LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 135
0 members and 135 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #11
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
It's fascinating that you include the exposure of a long history of documented sexual assault and violence (and really, whom among us was not aware the world was that way) on this list.
Read Mobs, Messiahs, and Markets. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You have a good idea, even an urgent idea, and then people glom onto it, it gains steam, it attracts "joiners," and the idea bloats into a thing beyond what is intended.

MeToo is a great idea the time for which was long coming. And then the joiners jumped in and suddenly people were discussing whether accusers should be believed without question. That's what happens with these things. If not run in a disciplined manner, they go sideways.

By the way, that first sentence here? That's a perfect example of virtue-signalling. You've repackaged what I said, where I was simply referring to multiple recent movements, and suggested I'm downplaying "sexual assault and violence," as if that was all MeToo encompassed (that it was not more significantly focused on less salacious sounding things like harassment and discrimination). You can score points with overheated characterizations like that on Facebook, or perhaps in comments on a Yahoo story, but you shouldn't try it here.