LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 123
0 members and 123 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #736
Not Bob

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) View Post
What's funny is that for the first couple of months Florio ran with the story like it was the greatest scoop and scandal, until he started looking at the facts.
Can we just agree to hate everyone involved (other than Giselle), agree to feel bad for the poor schmoes who softened the footballs, and move on?

On a related note, replacing Rob Lowe* with Eli Manning in the Direct TV ad campaign was a stroke of genius. Now if the company can only avoid problems with the scripts ....

*I thought Rob was excellent, and it wasn't his fault that the ads were pulled, but I understand why the company went with a different spokesperson in light of the controversy. Though I will miss the "St. Elmo's Fire" theme song at the end.
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #737
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: Guaranteed to have the time of your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Who cares about the Patriots? The Mets* are in first place in August! Bartolo!

*My iPhone wanted to autocorrect this to "Meta" which amuses me greatly.
A-Mazin!

Unfortunately, the Yankees are too.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #738
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.

Quote:
Can we just agree to hate everyone involved (other than Giselle), agree to feel bad for the poor schmoes who softened the footballs, and move on?

On a related note, replacing Rob Lowe* with Eli Manning in the Direct TV ad campaign was a stroke of genius. Now if the company can only avoid problems with the scripts ....

*I thought Rob was excellent, and it wasn't his fault that the ads were pulled, but I understand why the company went with a different spokesperson in light of the controversy. Though I will miss the "St. Elmo's Fire" theme song at the end.
what controversy?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #739
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: All the LOLs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) View Post
Hahaha - that's rich. In a case that's about mischaracterized facts, innuendo and assumptions of winks and nods, you challenge this report as biased? Even if it's not Kensil who's behind it, clearly the info came from the NFL offices, was inaccurate, and hasn't been retracted other than implicitly by the "independent" Wells report.
No one is arguing that the initial report was incorrect as to the amount of pressure taken out of the ball. But the balls were all under league minimums. I just think it's funny that when it comes to mischaracterized facts, innuendo and assumptions of winks and nods, you take Kraft, his billionaire report, and the voice of the Patriots as gospel when it comes to NFL conspiracies and ex-Jets out to get you. But if, based on the actual evidence of deflated balls and text messages, one believes Brady knew his balls were deflated beyond league standards, one is a crazy conspiracy theorist.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #740
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
A-Mazin!

Unfortunately, the Yankees are too.
The Yankees aren't going anywhere this year. The Mets have pitching. After the suffering Mets fans have endured recently, I'm actually kind of pulling for them. Of course, if they go anywhere in the playoffs, the fans will become insufferable. But I'll avoid that bridge and tunnel when I come to it.

TM
Old 08-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #741
Not Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
what controversy?
If memory serves, the FTC said that some of the comparisons made by the two Rob Lowes in the commercials were false and misleading (though I didn't remember which ones).
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #742
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: Because the Mets are Really Sockin the Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
The Yankees aren't going anywhere this year. The Mets have pitching. After the suffering Mets fans have endured recently, I'm actually kind of pulling for them. Of course, if they go anywhere in the playoffs, the fans will become insufferable. But I'll avoid that bridge and tunnel when I come to it.

TM
Downright gracious.... damn, I may have to hold my tongue a bit on trash-talking the Yankees.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #743
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
If memory serves, the FTC said that some of the comparisons made by the two Rob Lowes in the commercials were false and misleading (though I didn't remember which ones).
http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/08/medi...ast/index.html

Although I would think it's the message, not the messenger, that's the problem - having Eli Manning make misleading statements wouldn't be okay because he says it in a down-homie, southern aw shucks accent.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #744
Icky Thump

Re: Bring your kiddies, bring your wife.

Quote:
Who cares about the Patriots? The Mets* are in first place in August! Bartolo!

*My iPhone wanted to autocorrect this to "Meta" which amuses me greatly.
Buffet owners everywhere fearing the tag team of Uribe and Colon.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #745
Icky Thump

Quote:

TM
We've been in first place for one day and we're insufferable. For the first time, this past week when I went to Citifield I couldn't sit wherever I wanted.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #746
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:

I have not seen the Eli commercials. I'm surprised he's getting any sort of endorsement change after the last couple of seasons of Giants offense (to be fair, they only sucked mightily in the beginning of last season, and kind of pulled it together at the end). I can only hope that this season will be an improvement. Stay healthy, Odell.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #747
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcasesensitive View Post
I have not seen the Eli commercials. I'm surprised he's getting any sort of endorsement change after the last couple of seasons of Giants offense (to be fair, they only sucked mightily in the beginning of last season, and kind of pulled it together at the end). I can only hope that this season will be an improvement. Stay healthy, Odell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfmBQ8isJkE

Truly terrible.

TM
Old 08-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #748
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

By the way

Although I think Brady knew full well that the balls were underinflated and either looked the other way or instructed his guys to break the rules, at this point I'm rooting for the NFL to lose in court because the disciplinary process where Goodell reviews his own decision and gets to say, "Yep. Good work, Goodell," is a joke.

TM
Old 08-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #749
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Re: By the way

Quote:
Although I think Brady knew full well that the balls were underinflated and either looked the other way or instructed his guys to break the rules, at this point I'm rooting for the NFL to lose in court because the disciplinary process where Goodell reviews his own decision and gets to say, "Yep. Good work, Goodell," is a joke.

TM
Indeed - it's hard to have any confidence either way the facts are what are claimed when the process is more deficient than seen in the courtroom of a corrupt southern judge.