LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   1st Annual FB Hold'em Poker Invitational (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323)

Flinty_McFlint 07-03-2003 03:28 PM

oh well

Quote:

Originally posted by evenodds
Heh, nice try.
Well, I do still have law school loans to pay off, you know.

See you!

pretermitted_child 07-04-2003 06:45 AM

Count me in. My screenname is Pretermitted.

SlaveNoMore 07-05-2003 04:07 PM

1st Annual FB Hold'em Poker Invitational

Quote:

Flinty_McFlint
Slave--welcome to the game, what times are good for you--you're an east coast guy, right?
FYI -

I'm usually playing on the Maxim server, not the true poker one.

Replaced_Texan 07-07-2003 03:33 PM

My name is

Replcdtexn

Ex_post_Festo 07-14-2003 09:42 AM

Was anyone playing this weekend?

I was in and around Truepoker this past week and over the weekend, but didn't see any opf the usual suspects milling about as advertised. Was anyone there and I missed you? Maybe if someone (okay, me) suggested a time; 9:00 PM EDT Wed?

epF

notcasesensitive 07-14-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo
I was in and around Truepoker this past week and over the weekend, but didn't see any opf the usual suspects milling about as advertised. Was anyone there and I missed you? Maybe if someone (okay, me) suggested a time; 9:00 PM EDT Wed?

epF
I was playing a little bit. Saw Flinty once, bit the room he was playing in was full. I have plans on Weds night, but look for me when you are on the site other nights... Have you been in the MAXIM server or the other one? Is your log in ex post festo?

evenodds 07-14-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo Maybe if someone (okay, me) suggested a time; 9:00 PM EDT Wed?
That time works for me.

Flinty_McFlint 07-14-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

That time works for me.
Since I'm on the West Coast, I will try and make it later in the session--presuming you can play for more than just 40 mins- 1hour (E/O!). Looking forward to seeing my FB brothers and sisters at the tables--I do seem to play a little each night, so come and find me--I'm strictly on the Maxim server now, a lot more options for us play money players...

Flinty

evenodds 07-14-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint
Since I'm on the West Coast, I will try and make it later in the session--presuming you can play for more than just 40 mins- 1hour (E/O!).
Heeeeeeeey, is it my fault that y'all play on a mac-discrimatory site?

notcasesensitive 07-14-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint
Since I'm on the West Coast, I will try and make it later in the session--presuming you can play for more than just 40 mins- 1hour (E/O!). Looking forward to seeing my FB brothers and sisters at the tables--I do seem to play a little each night, so come and find me--I'm strictly on the Maxim server now, a lot more options for us play money players...

Flinty
How did you like that NL table you were playing? I would have sat down with you but it was full... I started playing Omaha H-L over the weekend. Not sure how the odds work out on that one yet.

Flinty_McFlint 07-14-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
How did you like that NL table you were playing? I would have sat down with you but it was full... I started playing Omaha H-L over the weekend. Not sure how the odds work out on that one yet.
NL 100 Holdem is the way to go. Everyone starts off with 100 bucks (you can replenish), and you can really put people to the test by raising large amounts or going all in. In the standard play money 15/30 games, a lot of people will just call everything, since it's only 120 at the most, and generally lower. When you go all in at the No Limit table, it makes people actually think about it, though a lot of people will just call anyway. The real advantage is that when you catch a large hand, you can make a ton of money.

I played some Omaha HL as well this weekend--it's tough for me because I have no sense of what a playable hand is, there are quite a few more variables going on. I also played in a Holdem tournament, and got knocked out when my K high flush was second best to a full house that filled on the river. Oh well.

Look forward to seeing you and the others on the Maxim site!

Flinty

Replaced_Texan 07-16-2003 09:11 PM

I've set up a table, so look for ReplcdTexn's Table.

evenodds 07-17-2003 05:17 PM

Next Poker Night -- Sunday!

Okay, Sunday 9 cst, we will be on the maxim server on www.truepoker.com

First there creates a table. We'll post the name once created.

Be sure to post your screen name here if it is considerably different from your user name on true poker.

See you Sunday!

evenodds 07-20-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Okay, Sunday 9 cst, we will be on the maxim server on www.truepoker.com
The table name is "EvenoddsFB's Table."

notcasesensitive 07-25-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

The table name is "EvenoddsFB's Table."
Anyone interested in a game this Sunday night? I'm actually in town this time and I am ready to lose some fake money to some imaginary friends!!