LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   1st Annual FB Hold'em Poker Invitational (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323)

notcasesensitive 10-23-2003 11:52 AM

Interest in FB Table?

Flinty and I have been discussing putting together another poker night. Any interest? Any timing suggestions?

Replaced_Texan 10-23-2003 11:55 AM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Flinty and I have been discussing putting together another poker night. Any interest? Any timing suggestions?
I'm interested, but I'll be out of town until Sunday.

robustpuppy 10-23-2003 12:02 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
I'm interested, but I don't know how to play poker and I know that just ruins the game for everybody else.

evenodds 10-23-2003 12:03 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by robustpuppy
I'm interested, but I don't know how to play poker and I know that just ruins the game for everybody else.
I'm in. Especially if RP will be there, so I have a chance at beating someone.

notcasesensitive 10-23-2003 12:08 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
How about Tuesday or Wednesday night of next week?

robustpuppy 10-23-2003 12:16 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

How about Tuesday or Wednesday night of next week?
Wednesday works for me as I no longer watch WW, and it gives me time to learn a bit.

Does the setup allow for watching the rest of you play a few hands before I jump in?

evenodds 10-23-2003 12:21 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by robustpuppy
Does the setup allow for watching the rest of you play a few hands before I jump in?
Yes.

Wednesday works for me, too. I have to use the OM's computer to play, so I may have to drop at some point.

Even(true poker hates macs)Odds

notcasesensitive 10-23-2003 12:27 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by evenodds
Yes.

Wednesday works for me, too. I have to use the OM's computer to play, so I may have to drop at some point.

Even(true poker hates macs)Odds
If it works for Flinty, I nominate Weds at 9:30 CST. I think that is the time that worked best in light of the multicoastal time zone issues.

rp, you can even sit at the table and talk to us while you learn. The program allows you to sit out. Go to truepoker.com to get the download and set up your profile.

str8outavannuys 10-23-2003 12:35 PM

Poker? I hardly even know her

Next Wednesday 10/29 at 9:30 CST works for me.

Flinty_McFlint 10-23-2003 01:34 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

If it works for Flinty, I nominate Weds at 9:30 CST. I think that is the time that worked best in light of the multicoastal time zone issues.

rp, you can even sit at the table and talk to us while you learn. The program allows you to sit out. Go to truepoker.com to get the download and set up your profile.
If Wednesday at 9:30 CST works, I think that's fine. I will probably come in 1/2- 1hour into the session, since I'm on the west coast and will be getting out of work/eating dinner/etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all. FYI, I played a mini-tournament at True Poker (inspired by ncs), and was one of 3 finalists. I had a pair of sixes. A six comes on the flop, with two under cards (2 and 3). Button goes all in, second matches, I raise and go all in, second calls (he was chip leader). Turn and river cards are back to back fours. I have a full house, sixes full. I'm psyched. I'm going to win! However, I lose to second, who has the other two fucking fours in his pocket. Ouch.

notcasesensitive 10-23-2003 01:48 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint
If Wednesday at 9:30 CST works, I think that's fine. I will probably come in 1/2- 1hour into the session, since I'm on the west coast and will be getting out of work/eating dinner/etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all. FYI, I played a mini-tournament at True Poker (inspired by ncs), and was one of 3 finalists. I had a pair of sixes. A six comes on the flop, with two under cards (2 and 3). Button goes all in, second matches, I raise and go all in, second calls (he was chip leader). Turn and river cards are back to back fours. I have a full house, sixes full. I'm psyched. I'm going to win! However, I lose to second, who has the other two fucking fours in his pocket. Ouch.
That is painful. I have yet to get a 4 of a kind on the site, though I've seen several. The other night I lost a bunch during a tourney when my A-high flush lost to a freaking straight flush. I thought I was stomping on a bunch of straights. Sheesh.

ltl/fb 10-23-2003 02:01 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint

I was tempted to join, but this scares me.

Flinty_McFlint 10-23-2003 02:13 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by ltl/fb
I was tempted to join, but this scares me.
My dearest Fringey:

Jump in, the water is fine. It's just a game, and there's nothing at stake. We'll teach you as we go along. Plus you get to choose a neat avatar--I'm the grey skinned, gum chewing alien, ncs is the brunette seductress in the red dress. I only wish they had a monkey avatar. With flip flops.

Flinty_McFlint 10-23-2003 02:16 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

That is painful. I have yet to get a 4 of a kind on the site, though I've seen several. The other night I lost a bunch during a tourney when my A-high flush lost to a freaking straight flush. I thought I was stomping on a bunch of straights. Sheesh.
Ain't that a kick in the head? I'm glad it's play money--if that happened IRL, I think I would cry. Unless there was a nice bad beat jackpot, then it wouldn't be as bad. My online play has taught me one thing--I have no business playing with real money.

Flinty_McFlint 10-23-2003 02:28 PM

Interest in FB Table?

Quote:

Originally posted by leagleaze
If you will teach me to play, I'll join you.
Now we have a party. Excellent.