LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 49
3 members and 46 guests
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy, Hank Chinaski, Tyrone Slothrop
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #16
the Spartan
How ya like me now?!?
 
the Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above You
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally posted by bilmore
Very early this morning, a coded satellite call went out across the globe, and 32,579 programmers caught planes and trains and boats from their various home bases and converged on Bill Gates' Hawaii compound.

The MS complete turnkey product hits the stores tomorrow.

Don't ever cross Bill Gates.
HI Bilmoore!
__________________
the comeback
the Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #17
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 30,340
Google

Merrill Lynch dropped out of the Google IPO. What's up with that?
__________________
“Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof”
- John Kenneth Galbraith
Tyrone Slothrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #18
the Spartan
How ya like me now?!?
 
the Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above You
Posts: 509
Google

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Merrill Lynch dropped out of the Google IPO. What's up with that?
Perhaps it is linked to Paigow dropping off the board, no?
__________________
the comeback
the Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:13 PM   #19
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 84,098
Google

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Merrill Lynch dropped out of the Google IPO. What's up with that?
Atticus' firm increased minimum hours?
__________________
Tan and fit!!!
Hank Chinaski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:54 AM   #20
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 30,340
breaking news

Courtesy of Bob:

"Ted Olson is resigning as Solicitor General in order to return to private practice. Ted Olson represented George Bush in the 2000 Supreme Court case Bush v Gore."

Can anyone confirm he's going back to Gibson Dunn?
__________________
“Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof”
- John Kenneth Galbraith
Tyrone Slothrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #21
fair and balanced
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
breaking news

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Courtesy of Bob:

"Ted Olson is resigning as Solicitor General in order to return to private practice. Ted Olson represented George Bush in the 2000 Supreme Court case Bush v Gore."

Can anyone confirm he's going back to Gibson Dunn?
Don’t know, is that a lobby firm? Although, word on the street is that he is going to take some down time, a mental relaxation break before W appoints him to the Supremes. Which he richly deserves. A true American Hero, who saved the nation in time of crisis in the Florida recount and then lost his beloved wife in the War on Terror.

In fact, just last week while watching Hardball where the guest was that leftie blowhard Katrina Vanderhoohahoovel, I was thinking about Barbara Olson and how much her intelligence is missed in the world of political analysts, especially in America’s time of need for fair and balanced info. If only Bill Clinton hadn’t turned his back on his country and office and refused the 3 offers Sudan made in the 90s to give up bin Laden. Makes one wonder who got to Clinton on that one…..his Chinese handlers maybe?

In stark irony, Clinton’s new book My Life continues his campaign of defamation of Ted Olson. Criminal. As usual.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #22
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 84,098
breaking news

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Courtesy of Bob:

"Ted Olson is resigning as Solicitor General in order to return to private practice. Ted Olson represented George Bush in the 2000 Supreme Court case Bush v Gore."

Can anyone confirm he's going back to Gibson Dunn?
So Ashley is the fat one? Or Mary Kate is, but she wants to get like Ashley?
__________________
Tan and fit!!!
Hank Chinaski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #23
the Spartan
How ya like me now?!?
 
the Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above You
Posts: 509
breaking news

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
So Ashley is the fat one? Or Mary Kate is, but she wants to get like Ashley?
Hank, Pay attention, Lindsay Lohan is the new Hillary Duff who was the new Olson Twins. Get with the jailbait program here dude.



__________________
the comeback
the Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:16 AM   #24
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.
 
Atticus Grinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 10,117
Solution to the Case of the Artful Art Lover

PENSKE MIGHT KNOW a thing or two about Picasso, but he sure could use a lesson in storytelling!

His first mistake was in his identification of the newspaper in which he learned of the famous painter's whereabouts. The local newspaper in Antibes is not the "Daily Cannes-Tribune," it's the "Daily Cannes Tribune"!

His second mistake was in the location of Picasso's home. Mougins is not a "stone's throw" from Antibes --- no Frenchman could possibly throw a stone five miles!

Finally, the great painter would never have referred to Penske as "Monsieur." A child prodigy such as Penske would be referred to as "le petit âne" in the language of France, which is called "French"!

Sally sat on Penske until he confessed to making up the whole thing. Both she and Encylopedia Brown were home in time for Kiddush --- barely! All in all, it certainly was a shabbat to remember!

Last edited by Atticus Grinch; 06-27-2004 at 04:19 AM..
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #25
the Spartan
How ya like me now?!?
 
the Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above You
Posts: 509
Solution to the Case of the Artful Art Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
PENSKE MIGHT KNOW a thing or two about Picasso, but he sure could use a lesson in storytelling!

His first mistake was in his identification of the newspaper in which he learned of the famous painter's whereabouts. The local newspaper in Antibes is not the "Daily Cannes-Tribune," it's the "Daily Cannes Tribune"!

His second mistake was in the location of Picasso's home. Mougins is not a "stone's throw" from Antibes --- no Frenchman could possibly throw a stone five miles!

Finally, the great painter would never have referred to Penske as "Monsieur." A child prodigy such as Penske would be referred to as "le petit âne" in the language of France, which is called "French"!

Sally sat on Penske until he confessed to making up the whole thing. Both she and Encylopedia Brown were home in time for Kiddush --- barely! All in all, it certainly was a shabbat to remember!
Indeed! Pass the challah and crack open that St. Supéry Cab!
__________________
the comeback
the Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #26
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.
 
Atticus Grinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 10,117
Hey, that petard sure looks familiar!

Disney's about to get a taste of its own medicine.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #27
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 30,340
Frist pulls the plug on class-action reform.
__________________
“Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof”
- John Kenneth Galbraith
Tyrone Slothrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:32 AM   #28
Diane_Keaton
Registered User
 
Diane_Keaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In Spheres, Scissoring Heather Locklear
Posts: 1,687
Adware or other potential problem?

HI> I"M CONSTANTLY HIT BY Spyware. I have no idea if this is the cause but sometimes my computer does things (not just pop up windows) that I didn't ask it to do. Example: it all capped the first few words of this post.

1. Do you think this weird computer behavior is a result of adware?

2. Even though I use adware to delete all the stuff that shows up, it keeps coming back. Is there not a place on the computer where you can tell the computer never to allow anything from a particular website? Then I could at least "block" things like "purityscan" which seem to always make it on the computer;

Thanks a bunchs!
Diane_Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:35 AM   #29
Diane_Keaton
Registered User
 
Diane_Keaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In Spheres, Scissoring Heather Locklear
Posts: 1,687
Hey, that petard sure looks familiar!

Are they talking about the song that goes, "a winga wet; a winga wet; a winga wet; a winga wet" for much too long? That song really sucks.
Diane_Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:38 AM   #30
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.
 
Atticus Grinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 10,117
Adware or other potential problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane_Keaton
HI> I"M CONSTANTLY HIT BY Spyware. I have no idea if this is the cause but sometimes my computer does things (not just pop up windows) that I didn't ask it to do. Example: it all capped the first few words of this post.

1. Do you think this weird computer behavior is a result of adware?

2. Even though I use adware to delete all the stuff that shows up, it keeps coming back. Is there not a place on the computer where you can tell the computer never to allow anything from a particular website? Then I could at least "block" things like "purityscan" which seem to always make it on the computer;

Thanks a bunchs!
(1) Download SpyBot Search & Destroy. The freeware version isn't good enough --- you need the strong mojo. Also, boot into Safe Mode before running it --- some of the adware has countermeasures.

(2) What you have sounds like a pretty bad infection. Consider a clean install of Windows: giving your machine to some techs for a day or two to tear the whole thing down.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.