.

I've also heard him discuss why rappers in general go for the of the top display of wealth; that relates to the historic inability of poor people to do just that. Fair enough; but the fact that (a) he took the time to explain it, coupled with (b) his general ability to discuss serious issues with wit and depth sets him apart the people I find repugnant in the genre:, misogynists and those who glorify and celebrate criminality. Suge Knight comes to mind.

So there you go. Still not a fan of most rap, but you can find a truffle there if you look long enough.
ferrets_bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #1483
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Thank you! Damn. That's all I'm gonna say.

I am not sorry.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #1484
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrets_bueller View Post
Ahh...I would be that "old guy." Tough couple of weeks for me. I am older than Bowie and Frey. I'm 69.

When I saw the note about Questlove I thought about replying but didn't so as not to ruffle the delicate feelings of the hip-hop affectionados here. Now then.

Questlove is different because he is in on the silly excesses of the bling lifestyle. He has a video out, some time ago, about picking up a couple of schmoes and taking them on a plane to parties of absurdly ostentatious wealth. But he gives a wink and a shrug to shows (at least to me) he knows this is at very least ironic.

I've also heard him discuss why rappers in general go for the of the top display of wealth; that relates to the historic inability of poor people to do just that. Fair enough; but the fact that (a) he took the time to explain it, coupled with (b) his general ability to discuss serious issues with wit and depth sets him apart the people I find repugnant in the genre:, misogynists and those who glorify and celebrate criminality. Suge Knight comes to mind.

So there you go. Still not a fan of most rap, but you can find a truffle there if you look long enough.
Ah yes. You again. Glad to hear that your limited understanding of the music remains. Also surprised to hear that the entire genre can be reduced so easily to Suge Knight (who is not an artist, but that surely makes no difference) or Questlove. Similarly, I had no idea that misogyny and materialism were concepts limited to hip hop, but what do I know?

"Ruffle the delicate feelings." FoH with that shit. Your ignorance begs a response every. single. time. It's sad to see that you're fighting so hard to remain ignorant, but whatever floats your dumbass boat.

TM
Old 01-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #1485
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Ah yes. You again. Glad to hear that your limited understanding of the music remains. Also surprised to hear that the entire genre can be reduced so easily to Suge Knight (who is not an artist, but that surely makes no difference) or Questlove. Similarly, I had no idea that misogyny and materialism were concepts limited to hip hop, but what do I know?

"Ruffle the delicate feelings." FoH with that shit. Your ignorance begs a response every. single. time. It's sad to see that you're fighting so hard to remain ignorant, but whatever floats your dumbass boat.

TM
Sorry, Thurgreed, but I am not going to be baited into a response by ferret's post. It would be a fruitless endeavour, and one that I will not engage in -- on this I will remain firm. Seriously, what response would be even worth the time it takes to type it? I mean, I would probably just say something like I am pretty sure that Questlove, were he to read ferret's post, would shake his head slowly in sadness, surprised that he still has the capacity to be surprised by the ignorance of so many about the music and culture that he has been a part of and advocated for and educated others about for so long. But even that is more of a response than I am willing to put forward. I will not even say that. Or anything.

I am not sorry.