LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 370
0 members and 370 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #1051
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Yes. Here we all understand that we are each lawyers with different specialties who have all gone to law school, and that we are each capable of reading an opinion and drawing a conclusion. If you have a factual analysis that relates to your specialty (as RT often does), it is welcomed. You offer up your experience as some sort of shorthand for why your opinion should be valued. And if you were sitting in front of me and you did that, I would tell you to your face to get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
That's a nice line, but that's not what I did. Rewind the tape. You mischaracterized what Berman ruled. When I pointed out what he specifically said and why you had mischaracterized it, you called it a technicality. I told you that because I sometimes practice employment law, the distinction between "Goodell does not get to serve as arbitrator ever" and "Goodell did not afford Brady due process in specific ways" is not just a technicality to me. I agree that if I had said, "I'm an employment lawyer, so I'm right on this," that would have been pretty obnoxious. But that's not actually what I did, and so having you put those words in my mouth is pretty irritating. Hank trolls all the time, and he mostly seems to understand what he's doing. But when you're a jackass, you don't seem to have the same self-awareness.

Both of us have said bad things about each other. I said you didn't actually read Berman's decision and I called you a jackass, things that reveal what I find important and that probably didn't bother you in the slightest. You repeatedly suggested that I like to give oral pleasure to other men, something I've never done but also something that doesn't really seem to me as pejorative as it must strike you, but whatever -- different strokes, ami right? Even where you're pissing me off being a jackass, I still enjoy the exchange because I think I might learn something from it. I just wish you could read one of my posts with the same thought in mind.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #1052
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
When I'm at a cocktail party, I'm drinking cocktails. Strong cocktails and lots of them. Probably gin. If you got up in my face with your fucking "I know about employment law" bullshit, I would bust a cap in your ass and take your woman. And then you'd probably come here and whine like a little bitch about what a jackass I am in real life, but I wouldn't give a fuck because I would have your woman and all you would have is a cap in your ass and a pathetic little chatting board to whine to.
Adder would just let you take his woman, you wouldn't need to shoot him. He just can't know for sure it happened. I don't think Ty thinks that way, so maybe you do need to shoot him?
Old 09-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #1053
Not Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Adder would just let you take his woman, you wouldn't need to shoot him. He just can't know for sure it happened. I don't think Ty thinks that way, so maybe you do need to shoot him?
What kind of hairstyle are we talking about here? I just want to make sure I prepare to offer a compliment or two before Flower busts a cap (that means "shoots" right?) the jackass and takes his woman.

ETA: Also, who is the jackass? Or was Flower speaking in general?
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #1054
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
That's a nice line, but that's not what I did. Rewind the tape. You mischaracterized what Berman ruled. When I pointed out what he specifically said and why you had mischaracterized it, you called it a technicality. I told you that because I sometimes practice employment law, the distinction between "Goodell does not get to serve as arbitrator ever" and "Goodell did not afford Brady due process in specific ways" is not just a technicality to me. I agree that if I had said, "I'm an employment lawyer, so I'm right on this," that would have been pretty obnoxious. But that's not actually what I did, and so having you put those words in my mouth is pretty irritating. Hank trolls all the time, and he mostly seems to understand what he's doing. But when you're a jackass, you don't seem to have the same self-awareness.

Both of us have said bad things about each other. I said you didn't actually read Berman's decision and I called you a jackass, things that reveal what I find important and that probably didn't bother you in the slightest. You repeatedly suggested that I like to give oral pleasure to other men, something I've never done but also something that doesn't really seem to me as pejorative as it must strike you, but whatever -- different strokes, ami right? Even where you're pissing me off being a jackass, I still enjoy the exchange because I think I might learn something from it. I just wish you could read one of my posts with the same thought in mind.
I no longer care about any of this shit, except for one thing. To clarify, I said you desired to fellate Tom Brady, not just any other men.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #1056
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
I no longer care about any of this shit, except for one thing. To clarify, I said you desired to fellate Tom Brady, not just any other men.

TM
At some point in time both of you really cared about this shit.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #1057
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
My father really cares about this shit. With him as a benchmark, it's easy for me to say I don't care.

But I have come to realize that I really don't like ESPN any more, with this whole story as just another example of a smug, self-serving pose that pretends to have something to do with journalism but is really about serving unacknowledged corporate interests.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #1058
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Quote:
My father really cares about this shit. With him as a benchmark, it's easy for me to say I don't care.

But I have come to realize that I really don't like ESPN any more, with this whole story as just another example of a smug, self-serving pose that pretends to have something to do with journalism but is really about serving unacknowledged corporate interests.
ESPN's journalistic integrity and meaningful independence with respect to the NFL has long been in question. Maybe some enterprising reporter can do an outside outside the lines on the compromises ESPN makes to kowtow to the NFL (remember the Playmakers?).
Old 09-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #1059

Quote:

ESPN is awful. The goddamn website drives me nuts with autoplay (and I disabled autoplay on Firefox and it STILL autoplays). Sportscenter is terrible too. I only watch the channel when actual sports are on.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) View Post
ESPN's journalistic integrity and meaningful independence with respect to the NFL has long been in question. Maybe some enterprising reporter can do an outside outside the lines on the compromises ESPN makes to kowtow to the NFL (remember the Playmakers?).
Fine, but please don't let it be Bill Simmons. He is a grade A insufferable douchebag.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #1061
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
What kind of hairstyle are we talking about here? I just want to make sure I prepare to offer a compliment or two before Flower busts a cap (that means "shoots" right?) the jackass and takes his woman.

ETA: Also, who is the jackass? Or was Flower speaking in general?
In my scenario, I am the jackass according to Ty, but of course he would think that because I busted a cap in his ass and took his woman. Adder would be like, "All this talk of 'taking' and 'possessing' a woman only underscores outdated and unhealthy property-based constructs of relationships, which will result in exacerbated feelings of jealousy, which by itself is an unavoidable emotion, but when coupled with notions of possession and property will cause individuals to act on this jealousy, which is the ultimate irrationality." At which point I would be pretty tempted to shoot Adder in the dick, but after that speech I would be skeptical that there would be much if anything to shoot at.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #1062
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Yes. And then I no longer did.

TM
Old 09-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #1063
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Sportscenter is terrible too.
Wait a second. You're telling me you don't like Neil and Stan?

Alexei!

TM
Old 09-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #1064
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
In my scenario, I am the jackass according to Ty, but of course he would think that because I busted a cap in his ass and took his woman. Adder would be like, "All this talk of 'taking' and 'possessing' a woman only underscores outdated and unhealthy property-based constructs of relationships, which will result in exacerbated feelings of jealousy, which by itself is an unavoidable emotion, but when coupled with notions of possession and property will cause individuals to act on this jealousy, which is the ultimate irrationality." At which point I would be pretty tempted to shoot Adder in the dick, but after that speech I would be skeptical that there would be much if anything to shoot at.
And not for nothing, but you are fairly explicit and literal throughout most of this post, so it confuses when you say "in his ass." I do not believe those that use the term mean shooting the target in the buttocks, and I expect your threat is not directed there either. Still, combined with the explicit direction of the remainder of the post, I fear the mixed images only serve to confuse the reader.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:17 PM   #1065
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
And not for nothing, but you are fairly explicit and literal throughout most of this post, so it confuses when you say "in his ass." I do not believe those that use the term mean shooting the target in the buttocks, and I expect your threat is not directed there either. Still, combined with the explicit direction of the remainder of the post, I fear the mixed images only serve to confuse the reader.
You don't know how lucky you are that we are not at a cocktail party right now, me all ginned up and packing a Glock, and you spouting your bullshit.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote