LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > SF/SV

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 319
0 members and 319 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #1231
NotFromHere
No title

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidd Finch
Uh-oh. The cycle has restarted. First there will be some seemingly innocuous, even moderately serious responses. Then the ever so slightly barbed comments like this. In a few days, Hank will be in full-on Sidd-stalker mode, responding to random posts by random GAs with the suggestion that I'm a slip-and-fall lawyer or that I am trolling high school gyms for dates. The only unknown is whether he'll type the stalker-posts with his right hand or his left.
Just wait for the next late night drinking binge. Then you'll be a full-fledged member of the club.
NotFromHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #1232
Sidd Finch
I am beyond a rank!

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Chinaski
The pure criminal people I know stay in it.

I can name a dozen top civil lawyers in the SF area, and a few in other regions, who spent many years as prosecutors or public defenders. I know many other younger lawyers who spent a few years in criminal law, including me, who then went on to civil firms.

Quote:
I don't openly feel superior, but I'm honest with myself that for a moment in that instance I did.

Good for you.
Sidd Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #1233
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

nsiijotd?

Quote:
I can name a dozen top civil lawyers in the SF area, and a few in other regions, who spent many years as prosecutors or public defenders. I know many other younger lawyers who spent a few years in criminal law, including me, who then went on to civil firms.
Maybe you're right. I only know IP people and they don't tend to go that way.]
Old 06-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #1234
Sidd Finch
I am beyond a rank!

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Maybe you're right. I only know IP people and they don't tend to go that way.]
Ever hear of John Keker?

Most of the former criminal lawyers I was thinking of are in IP, though some are in securities and related fields.

IP people do go that way here; maybe it's because there have been aggressive IP/tech crime prosecutors in the Bay Area and so it's a relatively easy jump. But I suspect if you looked in other areas, and focused on firms that do IP litigation and that try a lot of cases, you would find a lot of others.

Keker's bio -- t.s.

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 06-02-2005 at 02:34 PM..
Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #1235
paigowprincess

Drown In My Own Tears

Quote:
Originally posted by Paig's Sock
Uncool shamfeul and classless unfunny post of teh day.

That's it for me. I'm done. I'm off to my dreayr, lonely apartment and settling in wiht yet another night of television and quart of HAagen Das.

Namaste.
Boy was my evening dreary and lonely, and boy was the Haagen Daz cold and runny. Much more of this and I will be carrying twins.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #1236
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
Just wait for the next late night drinking binge. Then you'll be a full-fledged member of the club.
This hurts my feelings. I have never been anything but polite to you, especially this year. The thing you keep remembering is that Atticus is convinced you are a guy. I brought that up once and ever since you keep attacking me. You have a cutting wit and a very pronounced mean streak. The fact that you are more clever than I in your posts so that you win flame wars with me does not mean that I am drunk or stupid. Perhaps it only means I am a bit too classy to engage in the fight.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #1237
ltl/fb

nsiijotd?

Quote:
The fact that you are more clever than I in your posts so that you win flame wars with me does not mean that I am drunk or stupid.
If (s)he is cleverer, you are stupid. Drunk wouldn't begin to cover it.
ltl/fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #1238
paigowprincess

nsiijotd?

Quote:
This hurts my feelings. I have never been anything but polite to you, especially this year. The thing you keep remembering is that Atticus is convinced you are a guy. I brought that up once and ever since you keep attacking me. You have a cutting wit and a very pronounced mean streak. The fact that you are more clever than I in your posts so that you win flame wars with me does not mean that I am drunk or stupid. Perhaps it only means I am a bit too classy to engage in the fight.

You realize this is NFH and not ncs, right?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #1239
NotFromHere
No title

nsiijotd?

Quote:
So you're saying you were sober during the late night rant? This scares me more than a little.

eta I'm the mean one? I have never called anyone any names. I hate the name calling. And yet I've been called many many hurtful things. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
NotFromHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #1240
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

moveon.org

Quote:
Ever hear of John Keker?

Most of the former criminal lawyers I was thinking of are in IP, though some are in securities and related fields.

IP people do go that way here; maybe it's because there have been aggressive IP/tech crime prosecutors in the Bay Area and so it's a relatively easy jump. But I suspect if you looked in other areas, and focused on firms that do IP litigation and that try a lot of cases, you would find a lot of others.

Keker's bio -- t.s.
Worst.

Flamewar.

Ever.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #1241
Atticus Grinch
Hello, Dum-Dum.

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
I hate the name calling. And yet I've been called many many hurtful things.
I persist in believing you are NotFromVenus, but that is not a hurtful thing. If you find it to be hurtful, I dub thee NotFromLawschool.
Atticus Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #1242
Sidd Finch
I am beyond a rank!

moveon.org

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
Worst.

Flamewar.

Ever.
It's a new mode. I'm trying to talk to Hank without the bile.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #1243
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

moveon.org

Quote:
It's a new mode. I'm trying to talk to Hank without the bile.
Yeah, but you've got to speak to him in the language he understands. Stick to 2 syllables, max. Preferably with large, easy to read type.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #1244
paigowprincess

nsiijotd?

Quote:
Originally posted by Atticus Grinch
I persist in believing you are NotFromVenus, but that is not a hurtful thing. If you find it to be hurtful, I dub thee NotFromLawschool.
Right on, Atticunt!

SHe might hav gone to law school with sunny at the Too Busy Sucking Dick To Get Into My Law School School of Law.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #1245
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

nsiijotd?

Quote:
paigowprincess
Right on, Atticunt!

SHe might hav gone to law school with sunny at the Too Busy Sucking Dick To Get Into My Law School School of Law.
And yet - isn't it remarkable how Sunny is so much more successful than you?
SlaveNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote