LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Miscellaneous > Mom & Dad, Esq.

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 393
0 members and 393 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #3766
ltl/fb

babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
tell everyone what you've named your son!
You know my boy cat's name. The child in question is a girl child, and is not mine.
ltl/fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #3767
tmdiva
Quality not quantity

Larger Car?

Quote:
Originally posted by mommylawyer
Very. I know because my youngest likes to walk past her car seat and sit in the thrid row, which she is not big enough to do. I am 6 ft tall and I simply stepped in the car and stepped between the seats to get her. If you get the center console, it pops out. I fit in the third row quite comfortably, the seat is roomy, legroom comfy, it has airbags back there and even third row cup holders! lol!
Hmm. So, you were able to find a late-model used one? How much did it run, if you don't mind my asking. I know they're about $40K new, right?

We might just have to test-drive and see.

tm
tmdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #3768
mommylawyer

babe

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
Don't leave us hanging!! When do they turn to mush???!!!
sorry - lol...when they make contact with copious amount of drool!
mommylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #3769
mommylawyer

Larger Car?

Quote:
Originally posted by tmdiva
Hmm. So, you were able to find a late-model used one? How much did it run, if you don't mind my asking. I know they're about $40K new, right?

We might just have to test-drive and see.

tm
Finding them used is a b%#^%!!! I did find 3 used in rhode Island, and they were clearly having someone drive them to get to the 7500 mile requirement for sale in Massachusetts. MB was running one of their cheap interest rate, like 2% so I ended up buying new, but I'll tell you I filled it up last week and the gas mileage is so much better than my wagon, not too mention currently running about $.45 per gallon less. And I have driven significantly more than usual over the long weekend.

There are used ones out there...I'd go to the MB website and do a search there because you can search all over the country. If we weren't trading in my husband's gas guzzler, I probably would have waited and found a used one.
mommylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #3770
viet_mom

Decorating Kids Rooms

Looking for a comforter for the white wood, twin size sleigh bed from Pottery Barn and I swear it's taking me longer than my entire adoption did. Along with the bed is a night table and extra wide dresser (both white wood -- I need that to brighten the room). The comforter/duvet is what I want to work around in terms of putting the room together (window treatments, wall color, throw rug). The carpet is a non-offensive beige berber type rug (I will get a throw rug to match the comforter and window treatments, which will be floor-to-ceiling over each of the 2 windows in the room). I really love toille, and I also love this set from Pottery Barn:

French Rose - Blue:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...&cm%5Fsrc=hero

But my sister says it is not bright enough and also looks too oldish, and the place will look like a "guest room" instead of a kid room if I use that. She suggests this instead:

Blue Cherry Blossom
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...key=rromgirbcb

I like that too but.....

Vietbabe's color is any shade of blue -- I am at least decided on that. I had looked at blue toilles but everyone nixed them b/c it was too "old" looking.

Please put me out of comforter-pattern-picking misery!!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #3771
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Decorating Kids Rooms

Quote:
Originally posted by viet_mom
Looking for a comforter for the white wood, twin size sleigh bed from Pottery Barn and I swear it's taking me longer than my entire adoption did. Along with the bed is a night table and extra wide dresser (both white wood -- I need that to brighten the room). The comforter/duvet is what I want to work around in terms of putting the room together (window treatments, wall color, throw rug). The carpet is a non-offensive beige berber type rug (I will get a throw rug to match the comforter and window treatments, which will be floor-to-ceiling over each of the 2 windows in the room). I really love toille, and I also love this set from Pottery Barn:

French Rose - Blue:

But my sister says it is not bright enough and also looks too oldish, and the place will look like a "guest room" instead of a kid room if I use that. She suggests this instead:

Blue Cherry Blossom

I like that too but.....

Vietbabe's color is any shade of blue -- I am at least decided on that. I had looked at blue toilles but everyone nixed them b/c it was too "old" looking.

I've always been a fan of Garnet Hill. I've bought a bunch of duvet covers from them, and I've always been happy with how they make my room bright and cheerful. It seems like they have a kids' section too.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #3772
ltl/fb

Decorating Kids Rooms

Quote:
Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
I've always been a fan of Garnet Hill. I've bought a bunch of duvet covers from them, and I've always been happy with how they make my room bright and cheerful. It seems like they have a kids' section too.
In percale, whale, bandana, cat's chorus, and elephants are predominantly blue (or have predominantly blue option). I like the elephants the best. Penguins of course win hands down for flannel in winter, but that's probably not what you are interested in right now.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #3773
Paisley

Decorating Kids Rooms

Quote:
Originally posted by viet_mom

French Rose - Blue:

Blue Cherry Blossom

I like that too but.....

My daughter has that 1st one, and I really like it.

I also like the stuff from this place quite a bit -

http://www.kookoobearkids.com/departments.asp?dept=1782

and this place as well -

http://www.landofnod.com/category.as...c=1&srccd=y112
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #3774
bold_n_brazen
It's all about me.

Location: Enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?
Decorating Kids Rooms

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisley

and this place as well -

I love the stuff from Company Kids.
http://www.thecompanystore.com/dept....AbsolutePage=1

The Brazenette has the quilt with the butterflies, and then I made (yes, MADE!) butterflies and dragonflies to hang from her ceiling.

Sheets, I pretty much buy whatever's cute and on sale.

I figure she's got a lifetime of big-girl bedding. I've only got a chance to really cute it up for a little while.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #3775
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Decorating Kids Rooms

Quote:
Originally posted by Paisley

and this place as well -

why not garage sale? as B&B notes, the kid can't tell. I say, unless you can afford $50/bottle wine, you're better off saving the money.

Say you have kid number 2. Aren't they getting to use/wear hand me downs? Why treat no. 1 better? be fair.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #3776
viet_mom

Bedding

Wow. Thanks for all the suggestions and links. I ordered both from Pottery Barn and may get a third from one of the links posted here. Then, when the furniture gets here and Dad and bro-in law are putting it together, Mom, sis and I can decide which looks best on it and I'll return the rest! (Of course, Vietbabe has no say in it!)

As for hand me downs and number 2....ouch. Don't know if I can go back to the terrifying infant stage (or come up with the funds for a second adoption). But....as my basement flooded, I called the parents and asked them to please store Vietbabe's crib and changing table furniture "just in case." I just can't bring myself to sell it and close the door on number 2. All the singles I know who have adopted are on number 2 already and my good single friend has 4 adopted kiddos. I don't know how they do it. I'm getting spoiled with my new found freedom. I tell you what -- when your one child hits about 3, being single with one kid is definitely easier than being married with 2 or more kids. I never expected that.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #3777
bold_n_brazen
It's all about me.

Location: Enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?
Proud moments in parenting.

The Brazenette just walked into my office, naked from the waist down and declared, "By the way, Mommy, I've decided to go commando."
Old 06-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #3778
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone

Quote:
Originally posted by bold_n_brazen
The Brazenette just walked into my office, naked from the waist down and declared, "By the way, Mommy, I've decided to go commando."
From proud moment to sad commentary on the times of our childrens' lives: just heard from the Mrs., who is currently entertaining an afternoon play date with 3 kindergarden girls and a 1st grader (plus the two-year-old in a cast). The girls are currently playing "lock down," hiding under beds until someone gives the "clear" signal. Sounded like they were having a ball, but still....
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #3779
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone
From proud moment to sad commentary on the times of our childrens' lives: just heard from the Mrs., who is currently entertaining an afternoon play date with 3 kindergarden girls and a 1st grader (plus the two-year-old in a cast). The girls are currently playing "lock down," hiding under beds until someone gives the "clear" signal. Sounded like they were having a ball, but still....
my daughter got on two kinds of probation her freshman year in college. Go ahead- top it.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #3780
ltl/fb

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone
My friends and sister and I used to tie each other up with scarves, to see if we could tie someone up so securely she couldn't get free, and look how I turned out! It will all be OK. Hiding is an undervalued talent.