LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 241
0 members and 241 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #106
rugger1979
No Rank For You!

pepper

Anyone know Pepper Hamilton's reputation? QOL? Any info that you cannot get on website or NALP is much appreciated
rugger1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #107
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

pepper

Quote:
Originally posted by rugger1979
Anyone know Pepper Hamilton's reputation? QOL? Any info that you cannot get on website or NALP is much appreciated
I've dealt with attorneys from Pepper Hamilton's Philadelhpia and Wilmington offices. They have always been professional, courteous and competent. I never heard complaints about the firm from them. Of course, such things can be driven as much by the particular partner / group to which one is assigned as to firm culture.

Sorry I don't have more information; it's all I've got.
baltassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #108
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

Hangley under "attack"

There's a report on the "other" board that Hangley Aronchick is the victim of a phantom defecator. Apparently someone crapped in their hallway, but none yet knows who it is. This is one of the funniest things I've heard about in the Mid Atlantic legal community in years.

Anyone have any information?
baltassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #109
Alex_de_Large
halfsharkalligatorhalfmod

Hangley under "attack"

Quote:
Originally posted by baltassoc
This is one of the funniest things I've heard about in the Mid Atlantic legal community in years.
Concur. That fucking rocks!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #110
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

Hangley under "attack"

Quote:
Originally posted by baltassoc
There's a report on the "other" board that Hangley Aronchick is the victim of a phantom defecator. Apparently someone crapped in their hallway, but none yet knows who it is. This is one of the funniest things I've heard about in the Mid Atlantic legal community in years.

Anyone have any information?
My firm also had a "phantom defacator". Anyone else?

I always wondered about the logistics. Would the PD actually squat there to leave em's mark? Or would they squat elsewhere, collect and distribute? Or do they have a dog and prefer to get rid of the waste at the office?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #111
Freakin' NA
No Rank For You!

Phantom Defacators

I was with one firm in Tampa that had one.
It turned out to be one of the oldest name partners in the firm that had drop one - the guy was becoming incontinent and dropped his load before making it to the bathroom.
The housekeeping staff walked out the second time and they tried to have the mailroom staff clean it up and they also refused. The building maintenance crew had to pick it up.
The best part was that the rugs had been laid down over the weekend and the 1st incident happened first thing Monday morning before everyone else came in and the Firm Administrator went ballistic and even offered a reward after the 1st incident.
He was caught the second time that same week (the day of the office party) 'cause he used his key card and was the only one in that early..
It just kinda died down Real Quick - and "swept under the rug" LOL - but I heard that the MIS guys tried to claim the reward cause they tracked it down using the sytem..
Freakin' NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #112
str8outavannuys
I am beyond a rank!

Sting Tickets

I've got Sting/Annie Lennox tickets for sale in Camden, NJ, and Pittsburgh, PA if anyone's interested. Face Value. Otherwise, I'll put them on eBay. Just send me a pm and let me know.
str8outavannuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:18 AM   #113
Alex_de_Large

Wolf Block focuses on Israeli clients

Wolf Block recently participated in a multi-day conference in Tel Aviv led by partner David Gitlin, who is chairman of the corporate/securities practice group and a member of the Israel bar.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #114
SockofAges
No Rank For You!

New Jersey Office of LeBoeuf

...is closing down. The announcement was made to the associates and staff in person by the New York office management on April 1. Unfortunately, it was not an April Fool's day joke. Apparently, all associates were offered the opportunity to go to the NY office and same with staff except they were also offered a "package" if they preferred that.

Merged into main thread by baltassoc.

Last edited by baltassoc; 04-05-2004 at 04:03 PM..
SockofAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #115
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone

Question for the Pennsylvania folks

Anybody know anything about your newly former Secretary of Education, Vicki Phillips? She's just been hired to head my local school district.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:15 AM   #116
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Buchanan Ingersoll

What's happening here? I've heard about significant departures in multiple cities during the last week.
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:03 AM   #117
soup sandwich
usually superfluous

Question for the Pennsylvania folks

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone
Anybody know anything about your newly former Secretary of Education, Vicki Phillips? She's just been hired to head my local school district.
I know nothing about her, but if you go here and do a search for "Vicki Phillips" using the search function at the top, you'll get a boatload of articles.
soup sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:02 PM   #118
Alex_de_Large

SuperLawyers?

OK, so I will admit that I am not in the recently-published Pennsylvania SuperLawyers magazine, but I can't help but note that it is the biggest piece of self-congratulatory bullshit I have ever seen. That is all...
Old 06-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #119
Alex_de_Large

Litvin

So, the venerable plaintiffs' firm is officially no more. Sure, it was a badly-kept secret, but the way in which it was announced officially in yesterday's Legal (along with the chart listing where everyone is going) was just weird.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #120
sebastian_dangerfield

SuperLawyers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex_de_Large
OK, so I will admit that I am not in the recently-published Pennsylvania SuperLawyers magazine, but I can't help but note that it is the biggest piece of self-congratulatory bullshit I have ever seen. That is all...
You just had to pay some money and they put you on the list. Its even less credible than when Philadelphia Magazine used to compile its 100 Best list. There are a lot of great lawyers in the list, of course, but its also populated (30% or so) with idiots who got their friends to give them a vote. All you needed was something like 5 votes and you were a "super lawyer".