LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Ohio

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 303
0 members and 303 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 06-07-2003, 01:43 PM   #166
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

another news story

lets see, continuing with the news stories about sex theme we go from sexless marriages in ohio to public bdsm in kentucky!

Pair Found in Park Are Caught in "Rough Foreplay"

and what seems to be a follow up article on the same subject (with picture of the location of the incident)

A woman that police say was found in a public park engaged in rough sexual foreplay is denying the charges and says the incident has been blown out of proportion.

maybe we were wrong when we said that cincinatti is just like kentucky - after all in cincinatti they probably would have been charged with obsensity as well

ms. naughty diplomat

Last edited by ms. naughty diplomat; 06-07-2003 at 02:06 PM..
ms. naughty diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #167
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

oh wait,

yet another news story from kentucky - just when i thought that kentucky might actually be an interesting place after all, based on having public bdsm and all, i read this:

A Harlan man who turned his sex shop into a christian bookstore was named citizen of the month.

they still might be more tolerant than cincinatti - after all, the sex shop owner in kentucky voluntarily burned his own mercandise rather than having it burned by charles keating and the local district attorney after being indicted for obsensity charges.

ms. naughty diplomat

Last edited by ms. naughty diplomat; 06-07-2003 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-07-2003, 05:02 PM   #168
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

another news story

Quote:
Originally posted by ms. naughty diplomat
lets see, continuing with the news stories about sex theme we go from sexless marriages in ohio to public bdsm in kentucky!
incidentially, a while after i posted this message it occurred to me that the statement that the woman was being spanked with a boat oar is probably a misstatement (misprint). being the naughty young lady that i am, i was wondering about the line about being spanked by a boat oar - after all i had never heard of anyone being spanked by a boat oar and i was wondering what it would be like (very painful i thought - those things are big).

then it occurred to me - they probably met that she was being spanked by a paddle and someone for some reason decided to write boat oar instead. either that or the guy is extremely strong and the woman has a very high pain tolerance.

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 06-07-2003, 05:42 PM   #169
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

another news story

Quote:
incidentially, a while after i posted this message it occurred to me that the statement that the woman was being spanked with a boat oar is probably a misstatement (misprint). being the naughty young lady that i am, i was wondering about the line about being spanked by a boat oar - after all i had never heard of anyone being spanked by a boat oar and i was wondering what it would be like (very painful i thought - those things are big).

then it occurred to me - they probably met that she was being spanked by a paddle and someone for some reason decided to write boat oar instead. either that or the guy is extremely strong and the woman has a very high pain tolerance.

ms. naughty diplomat
Your single-minded dedication to a joke that ceased being funny back during the Clinton Administration makes me wonder if you are actually one of my socks. I will have the IT people run a check of my log-ins and get back to you on this. In the meantime, keep up the good work.

Penske

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:05 AM   #170
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

another news story

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
Your single-minded dedication to a joke that ceased being funny back during the Clinton Administration makes me wonder if you are actually one of my socks. I will have the IT people run a check of my log-ins and get back to you on this. In the meantime, keep up the good work.
although i realize that cincinatti's repression of free speech hasn't made the news recently, making fun of cincinatti never ceases being funny, mr. penske :eyeroll:

ms. naughty diplomat

Last edited by ms. naughty diplomat; 06-11-2003 at 08:26 AM..
Old 06-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #171
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

actual sort of on topic question

apparently mr. spookyfish really is the key to generating discussion on these boards. but i guess that is expected since the bored is the home of eerie lakes and spookyfishes.

but in any case, i do have a somewhat actual question. i've noticed that some firms do not generate the amount of discussion that you would expect on these boards. in ohio, the firm that really stands out in that regard is baker - i've seen very few posts actually mention them and they are one of the largest firms in the state. why is there such few metions of that firm? is there just nothing interesting happening there? no law students trying to get tips on the place? anyone who might have cared or had information chased off by the th/fw pissing contest?

of course, we could also wonder how come no one ever talks about columbus. i mean, i think there has been more discussion on akron and toledo than columbus. but i figure its just because despite being the largest city in the state and the state capital it is still a cow town.

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 06-11-2003, 08:55 AM   #172
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

Quote:
of course, we could also wonder how come no one ever talks about columbus. i mean, i think there has been more discussion on akron and toledo than columbus. but i figure its just because despite being the largest city in the state and the state capital it is still a cow town.

ms. naughty diplomat
I post links to great articles about low sex drive marriages, and I get NO credit????? Thanks sweetie.

You raise an interesting question about the lack of info on any of the regional Ohio boards. However, I don't think the lack of information about firms is limited to Columbus or even Ohio. For Columbus, why don't we have more chatter about Vorys or Shottenstein [even info about moving to their posh new digs in the arena district]. How about Cincinnati firms? Other than whining about lack of parity with Columbus and Cleveland firms, there is silence about Dinsmore and FBT and GHR. How about Toledo??? There has to be someone in cyberland with dirt about Shumaker or Eastman Smith or Sam Bolotin?????? As for Baker, I don't know squat. Well, that's not quite true. I do know that the Cleveland Building Trades were quite upset when Baker began to heavily market their HR/Labor consulting firm BakerER. The Unions picketed outside the building on East 9th and even brought out one of their famous inflatable rats.

Oh well. At least we had a new poster on the board in the past week. Go Penske!!! Of course, you could simply be a Penske sock NYD.

Or perhaps I am.

aV
andViolins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:12 PM   #173
spookyfish
Rageaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by andViolins .

Oh well. At least we had a new poster on the board in the past week. Go Penske!!! Of course, you could simply be a Penske sock NYD.

Or perhaps I am.

aV
No. I am a Penske sock.

s(Kinda like Spartacus isn't it?)f
Old 06-11-2003, 02:16 PM   #174
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:
Originally posted by spookyfish
No. I am a Penske sock.

s(Kinda like Spartacus isn't it?)f
so that's why mr. penske appeared after mr. spookyfish vanished

:hmm:

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 06-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #175
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

low sex drive marriages

Quote:
Originally posted by andViolins
I post links to great articles about low sex drive marriages, and I get NO credit????? Thanks sweetie.
oh come on, mr. violins - i replied to your message. so i gave you some credit.

are you feeling like an underappreciated modorator, sweetie? maybe i need to be a naughty girl and tell you what color of thong i am wearing today to cheer you up

:kisscheek

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 06-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #176
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:
You raise an interesting question about the lack of info on any of the regional Ohio boards. However, I don't think the lack of information about firms is limited to Columbus or even Ohio. For Columbus, why don't we have more chatter about Vorys or Shottenstein [even info about moving to their posh new digs in the arena district]. How about Cincinnati firms? Other than whining about lack of parity with Columbus and Cleveland firms, there is silence about Dinsmore and FBT and GHR. How about Toledo??? There has to be someone in cyberland with dirt about Shumaker or Eastman Smith or Sam Bolotin?????? As for Baker, I don't know squat. Well, that's not quite true. I do know that the Cleveland Building Trades were quite upset when Baker began to heavily market their HR/Labor consulting firm BakerER. The Unions picketed outside the building on East 9th and even brought out one of their famous inflatable rats.
well, obviously it is surprising how little information gets posted about other firms / markets. certainally the la board is a prime example - gigantic legal market, lots of firms that are big enough that outing should be a pretty low risk, and they even allowed anon. posting - but no info was there. half the time when i scrolled down on the old board it was the same poster under various sock names talking about the la office of squire sanders.

obviously boards like the ohio, midwest, south, and detroit ones are at a major disadvantage than the bigger markets because a lot of the firms are smaller so that it is more difficult to find people who have info and are not afraid that it would be outable if posted. still, fear of outing can't be totally to blame - back when i used to read the ny board, there was hardly any info posted about prosakeur whose new york office has over 400 attorneys - certainally not the amount of info you'd expect about a firm of that size. so in many respects it is not surprising that jones day and squire have more info about them than the other ohio firms. they are larger and more prominent - and jones day has been pretty active on the merger front recently.

still, there are a lot of firms in ohio with more than 100 attorneys (you listed some of them - also porter wright, buckingham, roetzel, califee, the larger cincinatti firms) that there has been almost nothing about. maybe a law student might ask a question about one of them and a lot of the time there would be no answer. i don't know if people are more concerned giving the smaller legal community and smaller firms about outing than on the coasts. or if there is more apathy in the patch. what's even weirder is that some nothing town outside of columbus (new rome) has gotten almost as much press on these boards as columbus itself. maybe columbus needs to have its own thong to generate discussion.

incidentially, do you have any pictures of the giant rats or the union guys out protesting in front of baker's offices?

ms. naughty diplomat

Last edited by ms. naughty diplomat; 06-11-2003 at 02:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #177
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

Quote:
incidentially, do you have any pictures of the giant rats or the union guys out protesting in front of baker's offices?

ms. naughty diplomat
I don't have any pictures of the specific incident, but it looked something like this:

Old 06-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #178
spookyfish
Rageaholic

Quote:
I don't have any pictures of the specific incident, but it looked something like this:

That's what happens when you don't keep those giant freakin' rollaways covered. Between the giant rats and the pigeons, you'd think we'd learn our lesson. But noooo! We keep insisting on providing a rat and pigeon all-you-can-eat buffet in this town!

And MND, Penske isn't my doppelganger or puppet-master or any other such thing (NTTAWWT). In the last couple of weeks between training my replacement for my (hopefully) soon-to-be-former career and Supreme Court mandated new lawyer training, I just haven't had a lot of time (nor ready access to a PC) in the last few weeks to keep close tabs on the boards. That said, it's very good to see everybody, and I'll try to be a more frequent contributor.

sf
Old 06-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #179
ms. naughty diplomat
naughty but sweet

Quote:

[picture omitted]
that would have been pretty funny to see - at least for a few hours or if i didn't have to walk on the sidewalk that the giant inflatable rat seems to be totally blocking. i wasn't expecting it to be that big - it looks like it reaches the top of the 2nd floor.

do they need to get some sort of permit for those protests or do they just constantly spend their members dues on buying new giant inflatable rats after they keep getting destroyed or confiscated by police for blocking sidewalks illegally?

ms. naughty diplomat
Old 06-11-2003, 05:47 PM   #180
andViolins
(Moderator) oHIo

Quote:
that would have been pretty funny to see - at least for a few hours or if i didn't have to walk on the sidewalk that the giant inflatable rat seems to be totally blocking. i wasn't expecting it to be that big - it looks like it reaches the top of the 2nd floor.

do they need to get some sort of permit for those protests or do they just constantly spend their members dues on buying new giant inflatable rats after they keep getting destroyed or confiscated by police for blocking sidewalks illegally?

ms. naughty diplomat
That was the closest picture I could find. I don't recall it being THAT big. But it was still pretty freakin' large. Add to it, a bunch of pissed off union guys with signs walking around the building and it was quite a sight.

I don't think the rat was completely blocking the walkway, so it, and the union members, were simply engaging in their free speech right to engage in an informational picket. The two cops sitting in their cruiser across the street certainly found the whole scene humorous.

aV