LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > DC

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 231
0 members and 231 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:15 PM   #16
On n'a qu'une vie

Thanks for staying on topic you two. But you're going to have to work a whole lot harder than that for us to beat SF/SV.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:16 PM   #17
On n'a qu'une vie

Yee Haah.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #18
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
Originally posted by On n'a qu'une vie
Yee Haah.
Well, if you insist on getting a page-flip "K" post every 20 posts, we'll catch up quick.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #19
paigowprincess

Quote:
Thanks for staying on topic you two. But you're going to have to work a whole lot harder than that for us to beat SF/SV.
I am no partner or anything, but I am pretty sure that discussing shopping in DC is more ontopic than discussing getting a K. Correct me if I am wrong.

And you will be happy to know that self employed fluffer is on my ignore list so there will be no flame wars in that respect. He is a rank amateur anyway.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #20
On n'a qu'une vie

Quote:
Originally posted by paigowprincess
I am no partner or anything, but I am pretty sure that discussing shopping in DC is more ontopic than discussing getting a K. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong. Consider yourself corrected.

(too easy, Ms. Bunny Slopes)
Old 04-02-2003, 11:26 AM   #21
paigowprincess

Quote:
You are wrong. Consider yourself corrected.

(too easy, Ms. Bunny Slopes)
Counselor,

Unsupported conclusory statement combined with petty name calling = flimsy rebuttal at best by a mental midget. You should know that, Partner. What firm did you say you were at? JRUSS and Associates?
Old 04-02-2003, 04:46 PM   #22
On n'a qu'une vie

Jensen settles lawsuit against Pillsbury.

http://www.nylawyer.com/news/03/04/040203a.html

Jensen's attorney, Stanley S. Arkin of Arkin Kaplan, announced the settlement in a statement that also made public an apology from Pillsbury. According to the statement, Pillsbury said it "deeply regrets making its public statements," and described Jensen, 52, as a "valued and respected member of the firm."

Such a shame.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #23
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
Jensen settles lawsuit against Pillsbury.

[url] . . . . According to the statement, Pillsbury said it "deeply regrets making its public statements,"
Yeah, they deeply regret the fact that they had to cough up multi-millions for some vindictive commentary.:violin: It's like one of those apologies your mom made you give at age 5. "I'm sorry that I, um, dumped sand on your head."

And, Frenchie, don't become the new JRUSS by acting as Paigow's foil. It's beneath you.

And, Paigowrina, are you implying that JRUSS could have his own firm with associates? :shame: Perish the thought.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #24
On n'a qu'une vie

I hear you Burger meister. I am no one's tool (well, except maybe my firm's, but hey, I'm a shareholder). As for our princess, she is only trying to generate page hits, for which I heartily commend her. Lawtalkers rules!
Old 04-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #25
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Paigow and Anne Coulter -- Separated at Birth?

From the Washington Post, April 2:

Human Uzi Ann Coulter, who left Washington for New York because of the disappointing dating scene, has left New York for Miami.

"YES -- I HAVE MOVED TO THE CITY OF INTERNATIONAL INTRIGUE!!!!" the tall blond bestselling author e-mailed us yesterday. "Many reasons. Among them: The tax rate is a lot better for my business. The weather is better for my business. The real estate prices are better for my business. Moreover, that Democrat Michael Bloomberg is a latter-day John Lindsay -- he's wrecking New York City and I didn't want to pay for his fascist smoking police." Never mind that Bloomberg ran for mayor as a Republican.

"Soon he'll be mandating that New Yorkers have a glass of milk and engage in calisthenics every day. He seems to imagine that New Yorkers were drawn to that city for the clean living. It's literally mind-boggling that the mayor's response to a disastrous NYC economy is to crush the restaurant and bar business. I'm not sure even Lindsay could have come up with something so breathtakingly stupid. Reduced bar business means reduced tax revenues means Ann-Pays-More. So I'm gone.

"Also, I'm sick of working all the time and I need to sit on the beach and drink pina coladas with little umbrellas for a while to recuperate. Perhaps I will have a cigar with my pina colada -- which is still legal in Florida. And of course, Matt Drudge is in Miami -- as well as lots of swarthy, patriotic Cubans: the nation's best Americans. Having felt the lash of Democratic 'patriotism' at the Bay of Pigs, I believe they will like my next book."

The style is remarkably similar, methinks. Except Paigs wants to go to monte carlo or vegas, baby.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:19 PM   #26
On n'a qu'une vie

Any thoughts, gossip, war stories, etc. from you young and virile GAs regarding this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Apr3.html

(Spree: Firms come to grips with partners having a few too many "senior moments.")
Old 04-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #27
On n'a qu'une vie

I hereby declare DC to have the most stable, conservative and staid legal market in the world.

Absolutely nothing is happening here at any firm. Every salary is at market. Every GA is satisfied (or scared shitless by the job market).

There is no lateral movement at any level. No partners are harrasing GAs, sexually or otherwise.

We are just one big happy community.:waggle: :hug:
Old 04-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #28
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
I hereby declare DC to have the most stable, conservative and staid legal market in the world.

. . . . Every GA is satisfied (or scared shitless by the job market).

. . . No partners are harrasing GAs, sexually or otherwise.

. . .
Just like a GP to assume all is well in em's house.:rofl:
Old 04-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #29
Self Employed Fluffer

Quote:

Absolutely nothing is happening here at any firm. Every salary is at market. Every GA is satisfied (or scared shitless by the job market).

There is no lateral movement at any level. No partners are harrasing GAs, sexually or otherwise.

We are just one big happy community.:waggle: :hug:
I personally wouldn't mind being sexually harassed by this one hot babe partner we have. Alas, I am unsure of how to best suggest this course of action her.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:41 AM   #30
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

More DC Gov't Incompetence

What is it with these people?

Washington Post article

Apparently the District has over $3m in child support that they've failed to distribute. They're remarkably efficient, however, at taking my money for any number of things. They seemed pretty efficient at taking child support payments as well, with an entire window dedicated solely to taking payments that then, evidently, just sat in the back room.

Yegads. Maybe paigs can send over her troops of short umbrella toters to poke out some eyes.