LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 163
0 members and 163 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #301
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Aww shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
I'm triple jabbed since August.

Still not feeling particularly good about this with baby in utero. Pregnant women tend to have really bad outcomes. (Might be behind a paywall, so open in incognito mode):
Yeah, we have a friend who'd been trying to do IVF for awhile. It finally worked and now she has Covid.
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #302
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Please keep your head low.

No mention in those stats about vax impact though?
No. It's been frustrating to really tell what my risk is. I'm acting as if I'm one level below what my immunizations are. So I figure I'm probably at vaxxed but not boosted, even though I got boosted in August.

I'm pretty much isolated this week, and next week I'm back to work from home full time for the immediate future, probably until the baby comes.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #303
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
No. It's been frustrating to really tell what my risk is. I'm acting as if I'm one level below what my immunizations are. So I figure I'm probably at vaxxed but not boosted, even though I got boosted in August.

I'm pretty much isolated this week, and next week I'm back to work from home full time for the immediate future, probably until the baby comes.
Take care, wishing you much support from those around you.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #304
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

John Boehner explains why sugar costs twice as much in the US as everywhere else:

Quote:
Sugar was never really my fight, but I always thought it was a little silly that the sugar industry has all this power in Washington. But I liked to spend my time on issues I might actually be able to change, and I knew the chances of winning a fight with Big Sugar was basically zero.

At one point in the mid-1990s, I got fed up and decided to yank their chains anyway. I was on the Agricultural Committee and were getting ready to put together the 1996 farm bill. I walked into my office while this was going on and found a sugar lobbyist hanging around, trying to stay close to the action. I felt like being a smart-ass so I made some wise-crack about the sugar industry raping the taxpayers. Without another word, I walked into my private office and shut the door. I had no real plan to go after the sugar people. I was just screwing with the guy.

My phone did not stop ringing for the next five weeks….I had no idea how many people in my district were connected to the sugar industry. People were calling all day, telling me they made pumps or plugs or boxes or some other such part used in sugar production and I was threatening their job. Mayors called to tell me about employers their towns depended on who would be hurt by a sugar downturn. It was the most organize effort I had ever seen.

And that’s why don’t fuck with sugar.
link
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:13 AM   #305
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
John Boehner explains why sugar costs twice as much in the US as everywhere else:

link
It doesn't take all that many people calling a congressional office to make a difference...
Old 12-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #306
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:

link
Sweet.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:57 PM   #307
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:

link
If only the sushi itamae lobby had similar strength we would not have to keep reading about Flower and his friends making “sushi.”
Old 01-05-2022, 02:16 PM   #308
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Happy New Year, everyone. The eldest wee Slothrop has now gone and picked up COVID for a second time, but somehow the rest of us are still uninfected.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 01-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #309
Icky Thump

Quote:
Happy New Year, everyone. The eldest wee Slothrop has now gone and picked up COVID for a second time, but somehow the rest of us are still uninfected.
Hope all are well. Not uncommon. The person (that I know of) who brought Omicron to my office had absolutely no other contact test positive. Not even her husband.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:37 PM   #310
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Hope all are well. Not uncommon. The person (that I know of) who brought Omicron to my office had absolutely no other contact test positive. Not even her husband.

You are back in your office?
Old 01-06-2022, 07:49 PM   #311
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
He lives in a frat house, a sort of ongoing superspreader event, and we try to limit exposure to him.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:48 PM   #312
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
You are back in your office?
My office has been open since June of 2020. I go in a few days a week, working from home the others. When I go in, I spend as little time as possible there, keep the windows open, wear an N95 and make sure to go out for a lunchtime run.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #313
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
My office has been open since June of 2020. I go in a few days a week, working from home the others. When I go in, I spend as little time as possible there, keep the windows open, wear an N95 and make sure to go out for a lunchtime run.
It doesn't appear there's any way to avoid getting infected with omicron. Almost everyone I know who gets a sinus issue or scratchy throat and a bit of malaise and can access a test is coming back positive for it.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #314
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
It doesn't appear there's any way to avoid getting infected with omicron. Almost everyone I know who gets a sinus issue or scratchy throat and a bit of malaise and can access a test is coming back positive for it.
There is the same way as in the beginning, not sharing indoor air with other people.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:03 PM   #315
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Everyone I know who tested positive recently, was allegedly asymptomatic, but tested for travel or for family get togethers or other reasons. All vaxed, boosted, etc.