LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 180
0 members and 180 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #181
Not Bob

In 27-D, I was behind the wing, watching landscape roll out like credits on a screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
It's worse, I didn't actually pay for the upgrade, as when I tried to do so at the kiosk, my credit card was declined for fraud protection (I used miles for the flight was they apparently thought it was weird to be buying an upgrade) and when I went to ask about it at the gate, the agent gave it to me for free.

Worse. Than. Hitler.
Well, you didn't know everything when you claimed your seat, so don't be too hard on yourself. And if the stewardess* didn't mention the circumstances to you (they often know this stuff) before takeoff, the best you could have done was to offer to trade back once you figured it out.

To atone, maybe make a donation to the local pediatric cancer center? Or check with the local ACS chapter to see if they have a generic winter gift-giving holiday party for kids with cancer and their families (the one in Podunkville does), and pony up some of your ducats to buy toys for Santa/Hanukkah Harry/Solstice Person to hand out at said party.

*I know. I'm working on it.
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #182
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: In 27-D, I was behind the wing, watching landscape roll out like credits on a scr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Well, you didn't know everything when you claimed your seat, so don't be too hard on yourself.
Hopefully the tongue-in-cheek part was clear.

But yeah, (1) I could not actually see who was in my seat when I said, "someone is in my seat," (2) the flight attendant was standing right there, as it was the first row in coach, and acted before I saw who was in the seat, (3) the credit card fraud protection call was coming in at the time, so I was distracted in that direction as well, and (4) they knew it wasn't his seat.

Still, had I been more on top of things, I would have liked to act as graciously as Burger suggested.

Sort of. I also wanted that seat.

Quote:
Or check with the local ACS chapter to see if they have a generic winter gift-giving holiday party for kids with cancer and their families (the one in Podunkville does), and pony up some of your ducats to buy toys for Santa/Hanukkah Harry/Solstice Person to hand out at said party.
Instead, I shall break out my purple tote bag that says "team captain" on it or claim my Fundraising Club Certificate (?) or otherwise give myself too much credit for organizing the first ever Relay for Life of Downtown Minneapolis, which the organization saw as a big success but I personally thought it could have raised way more money.

(The wife works for Big Cancer, which means I spend a lot of time and some money (mostly buying drinks for staff that can't expense them) on cancer stuff).
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #183
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: In 27-D, I was behind the wing, watching landscape roll out like credits on a scr

Quote:
Hopefully the tongue-in-cheek part was clear.

But yeah, (1) I could not actually see who was in my seat when I said, "someone is in my seat," (2) the flight attendant was standing right there, as it was the first row in coach, and acted before I saw who was in the seat, (3) the credit card fraud protection call was coming in at the time, so I was distracted in that direction as well, and (4) they knew it wasn't his seat.

Still, had I been more on top of things, I would have liked to act as graciously as Burger suggested.

Sort of. I also wanted that seat.

Instead, I shall break out my purple tote bag that says "team captain" on it or claim my Fundraising Club Certificate (?) or otherwise give myself too much credit for organizing the first ever Relay for Life of Downtown Minneapolis, which the organization saw as a big success but I personally thought it could have raised way more money.

(The wife works for Big Cancer, which means I spend a lot of time and some money (mostly buying drinks for staff that can't expense them) on cancer stuff).
Careful of frauds- go to 2:20
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #184
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: Actual airport conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd Finch View Post
And if you can't laugh at kids with cancer, who can you laugh at?

Especially when they are being low-class and deserve it. I mean, Disneyworld? The kid is probably better off dead.
On one of my bad days, a pregnant woman gave up a seat for me. Yes, I took it. My wife thanked her profusely, emphasizing how great it was that someone in her condition gave me the seat, telling her what I was going through, all very loudly and while staring at the 40 something lawyer looking guy in a suit one seat over. He just sat there.

I'll bet that guy would laugh at Hank's joke.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #185
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:

The first year is just the beginning. The key is institutionalizing it and building. Keep going. Good on ya.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #186
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Re: Actual airport conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
On one of my bad days, a pregnant woman gave up a seat for me. Yes, I took it. My wife thanked her profusely, emphasizing how great it was that someone in her condition gave me the seat, telling her what I was going through, all very loudly and while staring at the 40 something lawyer looking guy in a suit one seat over. He just sat there.

I'll bet that guy would laugh at Hank's joke.
Reminder that some disabilities are invisible. Psychosis, for one.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #187
bold_n_brazen
It's all about me.

Location: Enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?
Can anyone recommend a litigator in Tucson?

Preferably real estate. For a family member.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #188
Icky Thump

Why oh why

Did I schedule a dep for the day of ECF GAME7?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #189
Icky Thump

Re: Why oh why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Did I schedule a dep for the day of ECF GAME7?
At least I am taking not defending so I can wrap it up after witnesses name.

ETA

Out of town dep.

Last edited by Icky Thump; 05-28-2015 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: forgot
Icky Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #190
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
At least I am taking not defending so I can wrap it up after witnesses name.

ETA

Out of town dep.
If in Arizona ask witness for name of Phoenix real estate litigator before shutting it down? Does the city you are in have CBC, or will your viewing be compromised?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #191
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
If in Arizona ask witness for name of Phoenix real estate litigator before shutting it down? Does the city you are in have CBC, or will your viewing be compromised?
Bahston. Right on the CBC.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #192
Flinty_McFlint

Quote:
Bahston. Right on the CBC.
Any hockey fans know who Daniel Winnik is? Guess he's a journeyman winger, but just played golf with him and he was a loong hitter, and a nice guy. Damn Canadians.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #193
Not Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty_McFlint View Post
Any hockey fans know who Daniel Winnik is? Guess he's a journeyman winger, but just played golf with him and he was a loong hitter, and a nice guy. Damn Canadians.
He's a pretty solid 3rd or 4th line guy - the Penguins picked him up in the spring for their playoff run.

And my "Ducks over the Rangers in 6 for the Cup" prediction has proven yet again that I am not the person to go to for sports betting advice.

(Apropos of nothing, I am now picturing gwnc saying "you know nothing, Not Bob." You know, in a hot chick from the frozen North kind of way.)

Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #194
Icky Thump

Quote:
He's a pretty solid 3rd or 4th line guy - the Penguins picked him up in the spring for their playoff run.

And my "Ducks over the Rangers in 6 for the Cup" prediction has proven yet again that I am not the person to go to for sports betting advice.

(Apropos of nothing, I am now picturing gwnc saying "you know nothing, Not Bob." You know, in a hot chick from the frozen North kind of way.)

I get wood just thinking about that phrase.

Funny story. I went to see a friend's band and I started talking to some Irish lass with a similar look and accent. A few drinks in I ask her to say that line.

My friend comes off stage he says "so you met my girlfriend...."
Old 06-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #195
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Quote:
Quote:
I get wood just thinking about that phrase.
You’re welcome, then. {Spree: Brief nipple, over and over and over}
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote