LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 243
0 members and 243 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #2491
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
You don't need a lawyer.
I don't owe anything here -- my involvement is a little more atypical. Would like to ask you a follow-up (or you, Icky) -- can you DM me a #?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #2492
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I don't owe anything here -- my involvement is a little more atypical. Would like to ask you a follow-up (or you, Icky) -- can you DM me a #?
"Asking for a friend"
Old 06-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #2493
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) View Post
"Asking for a friend"
no. Ty does identity theft and he is starting to feel bad for how he has left his victims. but thanks for playin!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #2494
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Just shot you an email.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #2495
Hank Chinaski

Need a small firm litigation lawyer in Atlanta- anyone know anyone?
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #2496
Icky Thump

Quote:
Sure but may have an emergency press conference I have to travel from court for. I assume it was a kid or some shit.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #2497
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Hard pass. It also seems to me that soccer players look the best. So it's been cardio, HIIT, cardio, cardio, HIIT
So, I've seen at least one photo and you look great, my friend. Congratulations.

As an update on this Keto diet, I can say it's the easiest diet I've ever had to follow. I've lost roughly 12 pounds (from 208 to 196 in 3 weeks). I've done vegetarian diets, low fat and sugar with lean proteins diets, Atkins (which was the worst), etc. On keto, you don't really track calories. You eat until you're satisfied. And you can eat some really great things. Last night I had two Shake Shack doubles (lettuce wrap, no bun). I can't say I don't miss beer, fries, and sugar. But I don't miss them anywhere near as much as I thought I would, and the fact that I can drink wine and bourbon (within reason), definitely helps. Also, I had no idea veggies and salads would be so desirable.

I have very little fat left to lose. I'm going to try to see if I can make it to 190 (which may not be possible given the fat I think I have left to lose). Slipped out of ketosis this past Friday after a drinking binge that included far too many drinks with simple syrup. But it hasn't affected any progress and I'm already back in.

Anyway, if you can't maintain a diet because you get hungry as fuck and want to eat tasty food, this is for you. If you want to drop a lot of weight in a pretty short period of time, this shit is for you. I obviously can't confirm, but I believe that if I had a lot more fat, I would have lost considerably more weight in the same amount of time.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #2498
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
So, I've seen at least one photo and you look great, my friend. Congratulations.

As an update on this Keto diet, I can say it's the easiest diet I've ever had to follow. I've lost roughly 12 pounds (from 208 to 196 in 3 weeks). I've done vegetarian diets, low fat and sugar with lean proteins diets, Atkins (which was the worst), etc. On keto, you don't really track calories. You eat until you're satisfied. And you can eat some really great things. Last night I had two Shake Shack doubles (lettuce wrap, no bun). I can't say I don't miss beer, fries, and sugar. But I don't miss them anywhere near as much as I thought I would, and the fact that I can drink wine and bourbon (within reason), definitely helps. Also, I had no idea veggies and salads would be so desirable.

I have very little fat left to lose. I'm going to try to see if I can make it to 190 (which may not be possible given the fat I think I have left to lose). Slipped out of ketosis this past Friday after a drinking binge that included far too many drinks with simple syrup. But it hasn't affected any progress and I'm already back in.

Anyway, if you can't maintain a diet because you get hungry as fuck and want to eat tasty food, this is for you. If you want to drop a lot of weight in a pretty short period of time, this shit is for you. I obviously can't confirm, but I believe that if I had a lot more fat, I would have lost considerably more weight in the same amount of time.

TM
Thanks.

Sounds good for fat loss which is my next goal, before a lifetime of maintenance. But anything without measuring, counting, limiting is dangerous as fuck for me.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #2499
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
You don't need a lawyer. Call up and negotiate for 20% if it's purchased (portfolios sell at .2 to .10). And call on third to last day of month. Collectors get desperate to make their numbers in the last week, and month to month performance of portfolios is closely scrutinized, as we always wanted to resell the poorly performing paper quickly, before it's out of statute of limitations and its value drops.

If debt is still held by lender, do the same. But understand, you don't have as much leverage.
This is actually useful information - thanks.

I have a lot of little startups that get started, burn a million or four, and then get wound up with a bunch of trade debt they have to settle to preserve the IP, so they can get a million or a half of salvage value. 20% has seem to be a fairly common settlement, but it's nice to know where the portfolio's purchase price usually was.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #2500
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Thanks.

Sounds good for fat loss which is my next goal, before a lifetime of maintenance. But anything without measuring, counting, limiting is dangerous as fuck for me.
In reading on this it's fairly doable. I have generally ruled out bread on a regular basis, and the only starch I eat with any regularity is rice cakes, though I still eat fruit.

But limiting things to lean protein and certain veggies is the next step for a bit.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #2501
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
This is actually useful information - thanks.

I have a lot of little startups that get started, burn a million or four, and then get wound up with a bunch of trade debt they have to settle to preserve the IP, so they can get a million or a half of salvage value. 20% has seem to be a fairly common settlement, but it's nice to know where the portfolio's purchase price usually was.
Business debt is on the way lower end of that .2-.10 range, as debt collectors assume corps can simply dissolve or close shop and walk away (unless there's personal guarantees on the stuff). If you're representing an LLC or Inc., you should be able to go into the .10-.15 settlement range.

We never bought or even tried to collect business debt. You've very limited leverage to press debtors.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #2502
Hank Chinaski

can't think of anything clever for here{sad face}

Howard Stern asks: "do you think masturbation has been ruined for Louis CK?"

G.O.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #2503
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: can't think of anything clever for here{sad face}

Question for the New Yorkers:

Where do you think the best cheesecake in NYC is?

We're in the city this weekend to pick up my daughter, who has been on an internship there. My teenage son has taken to making cheesecake at home, so he's looking for inspiration. (As to where we'll be, she's staying at an NYU dorm in the village and we're staying at a relatives' place in Chelsea; we're also going to be taking a jaunt down to the area around Sheepshead Bay and Marine Park to see the bridge she's been mostly working on, and we'll be up in the Inwood area a bit).

Last edited by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy; 08-09-2018 at 09:23 AM..
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #2504
Hank Chinaski

Re: can't think of anything clever for here{sad face}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Question for the New Yorkers:

Where do you think the best cheesecake in NYC is?

We're in the city this weekend to pick up my daughter, who has been on an internship there. My teenage son has taken to making cheesecake at home, so he's looking for inspiration. (As to where we'll be, she's staying at an NYU dorm in the village and we're staying at a relatives' place in Chelsea; we're also going to be taking a jaunt down to the area around Sheepshead Bay and Marine Park to see the bridge she's been mostly working on, and we'll be up in the Inwood area a bit).
"cheesecake" as in strip clubs?
Old 08-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #2505
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: And we can always hit the Russian Tea Room and feel fancy, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
"cheesecake" as in strip clubs?
Dude, come on, I know you're not a tourist in NY anymore but just like a native, but people who only get to the city every blue moon want a bagel or bialey, some cheesecake, maybe a knish or some deli.

It's too bad NY doesn't have great pizza like Boston, but we can always hit New Haven on the way home for that.