LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Chicago

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 110
0 members and 110 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #376
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

Speaking of Tweeter...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aloha Mr. Learned Hand
Looks like Farm Aid 2005 will be held there in Sept.
and along those lines, 2 of the 15 contestants for the CBS show to find INXS a new singer are from Chicago. Turns out that Marty Casey is a friend's cousin, so I'm pulling for his, though I definitely liked a few of the others on the show last night.

Say_hello_for_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #377
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

ABA Annual Meeting

Quote:
Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
I'm really excited about this. The lineup seems doable, and I don't see too many conflicts. Woo hoo! I guess I should get off my butt and actually buy tickets.
I'm getting in on Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. PM me if you want to hook up at some point.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #378
Did you just call me Coltrane?

ABA Annual Meeting

Quote:
I'm getting in on Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. PM me if you want to hook up at some point.
Hook up? I'll bring Sequels for the FMF.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:15 PM   #379
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

Speaking of Tweeter...

Quote:
Originally posted by Say_hello_for_me
and along those lines, 2 of the 15 contestants for the CBS show to find INXS a new singer are from Chicago. Turns out that Marty Casey is a friend's cousin, so I'm pulling for his, though I definitely liked a few of the others on the show last night.
Marty did okay with the Franz Ferdinand thing last night (good call for INXSy music), but two of those women were born rock stars. Pretty good watching, so I hope y'all are.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #380
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

ABA Annual Meeting

Quote:
and I'm just sayin, if you see a slouchy-lawyer type, a large and serious military type, a handsome-modelly professional type, and one 9-yoa niece, one 15 yoa-stepniece (plus friends of the 15 yoa stepniece and the handsome-modelly professional type), please don't blow any crack smoke in their direction. After all, some of these people promised their very important and very pregnant sister that they would take care of the childrens. So think of the childrens please. I'm just sayin.

Actually, they are all very nice people IRL, though even the 9 yoa is a wiseass (though most adults agree she is the nicest kid in existence today). Please don't be afraid to say hello to me.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #381
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

ABA Annual Meeting

Quote:
and I'm just sayin, if you see a slouchy-lawyer type, a large and serious military type, a handsome-modelly professional type, and one 9-yoa niece, one 15 yoa-stepniece (plus friends of the 15 yoa stepniece and the handsome-modelly professional type), please don't blow any crack smoke in their direction. After all, some of these people promised their very important and very pregnant sister that they would take care of the childrens. So think of the childrens please. I'm just sayin.

Actually, they are all very nice people IRL, though even the 9 yoa is a wiseass (though most adults agree she is the nicest kid in existence today). Please don't be afraid to say hello to me.
turned out well, nice people nice fans, good musicians, bad bad bad acoustics for 2/3rd (the middle 2/3rds) of the fields, and I assume that will be fixed next time they do this.

Best and worst I saw:
amateurs: Ambulance LTD... yawwn.
Death Cab for Cutie... definitely not a concert band, but y'all suspected as much. Its too bad too.

And who in the world is "And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead". That show rawked, but why haven't I heard of them before? MTV.com says they've been around since 1994.

Weezer was Weezer, and the Pixies were awesome, which was cool. Dashboard was way over the top pandering to the teenage set, but they sounded good. Liz Phair sounded good too... but (see Death Cab for Cutie above). That said, at least Liz Phair didn't make me cringe. Death Cab was painful.

The Killers were surprisingly awesome for having a singer tied to a keyboard.

and the Redwalls are opening up on the next Oasis tour? Yuck.

Anyone else? RT?

One thing is for sure. Except for the sound problems (too many stages in too little space), the bands definitely liked the venue. I'll be surprised to see much criticism of them.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #382
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

ABA Annual Meeting

Quote:
turned out well, nice people nice fans, good musicians, bad bad bad acoustics for 2/3rd (the middle 2/3rds) of the fields, and I assume that will be fixed next time they do this.

Best and worst I saw:
amateurs: Ambulance LTD... yawwn.
Death Cab for Cutie... definitely not a concert band, but y'all suspected as much. Its too bad too.

And who in the world is "And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead". That show rawked, but why haven't I heard of them before? MTV.com says they've been around since 1994.

Weezer was Weezer, and the Pixies were awesome, which was cool. Dashboard was way over the top pandering to the teenage set, but they sounded good. Liz Phair sounded good too... but (see Death Cab for Cutie above). That said, at least Liz Phair didn't make me cringe. Death Cab was painful.

The Killers were surprisingly awesome for having a singer tied to a keyboard.

and the Redwalls are opening up on the next Oasis tour? Yuck.

Anyone else? RT?

One thing is for sure. Except for the sound problems (too many stages in too little space), the bands definitely liked the venue. I'll be surprised to see much criticism of them.
I agree with all of the above, though I'm still kicking myself over missing Trail of Dead.

I will say if anyone EVER has the opportunity to see Arcade Fire live, do it. They were amazing.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #383
Aloha Mr. Learned Hand

Greatest. Music Video. Ever.

From Chicago's own OK Go:

Click on "A Million Ways" video on front page...
Aloha Mr. Learned Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #384
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Greatest. Music Video. Ever.

Quote:
From Chicago's own OK Go:

Click on "A Million Ways" video on front page...
I saw them do this live a month or two ago. Very entertaining. Unfortunately we got to the show towards the end of their set (they were opening for Kaiser Cheifs) because they actually started promptly at 7:30 (the tix said doors at 7:30). The nerve.
notcasesensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #385
Aloha Mr. Learned Hand

Mayor Daley Questioned by the G

For 2 hours today. Interesting... claims he doesn't know if he's a target.

BS. He had a personal attorney there. Typically if you ask the Feds if your client is a target or not they will tell you.

Link
Old 08-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #386
Aloha Mr. Learned Hand

Ex-Sidley Partner Indicted

For his involvement in the KPMG tax shelter mess. Came over in the Brown & Wood merger in 2001. Naturally set the firm up for millions in potential liability.

Link
Old 09-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #387
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
For 2 hours today. Interesting... claims he doesn't know if he's a target.

BS. He had a personal attorney there. Typically if you ask the Feds if your client is a target or not they will tell you.

Link
Isn't this a res ipsa thing? How much more guilty do this riff raff of a treasonous criminal enterprising family have to be to get convicted? The Daleys make the Kennedys look like choir boys, albeit the type of choir boys who like to tag team the altar boys when the priests invite them.

Either way, Chicago should hang its head in shame.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #388
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
Isn't this a res ipsa thing? How much more guilty do this riff raff of a treasonous criminal enterprising family have to be to get convicted? The Daleys make the Kennedys look like choir boys, albeit the type of choir boys who like to tag team the altar boys when the priests invite them.

Either way, Chicago should hang its head in shame.
You can't photo shop the Daley. No union shop would touch that.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #389
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
You can't photo shop the Daley. No union shop would touch that.
Is the Mrs. Uniion?

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #390
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
Is the Mrs. Uniion?
no but my family's mobbed up so we're out too.