Go Back   LawTalkers > Welcome/News > Polls

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 63
0 members and 63 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
View Poll Results: Should we do the upgrade without Vbportal?
Yes - do it as soon as vbulletin is ready 3 15.79%
No - wait until both vbportal and vbulletin are ready 9 47.37%
Who cares 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
I didn't do it.
leagleaze's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,371
Question on Upgrade

So Vbulletin finally has moved to a release candidate for its new version, Vbulletin 3.0. Hopefully this means that the gold version, meaning the version that is safe to put on this board, will be along soon.

We actually use two pieces of software to run this board. The forums themselves use Vbulletin, but all the side stuff is actually something called Vbportal. The version of Vbportal we are presently using will not work with the new Vbulletin, and the company that designs Vbportal has a while to go before it is ready.

So my question is this. Do you want us to wait for the upgrade until we can use both pieces of software, or do you just want us to upgrade Vbulletin, stripping out the vbportal until it is ready. This would leave us with just the board itself.

The upgrade of Vbulletin 3.0 has a lot of new features that are hard for me to describe, so feel free to take a look at it here

I do not know when Vbportal will have their upgrade done. Their site doesn't give any information on when it will be completed.
leagleaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.