LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 113
0 members and 113 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #3421
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Transcendent Narcissism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
If you were trying to convince me that you are not, in fact, a narcissist, I’m not sure that offering to send me a picture so I can masturbate to your image was the right strategy.

But I’ll take the pic. I’ve read you’re pretty.
I'm as exhausted with you as I thought you were with me (until you spent some untold amount of time codifying my self-contradictions), but this is phoning it in.

Try again for real.

(Of course I'm a narcissist. If I've contradicted myself on that, then I'd be truly shocked.)

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 10-01-2020 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #3422
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
It should be progressive. The affluent should not receive it.
Most view universality as key to it not getting defunded the way other services and benefits have.

Quote:
As to some, yes. But citing one example does not prove that it is as to all, a sizable fraction, or even a majority of them. Giving money directly is simply far more efficient for most, I suspect. Those items it does not work for can be administered.
It does not work for food (access/desert), housing (supply/location) and health care (acess/information/pricing).
Old 10-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #3423
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
That's a gross simplification. This country is much larger and has much different populations in terms of wealth, character of work, race, culture, state and local level political systems. Germany can implement a country wide policy. We are a tenuously united collection of very different states. Nothing is easily solved here, let alone something as impossibly difficult to tackle as poverty.
I don't understand why any of those things really matter to how policy work. They do matter to willingness to adopt policy, which is different.

Quote:
It's also worth noting that an essential part of what causes this country to innovate a lot is people are working without nets. There's no incentive to succeed like realizing if you should fail...
I think that's total nonsense, and the people who say it always have a net. It's really expensive to be poor. I'm in a part of the country where the innovation is happening. Uncoincidentally, it's one of the richest parts of the country. And the innovation here is happening in Palo Alto and downtown San Francisco, not East Palo Alto or the Bayview. When you look at people who are getting VC funding, how many come from poverty? Like, none, for obvious reasons. The incentive to succeed is great, but it takes much more than that. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates went to Harvard. They dropped out, but not because they were poor. Larry Page and Sergei Brin were graduate students at Stanford. Having a great platform turns out to be a much better recipe for success than having a shitty platform and no net.
的t was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #3424
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Gonna have to roll with the instant tests Need to be mandated before the mask comes off tho.
Vaguely apropos of which, this article is fascinating.
的t was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 10-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #3425
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
I'm as exhausted with you as I thought you were with me (until you spent some untold amount of time codifying my self-contradictions), but this is phoning it in.

Try again for real.

(Of course I'm a narcissist. If I've contradicted myself on that, then I'd be truly shocked.)
1. If you think I did not genuinely enjoy the suggestion that you would send me a photograph so that I could pleasure myself while simultaneously throwing darts at the photo, you are incorrect. It is a concept I would never have imagined, in the same way I would have never considered that a potent way to let someone know how little regard you have for them is to tell them that you will be changing no part of your meal, not even the appetizer, when you learn of their passing. This is your best work.

2. As a fellow narcissist, I compiled that ode to your self-pronouncements in pure admiration. With the exception of the appetizer part (which was from last week and, by the way, I totally know you WOULD change your appetizer if I died), I put that together by cutting and pasting your first person singular statements from about six posts starting last Saturday!!! I知 as self-absorbed as the next guy, except in most cases where I am more self-absorbed than the next guy, and I don稚 think I make that many proclamations about my positions and beliefs and general existential state of being in a whole year, much less four days. You have set the bar impossibly high.

I am not sorry.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #3426
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
1. If you think I did not genuinely enjoy the suggestion that you would send me a photograph so that I could pleasure myself while simultaneously throwing darts at the photo, you are incorrect. It is a concept I would never have imagined, in the same way I would have never considered that a potent way to let someone know how little regard you have for them is to tell them that you will be changing no part of your meal, not even the appetizer, when you learn of their passing. This is your best work.

2. As a fellow narcissist, I compiled that ode to your self-pronouncements in pure admiration. With the exception of the appetizer part (which was from last week and, by the way, I totally know you WOULD change your appetizer if I died), I put that together by cutting and pasting your first person singular statements from about six posts starting last Saturday!!! I’m as self-absorbed as the next guy, except in most cases where I am more self-absorbed than the next guy, and I don’t think I make that many proclamations about my positions and beliefs and general existential state of being in a whole year, much less four days. You have set the bar impossibly high.
FYI, the Moth has been called "the epicenter of competitive narcissism, so all y'all need to stand down on claiming narcissism. No offense.

But I'm worried because now I'm realizing we won't know when YOU or SEBBY die. The only way you hear that kinda news anymore is on Facebook, because a spouse will post something, but you guys aren't EVEN ON FB

On the night(s) you guys die I likely WON'T even change my appetizer order{sad face}

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 10-01-2020 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 11:06 PM   #3427
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Not Vermont. Think about 2000 miles west.
Yeah, I know. I知 saying a reasonable person who wants to ski might choose to drive to Vermont instead
Old 10-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #3428
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Hope we still have a travel industry when the dust has settled.
My brother and his wife are airline pilots. Me too.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #3429
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Vaguely apropos of which, this article is fascinating.
There are definitely supersreaders. For example, the mutant who coughs with his mouth open who infects the entire floor of an office is a superspreader while the person who tests positive but does not spread it to his immediate family is not.

>>In study after study, we see that super-spreading clusters of COVID-19 almost overwhelmingly occur in poorly ventilated, indoor environments where many people congregate over time—weddings, churches, choirs, gyms, funerals, restaurants, and such—especially when there is loud talking or singing without masks.

And they want to know why I have refused to set foot in the mask-free, windowless office since March 11 . . .

Last edited by Icky Thump; 10-02-2020 at 06:56 AM..
Old 10-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #3430
sebastian_dangerfield

The Most Surprising and Unsuprising Story This Year

He may live through or it, or die of it. I will still order the ceviche to start.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #3431
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
There are definitely supersreaders. For example, the mutant who coughs with his mouth open who infects the entire floor of an office is a superspreader while the person who tests positive but does not spread it to his immediate family is not.

>>In study after study, we see that super-spreading clusters of COVID-19 almost overwhelmingly occur in poorly ventilated, indoor environments where many people congregate over time謡eddings, churches, choirs, gyms, funerals, restaurants, and such容specially when there is loud talking or singing without masks.

And they want to know why I have refused to set foot in the mask-free, windowless office since March 11 . . .
Even the corner offices don't have windows?
Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #3432
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...afe-air-travel
Old 10-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #3433
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Even the corner offices don't have windows?
They are all locked.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #3434
Icky Thump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
Ten-week old article, bub. The one I linked was from a week ago and pointed to specific case studies where people infected a good part of the plane. Yes, the exposure was premask, but fucking have at it. Icky needs 100% mask usage, zero tolerance for nonmaskers or he's punching someone in the face.

Last edited by Icky Thump; 10-02-2020 at 02:09 PM..
Old 10-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #3435
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: The Most Surprising and Unsuprising Story This Year

Quote:
He may live through or it, or die of it.
Hard to play Alpha Male when you're sick. The other wolves know you're sick and are looking for their opening.

If I were Soros, I would dump a lot of money on Facebook to target conservatives with the idea that Trump is tired and sick and going to lose, and why should they bother voting. Not a lot of minds left to change out there, but if Democrats are motivated and Republicans are not, that's how you get to a blowout.
Closed Thread