Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 110
0 members and 110 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Thread: Son Arrested
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
Mister_Ruysbroeck's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,193
If you are truly indigent and can't afford to plop down 2-3K for a private criminal defense attorney, you may be able to get a public defender to represent your son.

A lot of people are deathly afraid of using a public defender, but in some areas of the country, the public defender is the most experienced criminal defense attorney around.

And, even if you're in a major metropolitan area where the PDs have huge caseloads, they generally have good relationships with the prosecutors because they see each other in court on a daily basis.

Some jurisdictions have a list of attorneys willing to take criminal defense cases on a pro-bono (for free) basis. Alot of times the people willing to do this are very good attorneys at top notch firms that actually allow their associates to do some pro-bono work. Check with the local bar association in your area.

Good luck.
I used to have a stupid fucking signature here. Now there's this.
Mister_Ruysbroeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.