LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 184
0 members and 184 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #2209
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Q1 is Trainspotting a "buddy" movie?

Q2 anyone see 2?
I saw it. I enjoyed it and it wasn't totally necessary to remember that much from the original. They weave in some flashback scenes without being too annoying about it. I went to a screening that the director spoke at after the film and it gave me a little more appreciation for it than I might have otherwise had.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #2210
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcasesensitive View Post
I saw it. I enjoyed it and it wasn't totally necessary to remember that much from the original. They weave in some flashback scenes without being too annoying about it. I went to a screening that the director spoke at after the film and it gave me a little more appreciation for it than I might have otherwise had.
thanks. I may have missed our brief theater window in fly over land, but it is available in June.

next question: the NY Philharmonic does a few movie scores each fall. They screen a film in the hall, stripped of score, and the orchestra plays. Pretty special. I have seen 2001 and Manhattan the last few years. This year they are doing Star Wars 1 and 4-6. I won't be there when 4 is on, and of course have no desire to see 1. Soooo between Empire and Jedi, which has the best soundtrack?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #2212
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

NotBob

NotBob, I wish you were on Facebook so I could hear what you have to say about Niskanen's hit on Crosby.
greatwhitenorthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #2213
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

I need to dress for a steampunk-themed party. I have nothing at all in my closet that smacks of steampunk. How do I do this quickly and cheaply?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #2214
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I need to dress for a steampunk-themed party. I have nothing at all in my closet that smacks of steampunk. How do I do this quickly and cheaply?
Unsurprisingly, I can do probably six outfits in steampunk out of my closet right now. Graham probably has the same.

And we're not really trying.

White or tan or forest green button down shirt, brown pants, suspenders. Boots. Goggles. Felt brown/tan hat if you got one.

A store in the small town where our ranch is realized that the nicer cowboy crap they were selling could also be marketed to the steampunk set.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #2215
Not Bob

Oh, Canada Girls.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitenorthchick View Post
NotBob, I wish you were on Facebook so I could hear what you have to say about Niskanen's hit on Crosby.
You can always check my Friendster page, you know.

I've watched and rewatched it a million times, and I'm still not sure whether or not it was intentional. I'm leaning towards intentional - perhaps because of clips I've seen on Twitter (for some reason, I started following the exec producer of a Pittsburgh sports radio show), and almost certainly because of my strong dislike for the Capitals.

That said, some respected and neutral hockey dude said the other day that Niskanen's hands were too close together on his stick for it to have been an intentional cross-check. Who knows. I'm sure I'd have a strong position if I liked either of the teams.

Apropos of hockey, I am of course pulling for the Rangers, but I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Guy Boucher (you probably do, too, but for different reasons), and am happy that he got the Sens to where they are now. If they do move into the next round, they will become this year's Not Bob Official Playoff Team.

Carry on.

*Where is the re line from, Not Bob? (spree for Flower: the bonus track to an album from a mainstay of my "Acoustic Estrogen" playlist)
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #2216
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

Re: Oh, Canada Girls.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
You can always check my Friendster page, you know.

I've watched and rewatched it a million times, and I'm still not sure whether or not it was intentional. I'm leaning towards intentional - perhaps because of clips I've seen on Twitter (for some reason, I started following the exec producer of a Pittsburgh sports radio show), and almost certainly because of my strong dislike for the Capitals.

That said, some respected and neutral hockey dude said the other day that Niskanen's hands were too close together on his stick for it to have been an intentional cross-check. Who knows. I'm sure I'd have a strong position if I liked either of the teams.

Apropos of hockey, I am of course pulling for the Rangers, but I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Guy Boucher (you probably do, too, but for different reasons), and am happy that he got the Sens to where they are now. If they do move into the next round, they will become this year's Not Bob Official Playoff Team.

Carry on.

*Where is the re line from, Not Bob? (spree for Flower: the bonus track to an album from a mainstay of my "Acoustic Estrogen" playlist)
I had forgotten about Friendster -- of course I went to your Myspace page before here, but it was not much help.

You are the voice of reason on the hit -- I think it was intentional, but I'm biased. Nodding in agreement with Don Cherry, and I hate when that happens.

I said I would root for the Rangers but I can't bring myself to do it against the Sens.
greatwhitenorthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #2217
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I need to dress for a steampunk-themed party.
Do you?
(Do you?)

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote