LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 111
0 members and 111 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #2506
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
This Covid thing has fucked with people in untold ways. Never had any issue with my health, despite historically having run the machine hard, until last year.

Out of the blue, got a massive, stroke level spike in BP (testing 200/120). All while heart rate was still in low 70s, indicating pretty athletic cardio capacity at that level of stress. Felt fine. Was actually on my way for a run when a chance decision to test it led to discovery.

Scans and scans and tests later, everything came back fine. No organ issues, no left ventricle expansion consistent with longer term exceedingly high BP.

Cause? Unknown. Told to avoid excessive salt. Told booze intake inadequate to cause that kind of spike. No kidney disease. No thyroid issues. Heart attack enzymes actually low. All potential causes eliminated but one: Having had Covid a few times, both before and after having been vaxxed and boosted.

Maybe it was transient (I opted for meds rather than fuck around, which have a delightful calming side effect). Or maybe I'd have had a fucking stroke. I'd never have known except for a chance decision to play with a family member's BP cuff.

You gotta get lucky in life. In so many ways. And maybe you also have to avoid Covid?
I think I'm probably 10 years older than most of you (except Icky). Shit gets real.

So I go in for my physical last year. I'm 64 and run 4.5 miles each day. Everyone I used to run with has stopped. I am a Unicorn, and when I do run a road race (seldom) I'll be 12th in my age group, so I'm not saying NO ONE runs at my age, just I do not know them.

My old primary care doc retired. I seeing my new one last year. Results come in- PERFECT- highest "good" cholesterol she has seen, same with testosterone!

BUT my PSA is too high. In 2022 it was 2.7, and the "high normal" range was 4.0- 2.7 was great! In 2023 it was 2.7 but the associated hospital got bought by a very $$$$ driven chain. The fucks lower high normal to 2.5, so now I am high. The doc says I should see a urologist. I argue they just changed the range. But eventually I see one- Prostrate ultrasound (fun!) that shows it is big but otherwise fine.

But he also ran pee tests, which I fail badly. I've retained urine for at least a decade. I have to pee frequently, but I wasn't worried. I can live with it. But em wants to a surgery where he will shave my prostrate. I'm like how soon can I run again? 6 weeks. I tell him no way- my body has a lot of systems and I'm not risking the others by stopping running. He says after 6 weeks I can get back to it. I tell him, it is amazing I still run every day. I am not at all sure I can start up again after 6 weeks.

So the fuck convinces my to do self catheter, meaning you stick a piece of plastic up your pee hole to drain your bladder. He is hocking on me to do it 4 times a day. I can do it once, but if I do it a second time I bleed for a day.

It does feel good to be empty, but not at the price of my dick becoming a bloody wound.

Now he is on me to do this less intrusive operation that will fix it and with only 1 day recovery. Why not lead with that one? The whole thing has the feel of churning my bladder.

And it is all going on because the fucking chain fixed the numbers to drive men to urologists. I did not go see him for peeing, but now I am.

As medical chains go harder for the $$$$ I am sure we will have to tell docs "no thanks" more and more often, and know when to do so.

Have a nice day!
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #2507
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I don't pretend to be informed enough to have opinions about religions (especially as a heathen unbeliever), but I do think that certain adherents to Judaism do seek sovereignty over certain bits of land on the basis of their religion, which has been a direct obstacle to a two state solution.
They're not hiding it.
'We must settle Gaza now': Netanyahu ministers join Israelis marching to Gaza, demand Palestinians' transfer

Thousands of Israelis joined an Independence Day march on Tuesday in southern Israel, led by far-right Jewish activists advocating for resettling the Gaza Strip and facilitating the emigration of Palestinians from Gaza.

Communication Minister Shlomo Karhi, of Netanyahu's Likud party, said: "In order to preserve the security achievements that our soldiers lost their lives for, we must resettle Gaza with security forces and settlers that will embrace the land with love." He added that "this is the only true way, to make the Hamas Nazis pay a price and to defend our nation and country."

National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir also spoke at the march, and said that what the protesters are calling for is the "true solution."

"First," he said, "we must return to Gaza now! We are coming home! To the holy land! And second," he continued, "we must encourage emigration. Encourage the voluntary emigration of the residents of Gaza. It is moral!"
And "voluntary emigration," sure.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #2508
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
So I go in for my physical last year. I'm 64 and run 4.5 miles each day. Everyone I used to run with has stopped. I am a Unicorn, and when I do run a road race (seldom) I'll be 12th in my age group, so I'm not saying NO ONE runs at my age, just I do not know them.
I so miss running. My wife convinced me to stop because the heel pain was just worse and worse. I was worried that I'd fuck myself up so I could walk like I want to.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #2509
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
(1) If you going to argue that there is something unique about radical Islam that causes depravity, then you have to ignore all of the depravity connected with other religions (Sri Lanka, Rwanda, and so, so much more) or with nonreligious Christian societies (the Holocaust). Without minimizing the awful things done in the name of radical Islam, you can't make a case that it is uniquely inhumane.

(2) We all agree that Hamas is bad. Beating this dead horse sounds like a form of evasion.

(3) I do not think Israel "is trying to do the right thing" in Rafah, nor it seems do most Israelis.
1. I don't think it's uniquely inhumane. Christianity still has a lot more blood on its hands. Islam, however, has the edict within it that all the world must be Muslim. Moderate Muslims of course ignore that, just as Christians and Jews ignore a lot of bizarre directives of their faiths. But within Islam, unlike Christianity and Judaism, where violent attacks on others are a perversion of the faith, within Islam there is a stated goal of world control, by violent conquest if necessary.

The Koran is pretty explicit about it. I think radical Islamists' reading of the Koran is akin to, say, radical Jews deciding to take Leviticus seriously. You get some really batshit behaviors. Most of them atrocious.

3. Israel tries at first to do the right thing in all instances. Now, it is arguable they may be going further than is necessary. I can't say for sure, but I can see the argument.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #2510
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I don't pretend to be informed enough to have opinions about religions (especially as a heathen unbeliever), but I do think that certain adherents to Judaism do seek sovereignty over certain bits of land on the basis of their religion, which has been a direct obstacle to a two state solution.
The Settlers are degenerate maniacs. Psychotic fundamentalists. They're despicable and I can't wrap my head around how normal Israelis can tolerate these people sharing their air. Netanyahu's embrace of them is like the GOP embracing the alt right here, but even worse. The alt right here are all talk. The Settlers are all action, and they're racist as all fuck - prime examples of the bigots who think they're superior cited in Harari's piece.

The Settlers deserve every awful thing they get, and then some.
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #2511
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I think I'm probably 10 years older than most of you (except Icky). Shit gets real.

My old primary care doc retired. I seeing my new one last year. Results come in- PERFECT- highest "good" cholesterol she has seen, same with testosterone!

BUT my PSA is too high. In 2022 it was 2.7, and the "high normal" range was 4.0- 2.7 was great! In 2023 it was 2.7 but the associated hospital got bought by a very $$$$ driven chain. The fucks lower high normal to 2.5, so now I am high. The doc says I should see a urologist. I argue they just changed the range. But eventually I see one- Prostrate ultrasound (fun!) that shows it is big but otherwise fine.

But he also ran pee tests, which I fail badly. I've retained urine for at least a decade. I have to pee frequently, but I wasn't worried. I can live with it. But em wants to a surgery where he will shave my prostrate. I'm like how soon can I run again? 6 weeks. I tell him no way- my body has a lot of systems and I'm not risking the others by stopping running. He says after 6 weeks I can get back to it. I tell him, it is amazing I still run every day. I am not at all sure I can start up again after 6 weeks.

So the fuck convinces my to do self catheter, meaning you stick a piece of plastic up your pee hole to drain your bladder. He is hocking on me to do it 4 times a day. I can do it once, but if I do it a second time I bleed for a day.

It does feel good to be empty, but not at the price of my dick becoming a bloody wound.

Now he is on me to do this less intrusive operation that will fix it and with only 1 day recovery. Why not lead with that one? The whole thing has the feel of churning my bladder.

And it is all going on because the fucking chain fixed the numbers to drive men to urologists. I did not go see him for peeing, but now I am.

As medical chains go harder for the $$$$ I am sure we will have to tell docs "no thanks" more and more often, and know when to do so.

Have a nice day!
Well, I thank you very much for making me feel a hell of a lot better about my little situation.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #2512
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
3. Israel tries at first to do the right thing in all instances. Now, it is arguable they may be going further than is necessary. I can't say for sure, but I can see the argument.
I saw this Hallmark card too -- it was in the supermarket, in the "Middle East Conflict" cards, to the right of "Birthdays" and "Anniversaries."
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #2513
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Well, I thank you very much for making me feel a hell of a lot better about my little situation.
Not my intent. i wished I had told my PCP "I'm not going." At a minimum we cannot blindly trust a doc.

As Gang of Four predicted in 1979's Return the Gift:

It's on the market
You're on the price list
It's on the market
You're on the price list
It's on the market
You're on the price list

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; Yesterday at 08:31 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote