LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 108
0 members and 108 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2022, 02:25 PM   #316
sebastian_dangerfield
Moderator
 
sebastian_dangerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Monty Capuletti's gazebo
Posts: 25,739
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
There is the same way as in the beginning, not sharing indoor air with other people.
This strain appears remarkably easy to catch and transmit. Even those obsessive about masking seem to be acquiring it.

But yes, part of its spread accrues from people not fearing it and being compelled to share indoor air.
__________________
All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
sebastian_dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:31 PM   #317
sebastian_dangerfield
Moderator
 
sebastian_dangerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Monty Capuletti's gazebo
Posts: 25,739
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Everyone I know who tested positive recently, was allegedly asymptomatic, but tested for travel or for family get togethers or other reasons. All vaxed, boosted, etc.
Everyone I know is vaxxed and boosted. I'm guessing the asymptomatic #s are huge as no one can get tests here. The people I know coming down with it get something akin to a cold. Runny nose, sinus headache, achy, malaise. But it's rather quick.

I might've had it a couple weeks ago, before I was boosted. I felt like ass and had a headache for a few days. But there's no way to know. I tried to buy a test recently and the cashier's sarcastic response was, "Yeah, we sell them. And we're out."

ETA: The anti-vaxxers, OTOH, aren't having such a good go of things. Not unpredictably, they're taking up all the beds in local hospitals. And yes, those doing worst among them are... (wait for it)... the obese. Shocking.
__________________
All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 01-10-2022 at 02:34 PM..
sebastian_dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:52 AM   #318
Did you just call me Coltrane?
Registered User
 
Did you just call me Coltrane?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Throwing a kettle over a pub
Posts: 14,628
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Everyone I know is vaxxed and boosted. I'm guessing the asymptomatic #s are huge as no one can get tests here. The people I know coming down with it get something akin to a cold. Runny nose, sinus headache, achy, malaise. But it's rather quick.

I might've had it a couple weeks ago, before I was boosted. I felt like ass and had a headache for a few days. But there's no way to know. I tried to buy a test recently and the cashier's sarcastic response was, "Yeah, we sell them. And we're out."

ETA: The anti-vaxxers, OTOH, aren't having such a good go of things. Not unpredictably, they're taking up all the beds in local hospitals. And yes, those doing worst among them are... (wait for it)... the obese. Shocking.
I now know more people who have had it then haven't (all vaxxed/boosted). it has been very mild for those people (which I know I'm not allowed to say).
__________________
No no no, that's not gonna help. That's not gonna help and I'll tell you why: It doesn't unbang your Mom.
Did you just call me Coltrane? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #319
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 85,714
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
I now know more people who have had it then haven't (all vaxxed/boosted). it has been very mild for those people (which I know I'm not allowed to say).
Why can't you say it?
__________________
I will not suffer a fool- but I do seem to read a lot of their posts
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:23 PM   #320
Pretty Little Flower
Moderator
 
Pretty Little Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Flower
Posts: 8,337
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Why can't you say it?
I think he thinks it is unwoke to say that Omicron is mild for the vaxxed because then the kids won’t take any precautions and they will go to raves where Covid particles are blown out of smoke machines, and do hits of Covid through shared bongs. But the fact remains that it appears to mainly be mild for the vaxxed. (I’ve heard that a bong hit of Covid produces a nice energetic body high, kind of like a good Sativa but with the added benefit that it makes you less able to smell your fellow rave-goers.)
__________________
Inside every man lives the seed of a flower.
If he looks within he finds beauty and power.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:47 PM   #321
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 85,714
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I think he thinks it is unwoke to say that Omicron is mild for the vaxxed because then the kids won’t take any precautions and they will go to raves where Covid particles are blown out of smoke machines, and do hits of Covid through shared bongs. But the fact remains that it appears to mainly be mild for the vaxxed. (I’ve heard that a bong hit of Covid produces a nice energetic body high, kind of like a good Sativa but with the added benefit that it makes you less able to smell your fellow rave-goers.)
Coltrane isn’t woke. Don’t you remember he said that police shouldn’t be prosecuted even if they intentionally kill poor people of color, because police are too important? That doesn’t seem very woke to me.

But wait, I think he also said If a kid is shooting up a school we shouldn’t send armed police. He thought we should send an unarmed social worker, I mean at least when the shooter is a white kid. That sounds sort of woke, doesn’t it?

Do you got a tie- breaker?
__________________
I will not suffer a fool- but I do seem to read a lot of their posts
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:32 PM   #322
Adder
I am beyond a rank!
 
Adder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 16,985
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Kid got her first exposure notice from her preschool and her second jab on the same day yesterday. Negative rapid antigen test, but feels crappy day after the shot. Hopefully its just that, but preschool is closed for a week.
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:49 PM   #323
Did you just call me Coltrane?
Registered User
 
Did you just call me Coltrane?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Throwing a kettle over a pub
Posts: 14,628
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I think he thinks it is unwoke to say that Omicron is mild for the vaxxed because then the kids won’t take any precautions and they will go to raves where Covid particles are blown out of smoke machines, and do hits of Covid through shared bongs. But the fact remains that it appears to mainly be mild for the vaxxed. (I’ve heard that a bong hit of Covid produces a nice energetic body high, kind of like a good Sativa but with the added benefit that it makes you less able to smell your fellow rave-goers.)
This is, word for word, exactly right.
__________________
No no no, that's not gonna help. That's not gonna help and I'll tell you why: It doesn't unbang your Mom.
Did you just call me Coltrane? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #324
Did you just call me Coltrane?
Registered User
 
Did you just call me Coltrane?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Throwing a kettle over a pub
Posts: 14,628
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Coltrane isn’t woke. Don’t you remember he said that police shouldn’t be prosecuted even if they intentionally kill poor people of color, because police are too important? That doesn’t seem very woke to me.

But wait, I think he also said If a kid is shooting up a school we shouldn’t send armed police. He thought we should send an unarmed social worker, I mean at least when the shooter is a white kid. That sounds sort of woke, doesn’t it?

Do you got a tie- breaker?
The social worker should have arms. I am pro limbs.
__________________
No no no, that's not gonna help. That's not gonna help and I'll tell you why: It doesn't unbang your Mom.
Did you just call me Coltrane? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #325
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 32,566
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
The social worker should have arms. I am pro limbs.
Is it OK if the social is wearing short sleeves? How do you feel about baring arms?
__________________
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:32 PM   #326
Pretty Little Flower
Moderator
 
Pretty Little Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Flower
Posts: 8,337
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Is it OK if the social is wearing short sleeves? How do you feel about baring arms?
New Board Motto: “Mostly Dad Jokes”
__________________
Inside every man lives the seed of a flower.
If he looks within he finds beauty and power.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #327
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 32,566
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Can't believe Twitter doesn't charge for this.



__________________
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #328
LessinSF
Wearing the cranky pants
 
LessinSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pulling your finger
Posts: 7,006
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I think he thinks it is unwoke to say that Omicron is mild for the vaxxed because then the kids won’t take any precautions and they will go to raves where Covid particles are blown out of smoke machines, and do hits of Covid through shared bongs. But the fact remains that it appears to mainly be mild for the vaxxed. (I’ve heard that a bong hit of Covid produces a nice energetic body high, kind of like a good Sativa but with the added benefit that it makes you less able to smell your fellow rave-goers.)
Did y'all see how super-woke Justice Sotomayor was, making up 95,000 children with COVID, so many on ventilators, and shit?
__________________
Boogers!
LessinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:34 PM   #329
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Registered User
 
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Government Yard in Trenchtown
Posts: 19,933
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
Did y'all see how super-woke Justice Sotomayor was, making up 95,000 children with COVID, so many on ventilators, and shit?
Both she and Gorsuch missed key facts.

The problem is endemic with lawyers as a whole, we are accustomed to getting our argument based on our client's interest and making the facts conform, which is exactly the wrong way to do this. Facts matter.

I think we ought to get some non-lawyers on the court, people who know how to reason instead of argue. If he weren't so old, I'd suggest Fauci.
__________________
A wee dram a day!
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #330
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 32,566
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Both she and Gorsuch missed key facts.

The problem is endemic with lawyers as a whole, we are accustomed to getting our argument based on our client's interest and making the facts conform, which is exactly the wrong way to do this. Facts matter.

I think we ought to get some non-lawyers on the court, people who know how to reason instead of argue. If he weren't so old, I'd suggest Fauci.
People can disagree, I suppose, about the wisdom of the regulation in question, but it really isn't what the the Supreme Court should be deciding. As an exercise in statutory construction, it would have been an easy case except that that the conservative movement has made vaccines a hot-button issue. Conservatives who had no problems with vaccination requirements a few years ago have discovered lately that staking out the opposite position is a matter of vital principle. And so the conservatives on the Court were motivated, or obliged, or both, to construct a completely ridiculous construction of a decades-old statute. Everyone on the Court knows how to reason. That's not the problem.
__________________
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.