LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 126
0 members and 126 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #1501
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Ironically, he may end up as one of her most valuable supporters.

Doesn't change the fact that his show has played a role in this disgustingness for a long time.
Everything is fair game for jokes. Everything.

Howard is a bedrock reminder of our right to tell those who are easily offended to turn the channel and mind their own business.

I think the Trump comments are bizarre, and funny in a kind of "what a train wreck" respect. The man has a problem with his first language, and basic anatomy... Sincerely, even during the most coarse male banter about attractive women, I've never heard, "grab her pussy." Nor has any male here, I'm certain. Were someone to say that, the only response I could muster would be, "What? Did you just say you'd grab a girl by her pussy? How much have you had to drink? You're getting an Uber, right?"

There's something seriously busted in the basal circuits of that cat's brain.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #1502
Pretty Little Flower

Re: And they all play on the golf course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Pence is a fucking creep who might actually succeed at some of his objectives. I'd be more comfortable with Trump in charge than that guy on top of the ticket.
The fact that this campaign is still moving forward is a sign of how far gone we are. It will be almost impossible for future campaigns to lower the bar. But fuck it, I'm a star and I'm gonna grab me some fucking pussy. Fucking bitches will let me do it! Hey bitches, get your pussies over here within grabbing range. I'm too tired to go on chasing after your pussies. Get that moist pink pussy within arm's range for me. Is there anything this Douchebag-In-Chief could say that would actually cause people to say that, like, they're not so comfortable supporting him any more? If he bragged that when he dressed like a priest, he could grab little boys' dicks, because they would let him and were scared of God? If he said he used to ass-rape dogs because they were tighter? No? Cats, maybe? Nope, fucking prick-faces like the supreme fucking asshole from Arizona would still support him lest Hillary get elected and they start ripping fetuses apart limb from limb. Thank you, Donald, for making me have to explain to my eleven year old daughter that famous people and authority figures are not allowed to sexually assault her vagina. But fuck you for actually making me have some tiny sliver of respect for Paul Ryan. Jesus fucking fuck. Here is today's post-debate Daily Dose. Funkadelic's "Super Stupid" from the album Maggot Brain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVHrvx-Ua68

I am not sorry.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #1503
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I'm asking RT to make me the mod here and if it happens you are going to LT jail!
Old 10-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #1504
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Who took the shackles off!?!?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #1505
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
New theory: Trump knew tax scams and all his other crimes would come out and he would get an effective pardon. Hillary cannot prosecute.

Edit- my daughter, who is considering law school, suggests Obama pardon Trump a week before the election.
This theory is a hard sell after he outright threatened to jail Hillary if elected.

TM
Old 10-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #1506
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
This theory is a hard sell after he outright threatened to jail Hillary if elected.

TM
Actually doesn't all the blow back about how wrong that was make it even less likely she'd prosecute?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #1507
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

So I forget who it was, Thurgreed maybe, who was so certain that despite me talking a big game against Trump I would vote for him anyway, that needless to say, I am not voting Trump. I would have voted Libertarian if the Libertarians had nominated someone who is actually Libertarian, but I can't bring myself to vote Johnson/Weld either. I looked at the Constitution Party too, and unfortunately they have some ideas that are totally crackpot in their platform, even by my standards.

So, for anyone waiting on pins and needles, Evan McMullin has qualified as a write-in candidate in Texas, so that's the only thing I can do in good conscience. I hope I can figure out how to actually do a write in on the machine, since this will only be my second time not voting straight party, and my vote for Nader was absentee, IIRC. I'm going to vote on the first day of early voting, as always, and then hope that I can be in a coma or something until 2020.

I no longer consider myself to be R at all, so I will have to do a bit of work on the down ballot races as well to determine the best candidate.

Last edited by SEC_Chick; 10-11-2016 at 01:26 PM..
Old 10-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #1508
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: And they all play on the golf course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
The fact that this campaign is still moving forward is a sign of how far gone we are. It will be almost impossible for future campaigns to lower the bar.
Hopefully one takeaway will be that running a la Trump is a way to get totally creamed. It really does seem that he feeds off the reaction he gets at his rallies, and that he is completely uninterested in or incapable of trying to modulate his message (or "pivot") to get 50% +1 of the electorate.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #1509
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Who took the shackles off!?!?
What were the shackles keeping him from doing?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #1510
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
I no longer consider myself to be R at all, so I will have to do a bit of work on the down ballot races as well to determine the best candidate.
Seems like the (few) people who still consider themselves dyed-in-the-wool Republicans are often the most out of step with the GOP.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #1511
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
So I forget who it was, Thurgreed maybe, who was so certain that despite me talking a big game against Trump I would vote for him anyway, that needless to say, I am not voting Trump. I would have voted Libertarian if the Libertarians had nominated someone who is actually Libertarian, but I can't bring myself to vote Johnson/Weld either. I looked at the Constitution Party too, and unfortunately they have some ideas that are totally crackpot in their platform, even by my standards.

So, for anyone waiting on pins and needles, Evan McMullin has qualified as a write-in candidate in Texas, so that's the only thing I can do in good conscience. I hope I can figure out how to actually do a write in on the machine, since this will only be my second time not voting straight party, and my vote for Nader was absentee, IIRC. I'm going to vote on the first day of early voting, as always, and then hope that I can be in a coma or something until 2020.

I don't know if it was me, but until this last week I did believe most of the traditional Rs saying they wouldn't support trump would indeed "come around". I was wrong.

Now I just want some of ya'all to form a new Whig Party. Tyler Too!
Old 10-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #1512
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
So I forget who it was, Thurgreed maybe, who was so certain that despite me talking a big game against Trump I would vote for him anyway, that needless to say, I am not voting Trump.
Wasn't me.

TM
Old 10-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #1513
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
What were the shackles keeping him from doing?
I look forward to the new, unfettered Freedom Trump. It's time we stop tip-toeing about this election and really blow some shit up around here.

Here is some nice obscure old funk for your ailing souls. Rasputin's Stash with "Dookey Shoe" for the Daily Dose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_IZXLPBvMY

I am not sorry.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #1514
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Wasn't me.

TM
Now that I think about it, I think it was Sidd.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #1515
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

This piece about the way Howard Stern played with Trump is pure genius.
Closed Thread