LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 93
0 members and 93 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:01 PM   #691
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky

It just didn't occur to me that some people on this board (Fringy and Sebastian) would be too stupid to understand why that statement was most probably an error on the reporter's part.
I am never surprised at how low the lowest common denominator is able to sink here. Spank, best to downgrade your expectations a few notches and then take another 50% off that.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #692
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally posted by baltassoc

I know some (including one in particular whose job it was to teach me and the rest of my fellow students about human reproduction) who are scary ignorant.
Translation: My neck is still sore from RT having to pull my head to the right spots over and over.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 08-24-2005 at 03:07 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:07 PM   #693
Gattigap
Southern charmer

Quote:
Was the powder called Lidocaine? Or has my mind gone to mush?
Iocaine, I think.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #694
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
I agree this a problem, and agree it's due in large part to denial, and agree it is tragic.

But I'm being completely, totally fucking serious when I say that you are overestimating the level of knowledge of sex possessed by many (not necessarilly most, but too many) public school educators.

I know lots of great, hardworking, smart, underappriciated teachers. And I know some (including one in particular whose job it was to teach me and the rest of my fellow students about human reproduction) who are scary ignorant.
So ignorant that they did not know that sex without contraception can lead to pregnancy?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #695
robustpuppy

Quote:
I agree this a problem, and agree it's due in large part to denial, and agree it is tragic.

But I'm being completely, totally fucking serious when I say that you are overestimating the level of knowledge of sex possessed by many (not necessarilly most, but too many) public school educators.

I know lots of great, hardworking, smart, underappriciated teachers. And I know some (including one in particular whose job it was to teach me and the rest of my fellow students about human reproduction) who are scary ignorant.
Too true. You know, I got a 99 in Human Sexuality in high school (even though I was a virgin at the time), and here I am, years later, knocked up!

Damned public school education.

(And that was back when teachers weren't required to pretend kids didn't have sex, but were actually permitted to show you a condom, and a diaphragm, and a pack of bcps, and tell you what to do with them -- which was not, by the way "throw them in the fire and resolve not to use them, for if you do, you will burn in the eternal fires of non-secular damnation!")

Last edited by robustpuppy; 08-24-2005 at 03:17 PM..
robustpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #696
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
So ignorant that they did not know that sex without contraception can lead to pregnancy?
Ix-nay spank, you'll screw up Rt's mantrapping scheme right at the get-go.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #697
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
It so important for you guys to get your barbs in you can't see the obvious. The reason why there are so many girls getting pregnant is because they are all having sex without contraception. That is the answer to that question. There is a more complicated question of why so many of these girls are having sex, and when the are having sex, why they are not using contraception. But that is the answer to a different question.

The Article said:
'School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies."

School officials know exactly why there are so many pregnancies.

What the article should have said was: They are not sure why so many girls are having sex without contraception.

I was just pointing out the humor in the fact that the reporter made the wrong statment and it made the school officials look really stupid. Kind of like Jay Leno does with screwed up newspaper headlines on his show.

It just didn't occur to me that some people on this board (Fringy and Sebastian) would be too stupid to understand why that statement was most probably an error on the reporter's part.

If your self esteem is so low that they only way you guys make yourselves feel better is to randomly assign positions and statements to people who do not hold them or make them, and then critisize those positions or statements, it may be time for some professional help.
If I don't get get out my barbs at least five times a week, I get "blue brain." My head swells and its so sore, and I can't think of anything else until I spew out all those built up barbs.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #698
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
Too true. You know, I got a 99 in Human Sexuality in high school (even though I was a virgin at the time), and here I am, years later, knocked up!

Damned public school education.

(And that was back when teachers weren't required to pretend kids didn't have sex, but were actually permitted to show you a condom, and a diaphragm, and a pack of bcps, and tell you what to do with them -- which was not, by the way "throw them in the fire and resolve not to use them, for if you do, you will burn in the eternal fires of non-secular damnation!")
I went to private school. I didn’t know I could get crabs from a toilet seat until I was 27. Deplorable.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #699
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Which is exactly why children should be taught about anal as soon as practicable.

Children need to know there are alternative healthy outlets away from unprotected sex.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #700
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Quote:
It so important for you guys to get your barbs in you can't see the obvious. The reason why there are so many girls getting pregnant is because they are all having sex without contraception. That is the answer to that question. There is a more complicated question of why so many of these girls are having sex, and when the are having sex, why they are not using contraception. But that is the answer to a different question.

The Article said:
'School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies."

School officials know exactly why there are so many pregnancies.

What the article should have said was: They are not sure why so many girls are having sex without contraception.

I was just pointing out the humor in the fact that the reporter made the wrong statment and it made the school officials look really stupid. Kind of like Jay Leno does with screwed up newspaper headlines on his show.

If your self esteem is so low that they only way you guys make yourselves feel better is to randomly assign positions and statements to people who do not hold them or make them, and then critisize those positions or statements, it may be time for some professional help.
You've been around this long and you're just beginning to figure this out?

It's all about the easy barbs.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:39 PM   #701
NotFromHere
No title

Quote:
Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
Which is exactly why children should be taught about anal as soon as practicable.
Or oral. You always forget the oral.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #702
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
I am never surprised at how low the lowest common denominator is able to sink here. Spank, best to downgrade your expectations a few notches and then take another 50% off that.
This from a poster with a slugging percentage comparable to what Stevie Wonder might average in a game of whiffle ball.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #703
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
It still won't prepare him for most of your drivel. And I mena that in the most loving (platonically speaking) way, man. sts, iyw, nttawwt
Old 08-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #704
Spanky
For what it's worth

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by taxwonk
It still won't prepare him for most of your drivel. And I mena that in the most loving (platonically speaking) way, man. sts, iyw, nttawwt
sts, iyw, nttawwt: What the hell are these abreviations for?
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #705
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Quote:
Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
I went to private school. I didn’t know I could get crabs from a toilet seat until I was 27. Deplorable.
You can get all kinds of nasty shit from a toilet seat. So stop turning tricks in the Men's can at the bus station.