LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 366
0 members and 366 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #3541
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
There are infinite bananas waiting for you! Of every possible variety!

So there's no reason not to give me the ones your currently own.
Sorry. String beans?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #3542
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
I understand Susan Collins has come out with a statement on the Jamal Khashoggi situation, and that while she recognizes that the Washington Post says something happened, because Saudi Arabia has forcefully denied it, it must have been someone else who hurt Khashoggi inside the Saudi embassy.
If the Turks are worth anything, they’ll release the video. It’d destabilize the Kingdom.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #3543
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
If the Turks are worth anything, they’ll release the video. It’d destabilize the Kingdom.
Will it? I actually have no idea how much control the regime has over the media.

ETA: Also, does Turkey want a destabilized Kingdom? Or is there something else they want?

This thing is beyond my level of understanding of the dynamics at play.

Last edited by Adder; 10-12-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #3544
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
There are infinite bananas waiting for you! Of every possible variety!

So there's no reason not to give me the ones your currently own.
I don't understand how you're suddenly getting everyone's bananas. I asked first, and I care much more about the spiritual well being of these people than you do. I should get the bananas, or at least the lion's share of them.

I am not sorry.

Last edited by Pretty Little Flower; 10-12-2018 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Your/You're/Hank's Penis
Old 10-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #3545
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I should get the bananas, or at least the lion's share of them.
The basis for the phrase supporting your "right?" the lion is accompanied by a goat and a sheep, the deer they take is divided into four. the lion begins by claiming portions as a legal right and retains the others with threats. In La Fontaine's Fables there is a fourfold division between a heifer, a goat and a lamb (Fables I.6). Each of these the lion retains because he is king, the strongest, the bravest, and will kill the first who touches the fourth part.

Only a CIS white male would look to that as a positive image for themselves- Make america great Again, indeed. sad.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #3546
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I will put your bananas in my hammock:

Old 10-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #3547
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
There's word now that he recorded the whole interview on his apple watch and uploaded it to the cloud.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 10-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #3548
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Will it? I actually have no idea how much control the regime has over the media.

ETA: Also, does Turkey want a destabilized Kingdom? Or is there something else they want?

This thing is beyond my level of understanding of the dynamics at play.
Saying you have this video is 95% as good as actually having it. Everyone paying attention to the story now believes it exists. So whatever blackmail leverage this could confer to the Turks has already been spent. I infer from that strategy, as opposed to holding the video quietly and blackmailing the Saudis, the Turks are openly hostile to the Saudis and intend to use the video to damage the Kingdom. My second inference is that somebody other than the Saudis is holding them back from releasing the video. Given the Saudis are our staunch ally, however, if this video exists, Wikileaks will be leaked a copy at some point.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #3549
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
There's word now that he recorded the whole interview on his apple watch and uploaded it to the cloud.
Note how quickly stories have emerged asserting Khashoggi was a terrorist apologist, and how iWatches cannot sync with phones at the distance involved here.

The first is unvarnished propaganda -- Saudis using western media allies. The second is amusing because none of the stories provides a breakdown of the interior of the consulate. It's all surmising about how far away from his fiance's iPhone he was standing. It all assumes facts not at all evident from the scant information the authors know. One can assume these stories are either journalists recklessly speculating or trying to look like sleuths... or again, biased journalists doing the Saudis' bidding.

In either case, unfortunately for the Saudis, neither narrative is taking hold, and the only story sticking is that the still quite immature head of a ruling family of a corrupt and hopelessly regressive petro state murdered a critic, chopped his body into little pieces, and had it shipped to his palace on a private jet.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #3550
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
I will say with zero basis: this sounds like something that you might say to cover the fact that you've been surveiling a foreign state's consulate. (Which I understand is kind of understood and expected).
Old 10-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #3551
ferrets_bueller

You may recall I was roundly booed here for suggesting that Senator Warren release a DNA test to shut up the Orange Lord shouting "Pocahontas." The Senator apparently agreed with me. The results are apparently not conclusive, but are sufficient to make her case for Native American ancestry.

There is now little doubt, if any still existed, she is running in 2020.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...hlQ?ocid=ientp
Old 10-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #3552
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrets_bueller View Post
You may recall I was roundly booed here for suggesting that Senator Warren release a DNA test to shut up the Orange Lord shouting "Pocahontas." The Senator apparently agreed with me. The results are apparently not conclusive, but are sufficient to make her case for Native American ancestry.

There is now little doubt, if any still existed, she is running in 2020.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...hlQ?ocid=ientp
I'm 1.6% native American from 23 and me. might be pretty common.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #3553
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Between 1/64th and 1/1024th. https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...SVO/story.html
Old 10-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #3554
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I have two sisters who got very different results from 23 and me, so I'm a touch skeptical still. I also don't think it matters - I suspect many if not most people with ancestors who lived on the frontier pre-Civil War have some rumors of Native American blood somewhere in their heritage. After years of trying to deny it, suddenly it became cool back in the 60s and our grandparents brought out the old stories. That was real progress.

But Liz is going to have fun with this for a while. She put out a very good video.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #3555
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Heard her on a podcast awhile back talking about her childhood, which was actually a much more appealing political origin story than I realized (relatively poor in Oklahoma). Forcing her to talk more about it seems like an advantage to her, not a hardship.

I haven't bothered to look at her DNA test, but assuming it's like 23 and me and whatnot, it doesn't actually mean that you're descended from native people, and fractional expressions are not comparable, but rather it's a measure of where you genes are found among modern populations.

Kinda don't love playing into the nativist notion of race that the DNA test implies, but what are you gonna do?

Last edited by Adder; 10-15-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Closed Thread