LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 131
0 members and 131 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
ferrets_bueller

Re: We are all Slave now.

Someone mentioned Nolets gin, a French product laced with Turkish roses. (And here I switch into J. Peterman mode) It used to be the top shelf offering at The Blue Bar in The Algonquin, where I occasionally rent out one of the small libraries for midtown meetings when I am in New York. I tried to like it, but it's dreadful. (End J. Peterman pretentious mode.)

I'm generally a traditionalist about booze, but once in a while some bearded bunch of mad scientists get something right.

An example of good craftsmanship in a place you wouldn't expect it: I can highly recommend Ransom, an Old Tom dark gin from Oregon. Superb straight up, or with one of the fairly new gigantic ice cubes. (Two theories about the "Old Tom" designation: One is that saloons serving the stuff had a sign out front with a fat Tomcat;the other is that it was the basis for the original Tom Collins.)

A second example is the Pinot Noir revolution that started about 25 years ago in Washington or Oregon. But perhaps this is old enough to be considered a traditional place where it is grown.