LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 167
0 members and 167 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #4576
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
He's done a lot of curls, no doubt. But I've stood next to him at a dinner. One of Hank's physical stature could literally dwarf bowl the guy.

(I should have talked to him. But what would I say? "Prime is really great... And your head is sooo shiny! Do you use product?")
He's permanently banned in my village at Burning Man. In 2002, 2003ish, he rolled into our communal area and tried to throw his bike into our fire pit. He pulled the "do you know who I am" bullshit. No one cared as they kicked him out.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 12-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #4577
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
At a high school reunion maybe fifteen years ago, I was told that our group was the cool kids. We just didn't care, and that was what made us cool.

This was amusing, but, of course, we didn't care.
I was a space cadet. Didn't know enough to care. I passed these genes on, and they'll serve the child well.

I had my shit together. Got good grades and all, went to the right parties, but I was always daydreaming, disconnected.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #4578
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
He's permanently banned in my village at Burning Man. In 2002, 2003ish, he rolled into our communal area and tried to throw his bike into our fire pit. He pulled the "do you know who I am" bullshit. No one cared as they kicked him out.
I his defense, the aroma of burning tires is delightful.

He's tiny. You should have bowled the little cretin.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:57 PM   #4579
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Excellent.

When I was in college, I once kicked the Prince of Monaco out of my room for smoking a cigarette, but kicking Bezos out of your village for being an ass is even better.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #4580
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Based on my observation of about 30 nieces and nephews between the ages of 18 and 30, the age group that determines what is hip, it is my conclusion that tech nerds are falling out of fashion. They were the cool kids of the pre-Trump 21st century.

The new cool kid is the policy wonk. Too bad we're all too old to be cool kids.
And yet some think we're all Beckies, Staceys, Chads, etc.: https://www.vox.com/2018/4/28/172902...ad-stacy-becky

The Incel world is the craziest of internet rabbit holes. The lingo is unintentional comedy of the darkest variety imaginable.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #4581
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Knock yourself out -- preen away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
You do realize that we know you just pull this shit out of your overstretched asshole, right? It is hilarious that you say this ridiculous, stupid shit with such authority.

TM
You realize that when you say the majority of Trumpkins are bigots you're talking out of your equally stretched ass. There's no way you can prove that. None.

You can say all sorts of shit here and people won't challenge it, but if you said it in a setting where people actually scrutinized what you're saying, a significant number of them would laugh at you.

A number of different people would of course do the same to me, for different reasons, of course.

Validation by fellow travelers doesn't mean you're right. It means you've picked your audience well. Were I to venture into a medium populated with people who favored the media criticisms of, say, Taibbi, Greenwald, or Chris Hedges, or people who favored third party candidates, or even people who simply favor Bernie, I'd be validated and you'd be mocked.

You're focused on the election, and Trump. I'm not. I'm more interested in the forces that caused Trump. Call me crazy, but I think obsessing about the symptoms while ignoring the underlying disease is just... dumb.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #4582
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
You realize that when you say the majority of Trumpkins are bigots you're talking out of your equally stretched ass. There's no way you can prove that. None.

You can say all sorts of shit here and people won't challenge it, but if you said it in a setting where people actually scrutinized what you're saying, a significant number of them would laugh at you.

A number of different people would of course do the same to me, for different reasons, of course.

Validation by fellow travelers doesn't mean you're right. It means you've picked your audience well. Were I to venture into a medium populated with people who favored the media criticisms of, say, Taibbi, Greenwald, or Chris Hedges, or people who favored third party candidates, or even people who simply favor Bernie, I'd be validated and you'd be mocked.

You're focused on the election, and Trump. I'm not. I'm more interested in the forces that caused Trump. Call me crazy, but I think obsessing about the symptoms while ignoring the underlying disease is just... dumb.
Dude, really, stop digging.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #4583
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Dude, really, stop digging.
If only there were a way to research something like that.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 12-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #4584
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I'm blocked for being in private mode. But as a simple matter of math, uh... 41 percent of anything is not a majority. And what percentage of overall Trump voters were millennials?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #4585
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
I'm blocked for being in private mode. But as a simple matter of math, uh... 41 percent of anything is not a majority. And what percentage of overall Trump voters were millennials?
Dude, I don't believe anyone here said that all Trump voters are bigots. I certainly didn't. That is something you made up to try to prove that the left and right both live in their own factual reality. The irony that your centrist both-sidesism is itself based on inventing your own factual reality may be lost on you, but it is not lost on some of us. Or, as a Greedy said, keep digging.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 12-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #4586
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Dude, I don't believe anyone here said that all Trump voters are bigots. I certainly didn't. That is something you made up to try to prove that the left and right both live in their own factual reality. The irony that your centrist both-sidesism is itself based on inventing your own factual reality may be lost on you, but it is not lost on some of us. Or, as a Greedy said, keep digging.
Did I say "all"? Reread. I said "a majority."
Old 12-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #4587
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

More Sebby bullshit

Quote:
My asshole is tight like a tied-off balloon. But come up with your own metaphors.

And to address your point, I would cite the studies that say racism and sexism (and not economic anxiety) actually drove voters to Trump. You know, the ones you try so hard to ignore.

Quote:
First of all, I am absolutely consistent when I talk about politics no matter where I am and who I'm with. So retire your stupid fucking incessant "echo chamber" bullshit already.

My Republican friends (some of whom are lunatics) either plug their ears when it comes to the racist shit or they resort to whataboutism. Hell, a guy I grew up with told me the other day that black people should like Trump because immigrants tend to take resources that would otherwise go to poor blacks. We argued about why he was wrong, of course. But one thing is for sure: None of them deny the racism anymore. Even they accept that Trump and Miller and their racist fucking policies are indeed racist. They either overlook it because their 401k is up or they embrace it as one the main features of his Presidency.

Also, I doubt anyone you know would laugh at me, unless it was behind my back, because I bet the Republicans you know are full of bravery on the internet only. Like you.

Quote:
What is amazing about you is that you manage to build up a reality in your head and there is nothing that can penetrate that vibranium-reinforced empty vacuum. You think I only talk about politics with people who agree with me, or that I only do it here, or that the media is a leftist monolith, or everyone in cities share the same opinions, or whatever. You absolutely ignore anything anyone says that doesn't fit your stupid, limited, "what you think you think you think" bullshit narrative in favor of your own and then you argue that. That's why almost everything you post is fucking idiotic.

Quote:
You are such a fucking numbskull.

If I say racism is the feature, not an outlier, and I point to policy and proof that those who set his policy are actually raging racists, that has nothing to do with the election. If we talk about the racism that drove the 35% of this country that loves racism to a racist, that's not discussing a fucking symptom. Jesus fucking Christ.

TM

Last edited by ThurgreedMarshall; 12-02-2019 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #4588
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
did i say "all"? Reread. I said "a majority."
fact check: False

Quote:
slave never posts entirely earnestly. If he used “fake,” he was writing quickly and part ironically. He knows damn well the whole thing isn’t fiction. You’re pretending you don’t understand that so you can offer this silly argument.

but now we get to the serious stupidity of what you actually believe: That it’s only conservatives who have magical realities. Many progressives still believe trumpkins are all bigots. They believe in this crazy world where the only people who disagree with them are hopelessly backward and full of hate. They’re deluded in exactly the same way their conservative counterparts are. The only difference is they aren’t as cynical as the right. a lot of the right views disinformation as a form of political strategy. Most progressives actually believe - ludicrously - that they know the truth.

It’s the credulous and the cynical on the right vs. The merely credulous on the left. And their respective media sources feed their delusions.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #4589
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
fact check: False
You pathetic tool. You actually went back to an earlier discussion, yanked a quote from it that fit your misrepresentation, and then shoehorned it into this thread so you wouldn't lose a point.

Is your insecurity truly as limitless as it appears?

Here's the post to which you responded -- the immediate discussion at hand:

Old 12-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #4590
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
You pathetic tool. You actually went back to an earlier discussion, yanked a quote from it that fit your misrepresentation, and then shoehorned it into this thread so you wouldn't lose a point.

Is your insecurity truly as limitless as it appears?

Here's the post to which you responded -- the immediate discussion at hand:

Translation: Stop paying attention to what I say.

Clown.

TM
Closed Thread