LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 117
0 members and 117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #4711
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Take the person’s name off of stuff and investigate whether the laundering was willfully done and, if so, fire those responsible?
But what does that even mean? Almost definitionally, anyone giving money in a non-anonymous way can be looking to bask in that glow.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #4712
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: More Sebby bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
In the event there is a stress fracture from running every single day, then you may find yourself buying one of those fancy evil Peloton bikes. Or, um, so I've heard. The problem is, the expectations set in the ads are that you are going to have a dedicated room, 2500 sq. ft. minimum, with floor-to-ceiling windows and *gorgeous* views, in which to place your Peloton bike altar.
Yeah, if any of you are wondering what to get me for Christmas, I'll accept a bike if I get the room, too.

I once asked for and got an exercise bike for Christmas. Of course, at the time I was doing chemo and was looking to be able to do low-impact exercise in 3-4 minute increments (all I had energy for) at home. I don't think my video would have been as photogenic, but I wouldn't have looked at the camera with that "Help! Send in the extraction team!" look.
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #4713
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
I'd say, "averages" is probably more accurate. But she doesn't run fewer than 8 miles, ever. She's insane. This year she went 120 days in a row as some sort of lunatic personal challenge. The streak stopped when she only ran 7 miles one day because that distance "didn't count."

And I'm considered the crazy one.

TM
That's pretty damn impressive. I ran 80+ miles for a few weeks prior to a marathon (15 years ago), but maintaining 50+ mpw for that long...I think my body would break down.

ETA that I'm 44 and thus my body is always in a state of breaking down. Herniated discs are awesome. I'm pretty sure I was in my 20s when I first started posting here.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #4714
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by did you just call me coltrane? View Post
herniated discs are awesome.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #4715
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
Good thing we chose a profession that requires lots of sitting. I should quit and become a mailman.
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #4716
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
Good thing we chose a profession that requires lots of sitting. I should quit and become a mailman.
Read Dr Sarno.
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #4717
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
That's pretty damn impressive. I ran 80+ miles for a few weeks prior to a marathon (15 years ago), but maintaining 50+ mpw for that long...I think my body would break down.

ETA that I'm 44 and thus my body is always in a state of breaking down. Herniated discs are awesome. I'm pretty sure I was in my 20s when I first started posting here.
My body feels so much less broken down than it did 10-15 years ago, to which I credit being much more active.

But I walk and bike and do not run or otherwise do much that’s meaningfully impactful on the joint.
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #4718
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:

My trainer (44) and I (46) have agreed that from here on out something will always hurt.

That reminds me: I need to ice my hip.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #4719
LessinSF
Wearing the cranky pants

Re: Sebby's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
There are now two FDA approvals of cannabinoid products - that was the first. Since they both address very limited markets and treatments, it will be interesting to see what they get in terms of on-label versus off-label use, but, still, it's the right way to get to market and you have to give respect to those companies. In terms of medical use, the on-label usages we're talking about wouldn't be enough to attract a dime of investment, though that is probably not the right measure (just the one we usually have to live with).

I do a lot in the biotech area, and my firm does a lot in the cannibis area, but I have made it clear I'm only interested in working in the area when people are getting FDA approvals. So I've had multiple conversations with people who are part of the current grass land grab about the issue, and they all pass.
So, in sum, you admit that once again you were full of shit and there is legitimate medical usage for CBD, and "real medical folks" have been and are funded to "figure it out."

LessinMesquiteNV
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #4720
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
My trainer (44) and I (46) have agreed that from here on out something will always hurt.

That reminds me: I need to ice my hip.
I’m 60. No one I used to run with still runs. I know 1 person my age who still does. I run at least 7 days in a row, then eventually take a day off. I used to end up in PT every few years. A few years back I got plantar f, and that merged into severe back pain. I remember someone telling me about Dr Sarno’s Healing Back Pain. New editions extend it to basically almost every pain- certainly disc/tendon ligaments. Saved my life. You all are getting old. The book takes 3 hours to read.