LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 170
0 members and 170 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #4067
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Objectively intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I'm not googling wage growth relative to asset valuation during that period. If you disagree with that assessment, fine. It's supportable with reams of data, and yes, it can also be criticized with reams of data. But there is no way I'm dicking around providing cites for you to attack at the margins in bad faith.
You're talking about a period in which we, finally, started to see wage growth after a long period of stagnation. Your theory is that people without assets saw their wages going up but just resented that assets were appreciating faster? I guess that's possible...

Quote:
Do you know what a K recovery is?
The K is where we are now, with professional classes basically fine/growing, while service workers remain in depression because of the pandemic. The conventional wisdom is that the end of the pandemic will be good for working doing things like manicures, because people will go and use those services again.

Quote:
The obsolescence of certain industries, certain classes and types of workers, was just radically accelerated.
How?

Quote:
Coming out of this, there will be far fewer bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.
Nah.

I deleted the text that I was going to respond to about Cruz et al, but there is a breed of "young" (back then) conservatives that started showing up in DC over a decade ago (Ilya Shapiro, former colleague and now "constitutional scholar" at Cato is one) that smirked and pretended to be kidding about how the Pinochet regime was good, actually. Cruz is of their type. So convinced of his own ultimate righteousness that there's nothing out of bounds as long as it's achieving his goals. If Cruz could get himself into 45's position, he would not hesitate to coup.

Last edited by Adder; 01-07-2021 at 04:33 PM..