LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 149
0 members and 149 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #11
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Re: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
It goes far beyond college. It explains the cognitive failures and flawed reasoning causing polarization. It blames a lot of the moronic idiocy on the left on universities, true, but it applies the same criticism to the right and analyzes the silos that create that side’s groupthink.

And unsurprisingly, it’s lizard brain stuff that applies pretty solidly to both sides.

They use a compelling three part analysis (three “untruths”) both sides of our polarized debates have in common.

At the end, you realize both sides are kind of just playing an ends-justify-the-means game. But how the authors get you there is quite insightful.

I haven't read the book, and I don't really get a sense of college kids being overly coddled (though I've worked in an academic institution for nearly 17 years, none of mine are undergrad). But I do think THIS is an interesting examination of groupthink.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79