LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > SF/SV

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 176
0 members and 176 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #751
frodo corleone
No Rank For You!

Littler Love Triangle

I'm not implying that some 3rd party (4th party?) perpetuated this whole thing. What I'm wondering is whether the email from the dumbshit partner was actually sent to the whore-y paralegal. Not knowing any of the parties, and having watched a lot of television, I'm seeing the possibility of a disgruntled husband who discovers his wife is having an affair and decides to concoct a bogus love letter to embarass his wife and her lover. That almost seems more rational behavior (given the emotional devastation that he must have gone through upon finding out his bride of 11 months [at which point, spouses still love each other] has been disloyal) than an experienced lawyer writing such self-incriminating drivel.

There seems to be a lot of people with some degree of personal knowledge of the individuals; can any of you confirm this email was actually sent?
frodo corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #752
c2ed
Roughin' it

Littler Love Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by frodo corleone
I'm not implying that some 3rd party (4th party?) perpetuated this whole thing. What I'm wondering is whether the email from the dumbshit partner was actually sent to the whore-y paralegal. Not knowing any of the parties, and having watched a lot of television, I'm seeing the possibility of a disgruntled husband who discovers his wife is having an affair and decides to concoct a bogus love letter to embarass his wife and her lover. That almost seems more rational behavior (given the emotional devastation that he must have gone through upon finding out his bride of 11 months [at which point, spouses still love each other] has been disloyal) than an experienced lawyer writing such self-incriminating drivel.

There seems to be a lot of people with some degree of personal knowledge of the individuals; can any of you confirm this email was actually sent?
I can't confirm that at all - have no idea of who the parties are and don't give a rat's ass. But I have little doubt that it was sent. Look at the language - it seems to me to be from a lawyer in all its precise, careful wording and relative lack of emotion (sorry, but most senior partners at big firms that I know fall into this category). The guy hints at passion but in the end sounds like a rather boring creature.

What's really rather sad is that this is so unexciting, IMHO. These kinds of affairs happen all the time at firms, companies, and other organizations. What is a bit different is that the scorned husband decided to tell everyone they work with about it and make it very public. Usually I just see the firm management scramble to make sure the junior person isn't going to sue for harassment, the relevant couples divorce (and usually, not a pretty divorce), and the firm just gossips about the players enough that the junior person leaves. I've seen situations that make Ally McBeal plots look like Romper Room.

C(tries to stay out of the drama net)deuced
c2ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:32 PM   #753
AngryMulletMan
Trashy Wench

Littler Love Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by c2ed

What's really rather sad is that this is so unexciting, IMHO. These kinds of affairs happen all the time at firms, companies, and other organizations.
I'm not sure that the email wasn't manufactured by some eager associate goofing on GP's generally. It was chock full of stereotypical images and was written more like a memo to the file than a romance novel -- just plain creepy and, as you correctly point out, not at all interesting.

AM(oh for the days of nasty power sex in the copy room at the death star!)M
AngryMulletMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #754
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Littler Love Triangle

Quote:
Originally posted by AngryMulletMan
AM(oh for the days of nasty power sex in the copy room at the death star!)M
Indeed! But why let bygones be bygones? Why not remind us what those heady days were like?

pun intended
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:59 AM   #755
Jack Manfred
For the People

San Francisco Spa Recommendations (cross post with FB)

I'm looking for recommendations for a spa in San Francisco. Family will be in town, and I wanted to treat. Will probably spring for massage and some sort of wrap/body treatment. Especially interested in feedback from those who have tried Novella Spa.

Thanks for all helpful responses.
Jack Manfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 AM   #756
Tyrion Lannister

SF Spa

I've been to International Orange on Fillmore @ California a few times. It's not a huge place, but they do offer a good variety of massages, facials, and other spa treatments. They also offer yoga classes, if you're into that. After you're done, your family can check out the shops on Fillmore or watch Lost In Translation at the UA Metro.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #757
NotFromHere
No title

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Manfred
I'm looking for recommendations for a spa in San Francisco. Family will be in town, and I wanted to treat. Will probably spring for massage and some sort of wrap/body treatment. Especially interested in feedback from those who have tried Novella Spa.

Thanks for all helpful responses.
Have not tried the Novella Spa, but have been to the Nordstroms Spa. They have a wide variety of treatments and a nice atmosphere check it out here
Pedicure and facials are great. Hot stone massage was wonderful. Have not had any wraps. Bonus, it's right on the Bart/Bus lines, caters to men and women, you can get a nice glass of wine right downstairs on the 4th or 5th floor afterwards.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:37 PM   #758
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

spas

Are you interested in heading to Calistoga for the day?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 02-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #759
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

spas

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone_Slothrop
Are you interested in heading to Calistoga for the day?
Ty, you of all people should know that this board is not the appropriate venue for arranging homosexual liasons.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #760
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

spas

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
Ty, you of all people should know that this board is not the appropriate venue for arranging homosexual liasons.
Sorry. In the future, I will confine all such activity to the Technology board.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #761
Flinty_McFlint

spas

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone_Slothrop
Sorry. In the future, I will confine all such activity to the Technology board.
See you there!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #762
catrin_darcy

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Manfred
Haven't tried Novella, but I love Marilyn Jaeger's day spa:

www.marilynjaegerskincare.com

Very plush atmosphere. Great service. (Haven't had a massage there, though -- different massage therapist.)

CD
Old 02-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #763
OscarCrease
I'm getting there!

This SPA thread is fascinating, but does anyone have any scoop on the new Greenberg office in Palo Alto, the rumors that they grabbed a bunch of senior associates from Jeff Saper's group at Wilson and made them partners, etc.?

Greenberg also just opened up in Orange County, who are these guys?
OscarCrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:47 PM   #764
Flinty_McFlint

Greenberg

Quote:
Originally posted by OscarCrease
This SPA thread is fascinating, but does anyone have any scoop on the new Greenberg office in Palo Alto, the rumors that they grabbed a bunch of senior associates from Jeff Saper's group at Wilson and made them partners, etc.?

Greenberg also just opened up in Orange County, who are these guys?
Yeah, apparently they were from Saper's fiefdom, I have no real details beyond that sorry. Greenberg's business model is to acquire local firms, which they have done at a very high rate the past 4-5 years. They are a huge firm. Worked with the Atlanta office a few years back, and they were very professional and capable, nothing bad to say about them.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #765
acousticguitar

Its on the other board that GT grabbed Caine Moss and Stefan Clulow from WSGR.