LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 104
0 members and 104 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #2266
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Why the Wisconsin hate here?
You're asking a Minnesotan what's with the Wisconsin hate? Rather like Pennsylvania, it's Madison, Milwaukee and Alabama everywhere else. The kind of place that's racist despite being entirely white. (Yeah, I know, parts of MN too).
Old 10-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #2267
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Every been there? It’s one thing to eat a butter burger once because you’re on vacation. It’s a whole nother thing to do it a few times a week.
Frozen custard is more of a problem than any opiate.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #2268
Pretty Little Flower

If it were up to me . . .

Every member of the Senate and Congress who ever received a cent from the NRA, and I assume it is all or basically all of them, should have their eyes propped open with a Clockwork Orange-like device, and have to watch this for 72 hours straight on repeat. Not that I think it would have an effect on most of those soulless fucks, but it might just find enough of a diseased remnant of conscience in enough of them to make a difference in the next gun control vote:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinio...ol-left-region

I am not sorry.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #2269
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: If it were up to me . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
Every member of the Senate and Congress who ever received a cent from the NRA, and I assume it is all or basically all of them, should have their eyes propped open with a Clockwork Orange-like device, and have to watch this for 72 hours straight on repeat. Not that I think it would have an effect on most of those soulless fucks, but it might just find enough of a diseased remnant of conscience in enough of them to make a difference in the next gun control vote:

Next vote?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #2270
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Next vote?
Point taken.

I am not sorry.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #2271
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post

I think part of it is that is a person is stupid enough to say "Let's pray" then they are stupid enough so that they won't get it.

I am thinking it's like work. A few of you are bringing in all the work, doing all the work, then wondering why the fuck you are paying B to pick his nose and not do shit, when you say ppsssst, let's take this shit, set up our own shop and cut these motherfuckers out.

Same here, why not secede? Let these fuckers have their guns, their prayer in school, their handmaids. Just close the border at the fucking Holland tunnel.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #2272
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Why the Wisconsin hate here? We can't leave a hole between Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota, or the territory becomes tougher to defend.
Wouldn't both sides be on board with this? It would be like the EU - People living in Enlightenedville could travel to Podunkville and vice versa, but each would have its own set of laws/constitution. Let's do this! Gun nuts would never have to worry about gun control, and rational people could ban guns completely. Win-Win-WIN!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #2273
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
I think part of it is that is a person is stupid enough to say "Let's pray" then they are stupid enough so that they won't get it.

I am thinking it's like work. A few of you are bringing in all the work, doing all the work, then wondering why the fuck you are paying B to pick his nose and not do shit, when you say ppsssst, let's take this shit, set up our own shop and cut these motherfuckers out.

Same here, why not secede? Let these fuckers have their guns, their prayer in school, their handmaids. Just close the border at the fucking Holland tunnel.
Because our best soldiers are from the South? Mugs can shoot.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #2274
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

So what random thoughts.

Way back in college, my roommate was into a girl who lived on our floor who is now his wife. He sorta tried to hook me up with her roommate, to whom I probably should have been more attracted give the circumstances. Regardless, we wound up agreeing to go to a dance together, despite at least my awkwardness around whether we were really into each other.

This lead to questions around our dorm about whether it was our first date, to which I reflexively responded "no" meaning I had had other dates before. Later, I took her for e ride in my dad's convertibel during which she reasonably but unexpectedly to me asked if my parents would be okay with her being brown. They would have been but it wasn't really a date to me so I didn't get the question.

More than a decade later I moved back to Minneapolis and met her out for drinks. She was divorced (and now years later I know out of an abusive relationship). We wound up at her place as I took the bus and she didn't want to drive home having had some drinks. I drove her home and she immediately called me a cab, although we talked about how a mutual friend (who wanted to fuck her) told her back in college that I was only going to the dance with her to try to fuck her and she weirdly (from my perspective) sidled up to me after effecively telling me to go away via calling a cab.

So, anyway, she and I had weird vibes and I let her fall away after meeting and starting to date my now wife so it's a bit odd aside from really liking and respecting her because she's great but also realizing I was super weird with her twice because I'm a dweeb and neither of us was good at saying we were down.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #2275
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
So what random thoughts.

Way back in college, my roommate was into a girl who lived on our floor who is now his wife. He sorta tried to hook me up with her roommate, to whom I probably should have been more attracted give the circumstances. Regardless, we wound up agreeing to go to a dance together, despite at least my awkwardness around whether we were really into each other.

This lead to questions around our dorm about whether it was our first date, to which I reflexively responded "no" meaning I had had other dates before. Later, I took her for e ride in my dad's convertibel during which she reasonably but unexpectedly to me asked if my parents would be okay with her being brown. They would have been but it wasn't really a date to me so I didn't get the question.

More than a decade later I moved back to Minneapolis and met her out for drinks. She was divorced (and now years later I know out of an abusive relationship). We wound up at her place as I took the bus and she didn't want to drive home having had some drinks. I drove her home and she immediately called me a cab, although we talked about how a mutual friend (who wanted to fuck her) told her back in college that I was only going to the dance with her to try to fuck her and she weirdly (from my perspective) sidled up to me after effecively telling me to go away via calling a cab.

So, anyway, she and I had weird vibes and I let her fall away after meeting and starting to date my now wife so it's a bit odd aside from really liking and respecting her because she's great but also realizing I was super weird with her twice because I'm a dweeb and neither of us was good at saying we were down.
Adder’s playing “women I should have fucked but didn’t”? Your child is two already? Time flies.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #2276
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
So what random thoughts.

Don’t do it.

Warning signs I missed from a Ford model who was dating a friend.

“I just did a nude photo shoot do you want to see it?”

“”Your legs feel so strong, how much do your squat?”

“Is it ok if I get naked in your car?”

“Can you have sex with my friend [also ford model] while I watch?”

“Can me and [my friend] have sex in the back seat while you drive?”

For whatever reason I think he realized she dug me. He was not very serious. With her.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #2277
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Don’t do it.

Warning signs I missed from a Ford model who was dating a friend.

“I just did a nude photo shoot do you want to see it?”

“”Your legs feel so strong, how much do your squat?”

“Is it ok if I get naked in your car?”

“Can you have sex with my friend [also ford model] while I watch?”

“Can me and [my friend] have sex in the back seat while you drive?”

For whatever reason I think he realized she dug me. He was not very serious. With her.
Wish I’d gone into PI law😜
Old 10-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #2278
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Don’t do it.

r.
Not doing anything nor is there anything at all on the table to do. Just a weird history I think about when she pops up on Facebook.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #2279
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Jesus fucking Christ.

If nothing happened after Sandy Hook, nothing will happen after this. What a sick country we live in.
I picked a good week to be out of the country.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #2280
Icky Thump

Quote:
Wish I’d gone into PI law😜
That's music. PI law is just sitting around hearing guys talking about how great they are.