LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Miscellaneous > Vacations

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 140
0 members and 140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #226
ltl/fb

Babymoon recommendations

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
As Hank will recall, my momma taught me not to use indelicate language when there are men pretending to be ladies present.
"scheiss" is not considered indelicate? You would say it freely in front of a 5-y-o Fraulein?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:26 AM   #227
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

Babymoon recommendations

Quote:
Originally posted by ltl/fb
"scheiss" is not considered indelicate? You would say it freely in front of a 5-y-o Fraulein?
To have the profane you must have the sacred. Taken as a whole German is an indelicate language, so I would say scheiss is medium cool. Swearing in German is therefore like swinging two bats in the on-deck circle, or wearing two rubbers in everyday life so you can take one off to have sex and feel like a wild man.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #228
ltl/fb

Babymoon recommendations

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
To have the profane you must have the sacred. Taken as a whole German is an indelicate language, so I would say scheiss is medium cool. Swearing in German is therefore like swinging two bats in the on-deck circle, or wearing two rubbers in everyday life so you can take one off to have sex and feel like a wild man.
Right. I'll teach your kids to say scheiss as soon as practicable.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #229
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Honeymoon Suggestions

Really want to do New Zealand, but it seasonally doesn't fit. Thinking Greece (Santorini) or Italy (Riveria or Amalfi Coast). Any suggestions or recommendations?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #230
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by Did you just call me Coltrane?
Really want to do New Zealand, but it seasonally doesn't fit. Thinking Greece (Santorini) or Italy (Riveria or Amalfi Coast). Any suggestions or recommendations?
What's the time of year you're going?
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #231

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
What's the time of year you're going?
June
Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #232
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Thinking Greece (Santorini)
Santorini is a really young crowd - 25 and under, I would say. It is fun to party there (I went there when I was 28 and had fun, although felt kind of too old), but I wouldn't suggest it for a honeymoon. It's nice, but you might spend your honeymoon stepping over drunken kiwis and the like.

eta - apparently the dalmatian coast is really nice for a honeymoon. Also Slovenia is supposed to be nice.
greatwhitenorthchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #233
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
June
I went in June. It wasn't abysmal. It was cold, but fine.

If you want only warm, forget it. But what about combining it with a trip to, e.g., the Great Barrier Reef or some other south pacific warm location?
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #234

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
I went in June. It wasn't abysmal. It was cold, but fine.

If you want only warm, forget it. But what about combining it with a trip to, e.g., the Great Barrier Reef or some other south pacific warm location?
Warm would be ideal. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #235
Flinty_McFlint

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
I liked Tahiti and Bora Bora. Nothing really to do there, food not very great, but man, the water and silence is awesome in those overwater bungaloes. If you like to swim and not do much, that's the place for you. We also took a week on a cruise around the islands, which was nice too. If you're looking for activities, not such a good place.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #236

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by greatwhitenorthchick
Santorini is a really young crowd - 25 and under, I would say. It is fun to party there (I went there when I was 28 and had fun, although felt kind of too old), but I wouldn't suggest it for a honeymoon. It's nice, but you might spend your honeymoon stepping over drunken kiwis and the like.

eta - apparently the dalmatian coast is really nice for a honeymoon. Also Slovenia is supposed to be nice.
Aren't there islands near Santorini that are more remote?

Although I'm leaning toward a Rome/Amalfi Coast trip. Lake Como looks really cool (but expensive).
Old 06-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #237
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Honeymoon Suggestions

Quote:
Aren't there islands near Santorini that are more remote?

Although I'm leaning toward a Rome/Amalfi Coast trip. Lake Como looks really cool (but expensive).
I went to Ios and Santorini in the middle of March, and Santorini had more people than Ios, which seemed to have more bars per capita than any other place I've ever been, including Bourbon Street. That was a little over ten years ago, though, so the party may have moved. My sister was in Mykonos two summers ago and said the partying was non-stop. Both islands were beautiful.

At some point in my life, I'd love to charter a sail boat through Greek and Turkish islands.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #238
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone

Kauai

Anybody have any must-do or must-see or must-eat or must-drink recommendations for Kauai? Heading there very, very soon. I've read the guidebooks, but if any body has more personal recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #239
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Kauai

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone
Anybody have any must-do or must-see or must-eat or must-drink recommendations for Kauai? Heading there very, very soon. I've read the guidebooks, but if any body has more personal recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em.
1) take the helicopter ride around the Na Pali. Make reservations in advance. I think the advice was to go as early in the morning as possible, before it becomes cloudy.

2) If you were Bilmore I'd say kayak the Na Pali, too. But are you? Make sure you're in decent shape--it's a long slog, but worth it.

3) Go the the Grand Canyon of Hawaii, or whatever they call the Waimea(?) canyon. On the car west of the island. But, and this is really important, go really early, because the clouds do matter there. We wen 2-3 times, and got clouded out at the na pali overlook each time.

4) The food was less impressive on Kauai, as it draws a less touristy crowd than maui/west side Big Island/Oahu. For something fun and cheap, try Ono Burger. There was also a good fish place in a mall on the northeast side, but I'd have to check my notes at home to get the name. Also there was a sushi place in one of the towns near there. Maybe Kapa'a or nearby there.
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #240
NotFromHere
No title

Kauai

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
1) take the helicopter ride around the Na Pali. Make reservations in advance. I think the advice was to go as early in the morning as possible, before it becomes cloudy.

2) If you were Bilmore I'd say kayak the Na Pali, too. But are you? Make sure you're in decent shape--it's a long slog, but worth it.

3) Go the the Grand Canyon of Hawaii, or whatever they call the Waimea(?) canyon. On the car west of the island. But, and this is really important, go really early, because the clouds do matter there. We wen 2-3 times, and got clouded out at the na pali overlook each time.

4) The food was less impressive on Kauai, as it draws a less touristy crowd than maui/west side Big Island/Oahu. For something fun and cheap, try Ono Burger. There was also a good fish place in a mall on the northeast side, but I'd have to check my notes at home to get the name. Also there was a sushi place in one of the towns near there. Maybe Kapa'a or nearby there.
1) Do this for sure. There are many parts of the island you can't really see unless you're on a helicopter. Plus you get to see the Fantasy Island waterfall and you all get to say "the plane, boss. the plane." Good times.
2) Go snorkling. humuhumus are cool.
3) There used to be a Westin, but I think the hurricane destroyed it and now it's a Marriott. There used to be a really cool place to have lunch on the cliff, overlooking the golf course and whales in the ocean. Totally cool. The restaurant was by the tee, so you could see guys launching golf balls into the ocean (it's a tough course). eta - it's called the Aupaka Terrace.

It was relaxing and civilized and beautiful.

If you're staying on the Poipu side, Keoki's is a nice place for dinner. The dining room has a waterfall and a real tropical feel.

We had dinner at Brennecke's. Really cute place that the regulars hang out at. There are geckos everywhere and it's a more relaxed atmosphere (not like Aupaka) but the food was great.
you can read a sort of review here

Last edited by NotFromHere; 06-22-2005 at 01:51 PM..
NotFromHere is offline   Reply With Quote