LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 323
0 members and 323 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #1891
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

So anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by Shape Shifter
I thought that show that never ends song was cool when I was 12 or 13. Not as cool as Billy Thorpe's "Children of the Sun," but still cool.
Whoops. I read this and thought "Seasons in the Sun." A cool song that no one would ever tire of.

eta that I had no idea Nirvana covered Seasons in the Sun. Go figure. Apparently it was the first single Kurt Cobain ever bought.

Last edited by greatwhitenorthchick; 07-21-2005 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #1892
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

So anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by greatwhitenorthchick
Whoops. I read this and thought "Seasons in the Sun." A cool song that no one would ever tire of.
That and "Chevy Van." I may have to revise my list.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #1893
Alex_de_Large
halfsharkalligatorhalfmod

For SD

Quote:
Originally posted by taxwonk
Will a high score get me out of Mensa?
Translation: I complete the on-line test on Mensa's website once a week.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #1894
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

For SD

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Fred Muggs
As if
Mensa is definitely one of those "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member" organizations. Unlike you, I qualify. Also unlike you, I don't break out in tears every time I think back on my letter (written in purple crayon) seeking admission.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #1895
Alex_de_Large

So anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by bold_n_brazen
That is one ugly shirt.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #1896
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

So anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex_de_Large
Who would have thought this would have broken the board worse than the dolphin image could?

TM
Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 PM   #1897
Mister_Ruysbroeck
Retired

For SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex_de_Large
Translation: I complete the on-line test on Mensa's website once a week.
How do you know they have an on-line test?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #1898
Gattigap
Southern charmer

"Destroy My House."

Ever wonder how reality TV shows manage to completely demolish a home and rebuild it into both beautiful and functional form within 60 mins or less?

So do the people who have to live in them afterwards.
  • When a reality-show television producer says “Trust me,” run.

That’s the lesson Gary and Sharon Rosier of Lemont Township say they learned when Fox Broadcasting’s “Renovate My Family” promised them a new and improved home designed to accommodate their recently paralyzed son, Steven.

Instead of a handicapped-friendly home that made their life easier, they got a shoddy wreck of a house that latest estimates say will cost $350,000 to fix, the Rosiers’ attorney, Mark Belongia, said.

“Essentially what they did is build a movie set,” Belongia said.

Wiring remains exposed; door knobs are round, impossible for Steven to grasp; a dryer is vented into the home rather than out of it; smoke detectors don’t work; plywood covers basement windows; siding and plumbing was improperly installed; the furnace has no foundation and is stuffed in a crawl space and sod was installed directly over limestone paving, Belongia said.

“They didn’t care (that it was impossible for the grass to live). All they needed was for it to be green for the episode they shot of the people coming home,” said Belongia, who filed suit on behalf of the family Wednesday in Cook County Chancery Court.

Hollywood can build realistic sets with the best of them, but as we well know, the difference is that the sets are usually - within a couple of hours of completion - incinerated by invading robots, not actually lived in. Caveat emptor.

Gattigap
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #1899
Alex_de_Large

For SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mister_Ruysbroeck
How do you know they have an on-line test?
Do they even have a website?

ETA: they do indeed have an on-line test.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:27 PM   #1900
Gattigap
Southern charmer

Hank, your casting call is here

It's many moons in between these opportunities, so we've got to jump on them when they arrive:
  • Pirates Of The Caribbean III will begin production August 2005 and shoot thru the middle of next year.
    We are holding an open casting call for extras on Saturday, July 30th 2005.

11:00am to 3:00pm
    The Ricardo Montalban Theatre
    formerly The Doolittle Theater
    1615 North Vine Street
    Los Angeles, Ca 90028

Please call (818) 725-2905 for daily updates or keep checking this website.

We are currently ONLY looking for the following types.

Pirates:
    Extreme characters and hideously unattractive types, ages 18-50. Odd body shapes or very lean to extremely skinny. Missing teeth, wandering eyes and serial killer looks with real long hair & beards. Wigs & makeup are not what we're looking for. We also need little people, very large sumo wrestler types, extremely tall or extremely short people, albinos, amputees. Any size or shape that is NOT average is best. All ethnicities. Mostly men, very few women.

TM, please send me the contact info of your midget. I need the commission.

Gattigap
Old 07-21-2005, 09:10 PM   #1901
Pretty Little Flower

Mainstream

I heard Weezer's song about the sweater, which might even be called The Sweater Song, today on the radio. And you know what? I like that song. That's right. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Why should I be ashamed to admit that I like this catchy little pop-rock tune? I know this confession will be met with derision by the Str8-types of the Lawtalkers Fashion Tips Chatting Board for Lawyers, who cannot be bothered to even read the review of a song unless it is some white label mash up of an obscure electronica-Bhangra fusion and an alienating underground hip hop cut (the Danger Mouse re-mix). But some of us just like music that makes us feel good when we listen to it, regardless of how "hipster" or "cool" it may make us look when it flashes across our iPod display.

I am not sorry.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 AM   #1902
str8outavannuys
I am beyond a rank!

Mainstream

Quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Little Flower
I heard Weezer's song about the sweater, which might even be called The Sweater Song, today on the radio. And you know what? I like that song. That's right. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Why should I be ashamed to admit that I like this catchy little pop-rock tune? I know this confession will be met with derision by the Str8-types of the Lawtalkers Fashion Tips Chatting Board for Lawyers, who cannot be bothered to even read the review of a song unless it is some white label mash up of an obscure electronica-Bhangra fusion and an alienating underground hip hop cut (the Danger Mouse re-mix). But some of us just like music that makes us feel good when we listen to it, regardless of how "hipster" or "cool" it may make us look when it flashes across our iPod display.
The bass player from Weezer was at my in-laws' Thanksgiving dinner last year. You'll get no guff from me on this one. Pinkerton uber alles.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #1903
mmm3587
Fast left eighty slippy

Mainstream

Quote:
Originally posted by str8outavannuys
The bass player from Weezer was at my in-laws' Thanksgiving dinner last year. You'll get no guff from me on this one. Pinkerton uber alles.
Really? What industry are you in? You are in some boring practice where you never interact with famous people, right? That is quite a coincidence that this is the first time you met or heard of some people you know meeting someone famous. Hey, are you in an area where there are a lot of famous people? Also, what about poker? Do you play it?
"I say that nobody here , other than yourself and possibly Sidd, would masturbate to thoughts even remotely associated with you, because you come across like someone who is generally ignored in real life, yet feels that he shouldn't be because of his obvious way with words,overall sense of fun, enlightened attitude, and vigorous driving skills."
Old 07-22-2005, 02:16 AM   #1904
str8outavannuys
I am beyond a rank!

Mainstream

Quote:
Originally posted by mmm3587
Really? What industry are you in? You are in some boring practice where you never interact with famous people, right? That is quite a coincidence that this is the first time you met or heard of some people you know meeting someone famous. Hey, are you in an area where there are a lot of famous people? Also, what about poker? Do you play it?
This has been done before, but better.

And if anyone cares, I put a big bet on Hustle & Flow to go over $10.5M this weekend, but now I'm freaking out about it. Play the opposite at your own risk.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #1905
Pretty Little Flower

Mainstream

Quote:
Originally posted by str8outavannuys
Fuck, Str8, have you no dignity? Cuomo's Crimson!

I am not sorry.
Closed Thread