LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 160
1 members and 159 guests
Adder
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #4441
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Ask why someone who helped you with your last car is your salesman for life. Let them know if that's their policy, it makes no sense and if there is credit to be given it should be given to the excellent salesman you had been working with. Not sure why he'd get fired for you saying that. At the very least, credit should be split. If you don't like the explanation tell them you'll just go to another dealer.

TM
I know, but something in Joe's eyes was like, this sucks and I can't survive it. I would walk in a second, but I can't make him a hero. But yeah it sucked.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #4442
Hank Chinaski

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I know, but something in Joe's eyes was like, this sucks and I can't survive it. I would walk in a second, but I can't make him a hero. But yeah it sucked.
What I thought about doing is saying I was not quite ready to close to Bob. Then calling Joe and asking him if he wanted me to play it the other way. I mean I had a friend who sold for a bit- they have a quota that is high- would 1 car be enough for him to want to weather whatever shit might flow? (and i know this is sounding like "how hard is my life" but I acknowledged that).

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 12-12-2018 at 06:58 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #4443
Icky Thump

Re: What to do about inequality?

Quote:
Honest question to all, do any of us actually know poor people to the extent of knowing their spending habits? Any middle class? Not talking about the secretary you talk to 15 minutes, actual familiarity with their lives. Curious not being argumentative.
I grew up in the projects and go back for an annual picnic so, um, yes. My car was a bus until I was 30.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #4444
Icky Thump

Quote:
I hate driving, but not going to the Nat Parks with the kids is a big regret. As Thurgreed was quick to point out I did fly the fam* to Beijing for the Olympics.

*he was polite enough not to mention it was Business Class.
I did Grand Canyon. Friend of mine did a ton of them in a mad national park binge this summer. I am trying to talk the wife into doing one similar binge this summer. Either that or getting to the 10 MLB parks I haven't been to.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #4445
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
I did Grand Canyon. Friend of mine did a ton of them in a mad national park binge this summer. I am trying to talk the wife into doing one similar binge this summer. Either that or getting to the 10 MLB parks I haven't been to.
If you get to Comerica I’ll buy you a drink and explain why you shouldn’t consider it a real park. Miss real Tiger stadium.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #4446
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
I keep looking for the like button
Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #4447
Icky Thump

Quote:
If you get to Comerica I’ll buy you a drink and explain why you shouldn’t consider it a real park. Miss real Tiger stadium.
Did Comerica years ago. The season they first banned Charlie from singing opera. Wholeheartedly agree. Bland ballpark with nothing to it. Tiger stadium better.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #4448
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Did Comerica years ago. The season they first banned Charlie from singing opera. Wholeheartedly agree. Bland ballpark with nothing to it. Tiger stadium better.
It would be neat to see you rank the ones you've seen.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 12-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #4449
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
It would be neat to see you rank the ones you've seen.
I will leave out my "home" ballpark, Citi
PNC
Camden
Philly
Miller Park
Wrigley
Fenway
AT&T
Houston
Texas
Coors
Comerica
AZ
US Cellular
Yankee
LA Angels
LA Dodgers
Oakland
Tampa

ETA -- made a mistake or two in ordering originally.

Last edited by Icky Thump; 12-13-2018 at 06:27 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #4450
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
I will leave out my "home" ballpark, Citi
PNC
Camden
Philly
Miller Park
Wrigley
Fenway
AT&T
Houston
Texas
Coors
Comerica
AZ
US Cellular
Yankee
LA Angels
LA Dodgers
Oakland
Tampa

ETA -- made a mistake or two in ordering originally.
I haven't been to most of them, but I'm surprised that AT&T Park falls so low on your list.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 12-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #4451
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I haven't been to most of them, but I'm surprised that AT&T Park falls so low on your list.
It is only behind great new and the two oldest classics.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #4452
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
It is only behind great new and the two oldest classics.
PNC is wonderful until you want a drink and you don’t drink beer. Never been to Fenway but I’d put it tied with Wrigley, maybe out of Tiger Stadium nostalgia? I’d also move Yankee up if you can discount what they did with the seats behind home. Of course as a Tigers’ fan I was happy with being in a 50% Tigers’ section behind home for several playoff games. Thurgreed, are those seats all still corporate/half empty? I can’t help but think it hurts the team.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #4453
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
PNC is wonderful until you want a drink and you don’t drink beer. Never been to Fenway but I’d put it tied with Wrigley, maybe out of Tiger Stadium nostalgia? I’d also move Yankee up if you can discount what they did with the seats behind home. Of course as a Tigers’ fan I was happy with being in a 50% Tigers’ section behind home for several playoff games. Thurgreed, are those seats all still corporate/half empty? I can’t help but think it hurts the team.
They've done a great job with Fenway, expanding it with a bit of style while keeping most of the old classic feel, but at some point we're going to realize that if we had a park with twice as many seats it wouldn't be necessary to charge two left nuts to get an obstructed view seat. I mean, it's a great park for those of us who are willing to shell out a grand or two for the experience.

But we've lost the old feel of the bleachers, where every 18 year old from Southie could get some sun and suds for $1.50 entrance and $1 a cup back in the day. I remember being 23 in Boston living on shit wages and calling around to get a dozen of us to cut work and head to the park on a summer afternoon - good times! Doesn't happen now.

My platform, if elected, will be to bring baseball back to the people. Bleachers Creatures 4 evah!

Last edited by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy; 12-14-2018 at 09:48 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #4454
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
They've done a great job with Fenway, expanding it with a bit of style while keeping most of the old classic feel, but at some point we're going to realize that if we had a park with twice as many seats it wouldn't be necessary to charge two left nuts to get an obstructed view seat. I mean, it's a great park for those of us who are willing to shell out a grand or two for the experience.

But we've lost the old feel of the bleachers, where every 18 year old from Southie could get some sun and suds for $1.50 entrance and $1 a cup back in the day. I remember being 23 in Boston living on shit wages and calling around to get a dozen of us to cut work and head to the park on a summer afternoon - good times! Doesn't happen now.

My platform, if elected, will be to bring baseball back to the people. Bleachers Creatures 4 evah!
Pretty sure no new stadium/park has ever opened with lower ticket prices than the old one.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #4455
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Pretty sure no new stadium/park has ever opened with lower ticket prices than the old one.
It would happen quickly at Fenway because we just have a really severe supply/demand imbalance.

Tomorrow is the day the regular ticket sales open for the season, and they will all be gone by noon. After that, you won't get a ticket without paying at least a couple hundred for a bleachers seat, unless the team shits the bed by July, in which case prices will go down. And good seats for a Yankees game? $2000 per ticket, easy.

If you can get seats in the scramble tomorrow, do. You'll be able to resell at a markup immediately.