LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Chicago

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 120
0 members and 120 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
supernga
No Rank For You!

Lightbulb Law School in Chicago

Hi Chicagoans!

I am planning on going to law school this fall. However, as you may know, the options are stressful. You see, I got accepted into NIU on a full tuition plus $300 monthly stipend. But it is a smaller school, and I'm not sure how hard it will be to get a job back in TX after I graduate. I also got accepted into DePaul, and I am a lot more excited about DePaul than I am about NIU. However, DePaul is only giving me a $10K, which does not cover the $27K tuition. I also got accepted into Hofstra, on no scholarship, and St. Mary's and TX Wesleyan on very little scholarship, and am on the waiting list for UH. My question is: Is it better to go to the highest ranking school on no scholarship and owe out of the wazzoo in loans; go to a good school on substantial scholarship and still owe money, because it's in a very expensive city; go to a Tier IV on a full ride; or go to a Tier IV school in TX, because that's where I plan to practice.

I've asked many people about this, and everyone has given me a different answer. I figured since you are practicing lawyers in Chicago, you would be familiar with NIU and DePaul and their reputations. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
supernga is offline   Reply With Quote