LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 222
0 members and 222 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #1801
Pretty Little Flower

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I pegged you more a Pinot Grigo man. Ok, so, this latest variation of your tired shtick is that I lack self-awareness. (Did you forget empathy?) My reply would be, not unpredictably: So what?

Who cares if anyone is self aware? Seriously, I hear that term thrown around a lot, but it means nothing. "Bob's not very self aware." "Mary must have no self awareness."

Who gives a fuck whether anyone is self-aware or not? How is this even an insult? If a person says something, why would I even care if he or she is self aware? I'd listen to what the person said, process it, and if it required reply, reply. If not, say nothing.

You talk about self awareness like it's some supreme virtue. What's of interest is only whether the thing said is accurate and well considered. It's always fair to say "That's fucking bullshit" or "You didn't think that out very well." You can attack the thing said any way you like on its merits. But to say the speaker lacks self awareness means, I think in your head, that the speaker should know better than to say the thing he said regardless of whether the thing said is accurate or not. It's a bullshit metric allowing you to criticize someone for saying something probably true but impolitic.

This sort of squishy criticism makes a slop of conversations by focusing on the alleged tone deafness of an analysis, or whether the speaker "cares" enough, rather than whether the analysis is accurate. Somebody did it couple days ago, saying that to assert Trump succeeded in his amoral approach to the Mueller probe made me somehow amoral. That's silly. The game afoot there was political. Politics is often amoral. To say that Trump out-gamed the Democrats there is simply a factual observation. By hiring Barr, he did so. It was an unusually smart and well considered strategy move on his part. That's just reality. If saying so demonstrates lack of self awareness, what would demonstrate self awareness? To instead say something that wasn't factual but showed "caring" or empathy with people offended by Trump?
Ha ha!!! Wow! That is a cray cray rant even by your standards. Anyhoo, all I meant by you lacking self awareness is that you are so self-absorbed and delusional that you are unable to understand that people are not actually all that impressed with your brain-dead cock juggling, and that it is actually quite alienating to many. That's all. I would try respond to whatever point you were trying to make in the rest of your unhinged rambling, except I didn't read any of it.

I am not sorry.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:14 AM   #1802
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
For the first time I can remember I fear that Roe may go down. Not a joke.
This is why I cried the night he was elected. I knew he'd get one.

This is why I sobbed when Kavanaugh was confirmed.

This country could give a shit about women, and those motherfuckers who assured us that Roe was safe were willfully blind.

I'm so fucking angry. At the whole fucking thing.

And now wondering if there is any way that Arizona, Virginia or Florida could get the ERA ratified to at least throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #1803
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
This is why I cried the night he was elected. I knew he'd get one.

This is why I sobbed when Kavanaugh was confirmed.

This country could give a shit about women, and those motherfuckers who assured us that Roe was safe were willfully blind.

I'm so fucking angry. At the whole fucking thing.

And now wondering if there is any way that Arizona, Virginia or Florida could get the ERA ratified to at least throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.
A low rent r/e developer from Queens, with shit for brains, gets you in a lather. Who's the sucker at that table?

I am not sorry.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #1804
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
If they are at all sentient, they know they need huge turnout of their crazies to have any shot in 2020. They actually got it in 2018 (and still had one of the worst ever midterm losses). Maybe they can do it again.
I doubt it. The full extent of Barr's lies hasn't come out yet. That, coupled with Mueller's testimony which will include the recent stuff just released regarding Flynn's cooperation, along with this Roe situation, is going to award Biden a landslide win.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #1805
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I doubt it. The full extent of Barr's lies hasn't come out yet. That, coupled with Mueller's testimony which will include the recent stuff just released regarding Flynn's cooperation, along with this Roe situation, is going to award Biden a landslide win.
Do not assume that when voting!

I'm not yet convinced that Biden will be the nominee either.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #1806
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Re: A Short Note in Defense of Clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I once finished a fat bike race to wild cheering and rapturous applause, which I assumed was for me, until I turned around and saw that the guy on the left in the picture below was right behind me:

I get it. I'd cheer for him too. But I would make it clear that I was only cheering for him and not for you. And I would make that clear by telling you this immediately after the race. Just because I want to make it clear.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #1807
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
I get it. I'd cheer for him too. But I would make it clear that I was only cheering for him and not for you. And I would make that clear by telling you this immediately after the race. Just because I want to make it clear.
I get it. Totally. And if I were spectating at that marathon, I would have shouted, "You're awesome!" Then I would have shouted, "And by 'you' I mean the joggling guy. Not the jackhole running next to or near him who is pretending all the cheering is for him." This would take a while to shout and I would probably have to run next to you and the joggler for a bit to get it all out, but I would do that. Because, like you, I have a passion for clarity.

I am not sorry.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #1808

Quote:
I get it. Totally. And if I were spectating at that marathon, I would have shouted, "You're awesome!" Then I would have shouted, "And by 'you' I mean the joggling guy. Not the jackhole running next to or near him who is pretending all the cheering is for him." This would take a while to shout and I would probably have to run next to you and the joggler for a bit to get it all out, but I would do that. Because, like you, I have a passion for clarity.
I get it, but this seems to directly contradict your past positions on jugglers:

"I understand your argument, but I used to tangentially know some juggling types back in the day, and they were awful human beings. Constantly trying to interject their juggling into EVERY social situation, even when it was inappropriate to do so, which it was in EVERY social situation."

So really your position on jugglers is not clear at all. Are you the board's Lindsey Graham?
Old 05-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #1809
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
2. You don't want to wait until the end of the race to clear it up for Coltrane, cuz you'll have to wait for a very long long time.....

ZING!
Old 05-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #1810
Hank Chinaski

Quote:

So really your position on jugglers is not clear at all. Are you the board's Lindsey Graham?
Maybe he's the board's sebby?

ZING!
Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #1811
Hank Chinaski

trifecta!!!!!
Old 05-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #1812
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
I get it, but this seems to directly contradict your past positions on jugglers:

"I understand your argument, but I used to tangentially know some juggling types back in the day, and they were awful human beings. Constantly trying to interject their juggling into EVERY social situation, even when it was inappropriate to do so, which it was in EVERY social situation."

A guy who runs a marathon while juggling is awesome. A guy who, with his friend, plans a "spontaneous" juggling performance at a party, all the while acting as if he never expected he would be called upon to show off his juggling skills EVEN THOUGH HE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE ALL HIS JUGGLING SHIT WITH HIM AT THE PARTY, is an awful person.

I am not sorry.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #1813

Quote:
A guy who runs a marathon while juggling is awesome. A guy who, with his friend, plans a "spontaneous" juggling performance at a party, all the while acting as if he never expected he would be called upon to show off his juggling skills EVEN THOUGH HE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE ALL HIS JUGGLING SHIT WITH HIM AT THE PARTY, is an awful person.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:41 PM   #1814

[QUOTE=Did you just call me Coltrane?;523137]
Old 05-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #1815

Fuckity Fuck

[QUOTE=Did you just call me Coltrane?;523138]
Quote:
Unintentional Trifecta!