LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 212
2 members and 210 guests
Hank Chinaski, LessinSF
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #751
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Objectively intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
I have a full coors light machine filled with beer.
Threesome?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #752
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
SF's health officer says you can walk the dog or go for a hike, but if you do it with a friend, stay at least 6' away. Thank God.

eta: Here's the Santa Clara County order, for anyone who likes to see such things.
It’s like 28 Days here.

Roads empty. Everyone wishing you you health and safety. Creepy.

I’d prefer they all ape Quint from Jaws. “Ah, fuck this shit... bunch of pansies!”
Old 03-16-2020, 11:20 PM   #753
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Shelter in place ordered in San Francisco, coming to the rest of the Bay Area.

eta: Six counties, midnight tonight. Hope I can still walk the dog.
People in Italy are making REAL good friends with their neighbors with dogs because walking the pooches is the only real way to get out of the house.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 03-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #754
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I'm biking. Fuck that. No cardio for two weeks? I'll go fucking insane.
I am REALLY lucky that I go to a small gym with an after-hours code that gives me access whenever I want. I was the only person in the building when I worked out yesterday. I foresee a lot of 2:30 am workouts in my future.

BTW, I'm married to a yoga instructor whose studio is closed for the immediate future. If anyone is looking for virtual yoga, I can certainly hook you up.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 03-17-2020, 12:00 AM   #755
LessinSF
Wearing the cranky pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Michigan grocery stores sell booze, so cannot get drink equates to dying anyway. Don’t California’s? Pa is just fucked drinking-wise, especially for a state where we know so much discourse is at cocktail parties.
Not only grocery stores, but some drug stores and stores like Target.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:29 AM   #756
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Michigan grocery stores sell booze, so cannot get drink equates to dying anyway. Don’t California’s? Pa is just fucked drinking-wise, especially for a state where we know so much discourse is at cocktail parties.
Grocery stores here sell booze. But many are getting cleaned out, and if you have a spouse who works in an ICU, you are working very hard not to get exposed to sick people, because shit is going to go downhill soon.

Speaking of grocery stores, I suggested this to their manager last night, and they're doing it now. Yay me!
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 03-17-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Old 03-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #757
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
I am REALLY lucky that I go to a small gym with an after-hours code that gives me access whenever I want. I was the only person in the building when I worked out yesterday. I foresee a lot of 2:30 am workouts in my future.

BTW, I'm married to a yoga instructor whose studio is closed for the immediate future. If anyone is looking for virtual yoga, I can certainly hook you up.
I could join one of those up the road from me, but that too is closed now.

I was at the gym yesterday morning and it was filled with many older people. That struck me a bit strange. They either don't care or don't know how this virus works.

This leads me to another thought... Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems we're doing all of this to save the over 70 set and those with heart and lung conditions. Maybe after this two week forced quarantine ceases, instead of letting everyone run amuck once more, we issue the following directive:

DEAR BOOMER: ONCE MORE, THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS PAYING TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE OKAY. THE HEALTHY AND YOUNG HAVE SUFFERED LARGELY FOR YOU. PLEASE REPAY THE FAVOR BY STAYING HOME FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS. HELP US ENSURE WE FLATTEN THE CURVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Regarding the sick and infirm, offer this:

WE'RE SORRY YOU HAVE TO STAY HOME WITH YOUR BOOMER RELATIVES. A NATIONAL FUND HAS BEEN SET UP TO MAKE APPLE'S AND DISNEY'S LIBRARIES FREE TO YOU.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:42 AM   #758
Icky Thump

Quote:
Threesome?
When I went to Sam's Club two weeks ago, the bottled water was gone by 8 AM. But the beer was untouched.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #759
Icky Thump

Quote:

I was at the gym yesterday morning and it was filled with many older people. That struck me a bit strange. They either don't care or don't know how this virus works.

This leads me to another thought... Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems we're doing all of this to save the over 70 set and those with heart and lung conditions. Maybe after this two week forced quarantine ceases, instead of letting everyone run amuck once more, we issue the following directive:

DEAR BOOMER: ONCE MORE, THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS PAYING TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE OKAY. THE HEALTHY AND YOUNG HAVE SUFFERED LARGELY FOR YOU. PLEASE REPAY THE FAVOR BY STAYING HOME FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS. HELP US ENSURE WE FLATTEN THE CURVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

WE'RE SORRY YOU HAVE TO STAY HOME WITH YOUR BOOMER RELATIVES. A NATIONAL FUND HAS BEEN SET UP TO MAKE APPLE'S AND DISNEY'S LIBRARIES FREE TO YOU.
Please. Older generations lived in foxholes and dodged bullets. Young'ns shit their pants when someone talks loud to them or their ubereats is 15 minutes late.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #760
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

I will say this, being a HIPAA and healthcare lawyer for an academic medical center in the middle of a pandemic means that I have plenty of things to do while hunkering down in the house.

Also, WTF? I've been practicing HIPAA for 18 years. I haven't heard it spelled out in 17.5. People don't even misspell it any more with two Ps and an A.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #761
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post

Michigan closed all fitness facilities.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #762
Icky Thump

My wife laughed at me because I said I wanted to live in Singapore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/w...gtype=Homepage
Old 03-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #763
Icky Thump

Quote:

Where else can a man blow dry his balls in front of his friends while talking about Hillary's emails?
Old 03-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #764
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Michigan closed all fitness facilities.
The Senate is actually going to pass this 10-weeks-of-2/3-of-pay-if-a-worker's-kid's-school-is-closed bill.

This is insanity. First, it leaves 59 million workers out in the cold, as they work for firms with 500+ employees.

Second, it's going to destroy a lot of mid-sized businesses that can neither shut down nor afford to pay it.

Third, every business that can afford to shut down for a bit is simply going to do so and lay off employees.

This bill is insane. It's going to turn this from a recession into a near depression.

If you're a mid-sized business with 50-200 employees, the number of people you're going to have to pay for 10 weeks, up to $200 per day, is going to break you. Because we all known, the schools are not going back in session this year.

Cost to Amazon, Wal Mart, Target? 0.000 Risk to them? 0.000

We are living in a banana republic.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #765
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Where else can a man blow dry his balls in front of his friends while talking about Hillary's emails?
I was going to reply to your earlier comment but got sidetracked. I did not mean to take shots at the pre-1946 old people. I meant to take shots at the selfish set born between 1946-1956. That's about the sweet spot in which all the boomers who've driven this wreck into the ditch were born.