LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Practice Areas > IP

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 58
0 members and 58 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2003, 01:43 AM   #1
mdjd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Restriction Requirement

Don't mean to slow this board down, but I've got a Q for the prosecution geeks out there:
When responding, nontraverse, to a restriction requirement, is there any benefit to withdrawing nonelected claims vs. cancelling nonelected claims?
e.g., are there benefits for divisional filings, not creating potential estoppel issues, etc?

Thanks!
md(back, but without the color)jd
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
mdjd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
bump.

md(c'mon fellas, the Examiner's waiting for a reply...)jd
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 83,389
Restriction Requirement

Quote:
Originally posted by mdjd
Don't mean to slow this board down, but I've got a Q for the prosecution geeks out there:
When responding, nontraverse, to a restriction requirement, is there any benefit to withdrawing nonelected claims vs. cancelling nonelected claims?
e.g., are there benefits for divisional filings, not creating potential estoppel issues, etc?

Thanks!
md(back, but without the color)jd
Species or different inventions?
__________________
like Kanye.
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
mdjd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
hey now, let's keep it above the waist Hank.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 PM   #5
mdjd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Fellas. It's been 3 years & 2 days. I *really* need to get back to this examiner. I think she's starting to realize I'm stalling.

mdjd
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
patent_type
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You inquired: "When responding, nontraverse, to a restriction requirement, is there any benefit to withdrawing nonelected claims vs. cancelling nonelected claims?"

I helpfully respond: yes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant
 
Penske_Account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: PenskeWorld
Posts: 11,627
Quote:
Originally posted by patent_type
You inquired: "When responding, nontraverse, to a restriction requirement, is there any benefit to withdrawing nonelected claims vs. cancelling nonelected claims?"

I helpfully respond: yes.
Can you elaborate?
__________________
Since I'm a righteous man, I don't eat ham;
I wish more people was alive like me



Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
mdjd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by patent_type
You inquired: "When responding, nontraverse, to a restriction requirement, is there any benefit to withdrawing nonelected claims vs. cancelling nonelected claims?"

I helpfully respond: yes.
Thanks PT! I really think we're starting to get somewhere now. This case is starting to gather some serious momentum. I'm tempted to expedite prosecution. Thoughts on this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
mdjd
say hello to my little
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 45
Re: Restriction Requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjd View Post
Thanks PT! I really think we're starting to get somewhere now. This case is starting to gather some serious momentum. I'm tempted to expedite prosecution. Thoughts on this?
It's been almost 10 years, ladies. Can we get an answer or two on this?
__________________
friend
mdjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #10
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 83,389
Re: Restriction Requirement

Hi patent type! Glad yer not in jail!
__________________
like Kanye.
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #11
patent_type
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8
Re: Restriction Requirement

Is it a restriction between different inventions or between patentably distinct species?
patent_type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #12
patent_type
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8
Re: Restriction Requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Hi patent type! Glad yer not in jail!
I'm hopin' the statute of limitations has run
patent_type is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 AM.