LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   1st Annual FB Hold'em Poker Invitational (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323)

mmm3587 03-11-2005 01:17 PM

Game on?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by SlaveNoMore
Ditto that. I had to clean all the old software from my computer.
I will do it if we do it late enough Sunday night, like after 9 CST.

notcasesensitive 03-11-2005 02:08 PM

Game on?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by mmm3587
I will do it if we do it late enough Sunday night, like after 9 CST.
My vote is for Sunday, 3/20. Anytime is good for me. I like truepoker.com, but if others have another suggestion, put it out there. Assuming I can get the alternate program to load, I'm in. Only known problem with truepoker is that it used to have Mac compatibility problems, so if we can find one that works with both Mac and PC, that would be ideal (if there are any players who would like ot use a Mac).

Spanky 03-11-2005 02:16 PM

I'm in - if anyone can join in.

notcasesensitive 03-11-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spanky
I'm in - if anyone can join in.
All are welcome. Just watch this board for details.

spookyfish 03-20-2005 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
All are welcome. Just watch this board for details.
It is now 3/20, and I've seen no details.

mmm3587 03-20-2005 09:09 AM

I can't tonight.

Mister_Ruysbroeck 03-20-2005 10:36 AM

I can. And I'm still a supporter of pokerroom.com, but I'll do whatever.

notcasesensitive 03-20-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mister_Ruysbroeck
I can. And I'm still a supporter of pokerroom.com, but I'll do whatever.
I am a maybe this week. Sorry no details posted earlier. Didn't realize it was all on me. If people want to throw a time/place out there, I'll do my best to show. Depends on whether I'm hooked into watching b'ball out somewhere or not...

spookyfish 03-20-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
I am a maybe this week. Sorry no details posted earlier. Didn't realize it was all on me. If people want to throw a time/place out there, I'll do my best to show. Depends on whether I'm hooked into watching b'ball out somewhere or not...
I didn't mean to imply that it was all on you. I've been to two sites. Pokerroom and Holdempoker. com. They both seem pretty much the same, and I am amenable to either one.

I can probably be on after 9 PM Eastern if anyone wants to play, although I'm guessing, because of what I anticipate is a West Coast bias of the players, I won't play as late as some others might.

notcasesensitive 12-16-2005 02:54 PM

January Poker Game
 
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.

Flinty_McFlint 12-16-2005 05:18 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.
I think it is a splendid idea. I think I shall go to www.fulltiltpoker.net and download the software and register under a name that is quite similar to my FB name. And then I shall wait for the appointed time and date and log on, find the table with all my imaginary friends, and proceed to take all their play money, playing junk and talking shit. I think I will find it so enjoyable that I will continue to participate in a regular game with these people. And eventually take their homes.

bold_n_brazen 12-16-2005 05:20 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.
I'm in. Name the date.

For the record, I suck at poker. So you can all win my imaginary money. Or we can play strip poker and you can all imagine me naked.

notcasesensitive 12-16-2005 05:26 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by bold_n_brazen
I'm in. Name the date.

For the record, I suck at poker. So you can all win my imaginary money. Or we can play strip poker and you can all imagine me naked.
Flinty's been imagining you naked for the past 3 years, so I'm not sure that would really be much of a prize for him. Maybe a TITS photo to the ultimate winner?

bold_n_brazen 12-16-2005 05:34 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Flinty's been imagining you naked for the past 3 years, so I'm not sure that would really be much of a prize for him. Maybe a TITS photo to the ultimate winner?
How about a giant fist?

Ex_post_Festo 12-17-2005 09:14 AM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.
Real or play money? Private table? Ring or tournament? Any reason for full tilt? Never played there, looks a little cartoonish.

notcasesensitive 12-17-2005 12:51 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo
Real or play money? Private table? Ring or tournament? Any reason for full tilt? Never played there, looks a little cartoonish.
Flinty and I play real money there, but for the first game, we were going to set up a play money game b/c we figured not many people would be into a real money game.

Where do you play? We'd like to do a private tourney if possible, but it will probably end up being justa ring game. I think Flinty is looking into whether they'd let us set up a play $ tourney on Full Tilt.

If you think some other site is better, we'd be willing to consider it. I think Flinty also plays on Party Poker.

Flinty_McFlint 12-17-2005 02:00 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Flinty and I play real money there, but for the first game, we were going to set up a play money game b/c we figured not many people would be into a real money game.

Where do you play? We'd like to do a private tourney if possible, but it will probably end up being justa ring game. I think Flinty is looking into whether they'd let us set up a play $ tourney on Full Tilt.

If you think some other site is better, we'd be willing to consider it. I think Flinty also plays on Party Poker.
ncs is right, we'd prefer a private tournament, but it will likely end up being a ring game if it's play money. With a tournament structure, there would be more incentive to actually play smart, and plus then someone has bragging rights.

We can hold a private tournament, but it would have to be a real money game. But we can get around that as well if we had to, I guess. I'd just assume stay at Full Tilt. Party poker is just too big to navigate for our willing, but unexperienced friends.

Ex_post_Festo 12-18-2005 11:49 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Flinty and I play real money there, but for the first game, we were going to set up a play money game b/c we figured not many people would be into a real money game.

Where do you play? We'd like to do a private tourney if possible, but it will probably end up being justa ring game. I think Flinty is looking into whether they'd let us set up a play $ tourney on Full Tilt.

If you think some other site is better, we'd be willing to consider it. I think Flinty also plays on Party Poker.
I was introduced to True Poker through you fine folks. I'd played on Planet before that. I only play on Stars these days, but shuttling a few bucks over to Full Tilt shouldn't be difficult. Once you jump through the hoops to fund one site, you can reach them all.

Ordinarily private tourneys can be very boring for those out early, but we can railbird.

Ex_post_Festo 12-29-2005 05:01 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.
Anyone set a date/time yet? Also, does it matter if I get the software from www.fulltiltpoker.net or www.fulltiltpoker.com? I recently sent a family member to the .net version of my usual site, and it turns out that I can't play on the same play money tables with them because I have the .com software.

andViolins 12-31-2005 02:07 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo
Anyone set a date/time yet? Also, does it matter if I get the software from www.fulltiltpoker.net or www.fulltiltpoker.com? I recently sent a family member to the .net version of my usual site, and it turns out that I can't play on the same play money tables with them because I have the .com software.
On pokerstars, if you download the software through .net then I don't think that you can play on money tables, only play money. I wonder if thats also the case on fulltitlt?

aV

spookyfish 12-31-2005 06:46 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Full Tilt Poker. Discuss.
I'm willing. Just like last year.

notcasesensitive 01-03-2006 03:55 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by spookyfish
I'm willing. Just like last year.
I would like to suggest the evening of Sunday, January 22 as the date of our 2006 Lawtalkers Poker Invitational. How's that date looking for everyone?

Flinty_McFlint 01-03-2006 05:43 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
I would like to suggest the evening of Sunday, January 22 as the date of our 2006 Lawtalkers Poker Invitational. How's that date looking for everyone?
That works for me.

bold_n_brazen 01-03-2006 11:14 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Flinty_McFlint
That works for me.
Me too.

Ex_post_Festo 01-04-2006 12:26 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by notcasesensitive
I would like to suggest the evening of Sunday, January 22 as the date of our 2006 Lawtalkers Poker Invitational. How's that date looking for everyone?
Deal me in.

spookyfish 01-04-2006 12:46 PM

January Poker Game
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo
Deal me in.
3!

notcasesensitive 01-21-2006 12:39 PM

Poker Sunday Night!
 
Sorry... I forgot that this was the week or I would have posted a reminder during the week. I hope that a few of you check the boards this weekend. Thought that 9 EST, 6 PST on Sunday would be good. If you want to play, go to www.fulltiltpoker.com, download and choose a user name. According to the Full Tilt people, they are now Mac friendly as well, so Mac users should be able to join up too.

When you get online, you can do a search for a player and search for either "flinty" or "notcase". Then come join our table! Hope to see you there.

Let me know if things have come up and this isn't a good weekend for it...

Ex_post_Festo 01-22-2006 09:29 AM

Poker Sunday Night!
 
Does anyone here get a referral bonus for new players?

notcasesensitive 01-22-2006 02:26 PM

Poker Sunday Night!
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Ex_post_Festo
Does anyone here get a referral bonus for new players?
I wish.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Hosted By: URLJet.com