LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 120
1 members and 119 guests
sebastian_dangerfield
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #1441
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Originally posted by redheaded stepkid
You need new material.
This is the sort of remark we expect from a first year. You are just beginning your legal career and everything is fresh and new to you, every case or transaction is "cutting edge" and exciting. After a while, you will realize that few issues are novel, and you will be able to just turn to your form file, change the names, and dispose of the issue quickly.

The same applies here. Once you've been here a while, you will have your own collection of material that you can use to respond to a wide variety of situations, like the Gilligan posts, the prize-winning Guernica, or the "Hank is drunk" posts. It's all about working smart, not working hard.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #1442
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Quirky is the new Special.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
Dissent.
Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm. Hank is a prominent lawyer at a prestigious lawfirm.
Hank is drunk.

See how this works?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #1443
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Originally posted by Shape Shifter
This is the sort of remark we expect from a first year. You are just beginning your legal career and everything is fresh and new to you, every case or transaction is "cutting edge" and exciting. After a while, you will realize that few issues are novel, and you will be able to just turn to your form file, change the names, and dispose of the issue quickly.

The same applies here. Once you've been here a while, you will have your own collection of material that you can use to respond to a wide variety of situations, like the Gilligan posts, the prize-winning Guernica, or the "Hank is drunk" posts. It's all about working smart, not working hard.
maybe he'd like the briefcase or the shower clock radio?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #1444
redheaded stepkid
Unholy Toledo!

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:

Ha. So far my approach has been to change chat communities after few years, although those changes tend to coincide with changing life circumstances (HS, college, LS and now law firm). Are there partner chatsites that I can look forward to joining at some point?

I'd hate to get so stale. (j/k)
redheaded stepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #1445
redheaded stepkid
Unholy Toledo!

Quirky is the new Special.

Quote:
Hank is drunk.

See how this works?
Does the three (or even one) martini lunch still exist or is that just the stuff of ancient legend?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #1446
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Ha. So far my approach has been to change chat communities after few years, although those changes tend to coincide with changing life circumstances (HS, college, LS and now law firm). Are there partner chatsites that I can look forward to joining at some point?

There are, but you can't afford the buy-in.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #1447
Hank Chinaski

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:

that can work. both Shape shifter and went to judged.com and we were both voted into the top 300 posters! i don't think either of us would hope to crack the top 300 here
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #1448
redheaded stepkid
Unholy Toledo!

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
There are, but you can't afford the buy-in.
At this point you are correct (my paycheck goes direct deposit into my student loan servicer's lockbox and will for the foreseeable future).........is that your excuse too?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #1449
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
that can work. both Shape shifter and went to judged.com and we were both voted into the top 300 posters! i don't think either of us would hope to crack the top 300 here
Speak for yourself. lo-berry awarded me a superlative.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #1450
redheaded stepkid
Unholy Toledo!

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Is that site any good? I looked at it a month or so ago-the interface was off putting and discussion threads seemed hard to follow.

Is there a ranking of posters here, with 2500 members it would seem top 300 would be prestigious. Are those the people with fresh insights and wit? (although I do appreciate the inciteful insights on my partnership question from everyone)
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #1451
Pretty Little Flower

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Is that site any good? I looked at it a month or so ago-the interface was off putting and discussion threads seemed hard to follow.

Is there a ranking of posters here, with 2500 members it would seem top 300 would be prestigious. Are those the people with fresh insights and wit? (although I do appreciate the inciteful insights on my partnership question from everyone)
Here is the current ranking:

1. Pretty Little Flower
2. redheaded stepkid
3 (tie). All the other pathetic little dim-witted no-life motherfuckers who post here.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #1452
Pretty Little Flower

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Wrong! You're tied for 3rd!

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #1453
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Little Flower

1. Pretty Little Flower
2. redheaded stepkid
3 (tie). All the other pathetic little dim-witted no-life motherfuckers who post here.
Fuck you.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #1454
Hank Chinaski

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:

It's hard to rank, because some of the dimmer posters think they're better than some of the more clever posters. Example: clever posts with references to historic facts/ classical literature, etc. will blow over some poster's heads and they only see an incomprehesible post. Someone like that could see themselves as best and everyone else just an equal level of rambling posts.

A guy named lo-berry did rank people, and I think his opinion was generally accepted, maybe someone can link to his summary post?

As to the Parents board, I was voted most helpful FWIW.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 03-08-2006 at 04:46 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #1455
Hank Chinaski

We Miss You <sniff>

Quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Little Flower

1. Pretty Little Flower
2. redheaded stepkid
PM me when you don't get stuff and I'll walk you through it.