LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 391
0 members and 391 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 PM   #706
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
sts, iyw, nttawwt: What the hell are these abreviations for?
so to speak, if you will, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Carry on!
Old 08-24-2005, 03:46 PM   #707
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by taxwonk
so to speak, if you will, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Carry on!
I think he meant why would a loser with nothing better to do than post your drivel need abbreviations. Guys like spank with an actual life might benefit from the time savings, but you seem to only want to waste as much time as possible here, so why turn to abbreviations when you can spell the word out and be that much closer to the end?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #708
NotFromHere
No title

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
I think he meant why would a loser with nothing better to do than post your drivel need abbreviations. Guys like spank with an actual life might benefit from the time savings, but you seem to only want to waste as much time as possible here, so why turn to abbreviations when you can spell the word out and be that much closer to the end?
I thought people had told you not to speak for other people?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #709
paigowprincess

Confidential Post to Spanky

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
I had 2 pretty good California Pinots this week (Ollie, yes this is shocking, I know). A 2000 Husch and a 2002 Flowers from Cazadero California - wherever that is. They are not as fruity as the Oregon style, but smoother.
I had a smashing pinot noir this weekend from Anderson Valley. Golden Eye. By Duckworth.

I also had a box of chocolate covered cab from my favorite winery and now I dont feel so good.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #710
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
I think he meant why would a loser with nothing better to do than post your drivel need abbreviations. Guys like spank with an actual life might benefit from the time savings, but you seem to only want to waste as much time as possible here, so why turn to abbreviations when you can spell the word out?
I have decided that I will no longer tolerate you acting as Spanky's spokesperson. He is a genuinely nice, intellectually curious and persistent guy, with a keen eye for woman. You are a nasty, chubby troll, misanthropic and with horrible taste in woman.

I'm afraid this charade, this... blatant miscarriage of justice must simply come to a halt. I must ask, you, sir (and I use that term loosely) to crawl back under the bridge until fringey gives you permission to come out.

You've metaphorically soiled this board's britches for the last time, Hank.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #711
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
I have decided that I will no longer tolerate you acting as Spanky's spokesperson. He is a genuinely nice, intellectually curious and persistent guy, with a keen eye for woman. You are a nasty, chubby troll, misanthropic and with horrible taste in woman.

I'm afraid this charade, this... blatant miscarriage of justice must simply come to a halt. I must ask, you, sir (and I use that term loosely) to crawl back under the bridge until fringey gives you permission to come out.

You've metaphorically soiled this board's britches for the last time, Hank.
In another day or so, I promise you and nfh will no longer be bothered by anything you can read here.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #712
paigowprincess

On Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
It makes me wonder if when the full weight of the left wing's capitulation to the enemies of freedom is brought to bare if America's end will be more like Brobeck's or the Brothers Coudert?
I grew up with a bunch of Couderts. Membres of same yachchich club, natch. Very activist repulbican family. Reminded me of the Roosevelts, who I also knoew some of growing up. Its what happens when old money gets watered down through marriage and too many kids over the years. Pity. One of the Couderts chairs the republican committee in Our Town. Typical.

Speaking of Republicans, my dad yelled at me when I said that Clinton was a very smart guy and Reagan, not so much. I mean, he let me have it. The product of a limousine liberal private school (which he picked out for me but whatever) with the pinko commie professors. Asked if I said such things to my clients like that and just berated me. This after I said two of my favorite politicians were CHristine Todd Whitman and John McCain. I did manage to get my first ever apology from him though, so it was worth it.

And speaking of my dad, my parents were recently in Vegas. Dad was walking along the strip in his patchwork madras pants or whatever the hell those things are called. Some young hipsters approach my dad and say "cool pants, man. where did you get them?" My dad said he didnt know bc he was certain they would never be able to find Darien Sports. He is amused that he is back in style again.

Oh, sorry Spanky. I know you don't want to hear about my father. How is your girlfri3end?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #713
sebastian_dangerfield

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by taxwonk You've metaphorically soiled this board's britches for the last time, Hank.
Thanks for the clarification. I'd feel terribly guilty were RT actually cleaning anything.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:07 PM   #714
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
In another day or so, I promise you and nfh will no longer be bothered by anything you can read here.
You're going back to school?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #715
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
It still won't prepare him for most of your drivel. And I mena that in the most loving (platonically speaking) way, man. sts, iyw, nttawwt
How ironic that you would post this on the same day that Ty@50 came back from the future and apologized to me (and Hank).

One man's drivel is another's smoking gun. And now we know the judgment of history on the issue.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:10 PM   #716
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
So ignorant that they did not know that sex without contraception can lead to pregnancy?
These ae the things I learned in the sex education portion of my health class:

- Abstinance is always best (I'll give them this one as a freebie)
- You can't get pregnant on the first time
- The rhythm method is a viable form of birth control
- Condoms are the most effective form of birth control
- An IUD is a device inserted just prior to sex and removed afterwards
- Everything being taught to me is solely in preparation for that day, some day down the line, when I get married.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #717
Ty@50

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
I thought people had told you not to speak for other people?
Hi everyone, this is Ty, posting from 15 years in the future! Bill Gates invented an internet time machine, the rich get richer.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and let everyone know that nfh dropped this snotty act in 2007, about 1 year to the day before he admitted he wasn't really a woman.

that's all for now. STYS
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #718
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
You [Hank] are a nasty, chubby troll, misanthropic and with horrible taste in woman.
Can't say I really disagree with the rest of it, but given Hank's obvious crush on RT, I'm not so sure about your last one. And neither are you, IYKWIM, AITYD, ASDRT.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #719
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ty@50
Hi everyone, this is Ty, posting from 15 years in the future! Bill Gates invented an internet time machine, the rich get richer.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and let everyone know that nfh dropped this snotty act in 2007, about 1 year to the day before he admitted he wasn't really a woman.

that's all for now. STYS
OH SHITE! does that make me a gay? NTTAWWT.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #720
Spanky
For what it's worth

sts, iyw, nttawwt?

Quote:
Actually, I really did not know what they mean and I was curious because I had seen them a lot.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote